Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:58 PM   #126
ryedarrow
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torana355 View Post
Istat is in a league of its own. Why are you done with bjango?
A reasonable question. I LOVED iStat Pro, and have been using it since 2007.

1) The developers have stated that they will no longer support it. There are fixes for now, but I'd rather have a permanent solution going forward (the next 5 years). Small hacks are understandable for intermittent OS X updates, but again they are DONE supporting iStat.

2) I have tried both iStat Menus and MiStat, and feel neither is a viable substitute. Hence I am done with bjango. (for the record it isn't the cost, i'd happily pay the same money for a supported version of iStat Pro).

3) I have a hard time sticking with a company with poor transparency. What happened to iSlayer.com? All the sudden it disappears with no words from the developers? Why doesn't it redirect to bjango? Why doesn't bjango have some kind of reference to it?

Sure this is extreme for some people tastes, but its the same reason I'm done with Netflix. Change is fine, but you need to get in front of it, own up to it, and be transparent.
ryedarrow is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 09:01 PM   #127
torana355
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryedarrow View Post
A reasonable question. I LOVED iStat Pro, and have been using it since 2007.

1) The developers have stated that they will no longer support it. There are fixes for now, but I'd rather have a permanent solution going forward (the next 5 years). Small hacks are understandable for intermittent OS X updates, but again they are DONE supporting iStat.

2) I have tried both iStat Menus and MiStat, and feel neither is a viable substitute. Hence I am done with bjango. (for the record it isn't the cost, i'd happily pay the same money for a supported version of iStat Pro).

3) I have a hard time sticking with a company with poor transparency. What happened to iSlayer.com? All the sudden it disappears with no words from the developers? Why doesn't it redirect to bjango? Why doesn't bjango have some kind of reference to it?

Sure this is extreme for some people tastes, but its the same reason I'm done with Netflix. Change is fine, but you need to get in front of it, own up to it, and be transparent.
Fair enough. I use istat Menus myself and there is no other app that even comes close so i have no choice really.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 09:07 PM   #128
ryedarrow
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torana355 View Post
Fair enough. I use istat Menus myself and there is no other app that even comes close so i have no choice really.
hahaha and I'm using a modified version of iStat Pro because just like you "I have no choice". And that drives me CRAZY. I'm not trying to stage a boycott or anything, just wondering if anyone has found a better solution.

The thing is basically plugging into activity monitor, is there really no other solution out there? (I've spent the afternoon trying and have come up empty)

So back to the origional thread title:

iStat Pro Replacement????
Is there one? Or who wants to build one with me? I'll fund it if you know how to build it. The App Store is lacking in selection...
ryedarrow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 04:35 AM   #129
kbk75
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealnighthawk View Post
Awesome! Thanks a lot for the pointer f00f and the script kbmb! I'm now seeing my external IP perfectly. I don't seem to see any in/out data. Should that be tweaked somewhere else?
I have the same issue. Any ideas on how to get the in / out data to display along with the graph?
kbk75 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 04:38 AM   #130
ryedarrow
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk75 View Post
I have the same issue. Any ideas on how to get the in / out data to display along with the graph?
Same goes for me...

Let's make a new one!!??
ryedarrow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 04:46 AM   #131
kbk75
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryedarrow View Post
Same goes for me...

Let's make a new one!!??
I would if I could, mate!
kbk75 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 02:44 AM   #132
AllenH
macrumors newbie

It seems my network in and outs aren't working. The fix for external IP worked fantastically! Thank you! And so did the PS fix as well. [Can anyone confirm the grep -e replacement? I didn't try that one yet.]

So- only thing left is the darned network in bytes and out bytes graph. Did I mess something up here? (is everyone's working?)
AllenH is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:19 PM   #133
jasimon9
macrumors regular

I originally tried to put the small php file on one of my servers. It worked, except that normally we access our own websites over a VPN, so it returned the VPN address.

So to get it to work with my own server, I had to substitute the IP address of our server instead of the DNS name, because that way it does not go over the VPN, and the actual external address is used.
jasimon9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:18 PM   #134
darkiller
macrumors newbie

woots, thanks to everyone here for all the tips! yeah for me its not that istat menus can't do the stuff istat pro can, its just that my menu bar is WAY too cluttered with a million things already, i prefer it on my dashboard.

here's the widget with all the tweaks and updates suggested in this thread. i only got iStat pro though
Attached Files
File Type: zip iStat Pro.wdgt.zip (1.04 MB, 6086 views)
darkiller is offline   14 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:15 PM   #135
Oblivion426
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiller View Post
woots, thanks to everyone here for all the tips! yeah for me its not that istat menus can't do the stuff istat pro can, its just that my menu bar is WAY too cluttered with a million things already, i prefer it on my dashboard.

here's the widget with all the tweaks and updates suggested in this thread. i only got iStat pro though
Thank you for posting this.
Oblivion426 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:33 AM   #136
ipsg
macrumors member

Here's a completely working iStat nano

With the Processes and IP address fix
Attached Files
File Type: zip iStat nano.zip (906.4 KB, 754 views)
ipsg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:48 PM   #137
Donfor39
macrumors regular

Smile

Quote:

Thanks just installed this proceses now working

Cheers Stephen
IPhone 6 64gb Gold Bose Airlink wifi speaker
Donfor39 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:44 PM   #138
Badagri
macrumors 6502

Thanks, ipsg! for the nano widget. It's so strange that my version for the external IP didn't work even with the listed fixes in this very thread.
Badagri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:01 PM   #139
RickT1
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up

Quote:

I joined the forum tonite just to say THANKS! Still on Lion 10.7.5, really missed the Ext IP info, the change from islayer to bjango web site fixed it.
RickT1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:56 PM   #140
SantaRosa2.2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodknocker View Post
iStat Menus is ML compatible
I use iStat menus since I disabled my dashboard. They work great on Mountain lion
SantaRosa2.2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:26 AM   #141
Bazonga
macrumors newbie

Thanks for these awesome fixes !! - iStatPro runs just fine now under ML !

btw. instead of Buduls processes-fix I used Mr. Zorg's replacing egrep "PID|$1" with grep -e "PID" -e "$1".

twomorewishes, though unresolvable i guess:
BatteryStatus for MagicMouse (works with MightyMouse only)
BatteryStatus for Magic TrackPad

Last edited by Bazonga; Nov 29, 2012 at 06:41 AM. Reason: formatting
Bazonga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:17 PM   #142
BSoares
macrumors regular

Thanks for making this available guys. The download from Apple's page isn't working anymore and I wanted this again on my 2012 iMac so you helped me a lot with that ZIP attached.
BSoares is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:44 AM   #143
iamJay
macrumors newbie

My new Apple wireless keyboard does not show up in iStat Pro.
But it work fine with my Magic Mouse, Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
iamJay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:17 PM   #144
howthegodschill
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the iStat Nano DL!
I just set it on processes and put it right next to iStat Menus on my dash.
howthegodschill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:26 PM   #145
ajanini
macrumors member

Quote:

Thanks darkiller!
ajanini is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:47 AM   #146
lukecro
macrumors member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buduls View Post
It's easy to fix iStat Pro processes for Mountain Lion

Steps:

1. Locate your widget, it will be under /Library/Widgets or ~/Library/Widgets
2. Right click it and select: "Show Package Contents"
3. Open Wide.js or Tall.js file in some editor (Wide is for horizontal view, Tall for vertical)

4. Locate the line

Change "PID|$1" to "PID| $1" (Add space before $ sign)

5. Save the changes

6. remove widget and re-add it Dashboard, and it should be fixed
Genius, thanks! This has been bothering me for months - I finally started Googling around today to see if an iStat Pro widget update would be coming soon or not, saw this thread and was disappointed to learn that the developers had abandoned their widget . . . . And then saw this very simple fix. Two seconds in Text Edit with the wide.js file and iStat is working like a charm again. Since the fix is this simple, it's silly the developers don't update the code themselves and release an update. If nothing else, iStat Pro is a good promotional vehicle for their paid apps. Thank goodness for Buduls and MacRumors delivering the answers.
lukecro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:01 AM   #147
ToddJ
macrumors 6502

Thank you for updating it!!!
ToddJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:56 PM   #148
Dimwhit
macrumors 68000

Awesome! Thank you to those who got this working again!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:42 PM   #149
bepeacock
macrumors newbie

Created an account just to say "thank you" for the processes and IP fixes.

Like another poster, I too do not see the network in and out traffic. Curious if anyone has tackled that issue?
bepeacock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:52 AM   #150
lxc
macrumors newbie

Correct permissions?

I changed the code in the wide.js, tall.js (for the processes) an the core.js (for the external ip).

Now I keep getting this entry in the system.log everytime I call the dashboard:
WindowServer[103]: _CGXSetWindowHasKeyAppearance: Operation on a window 0x559 requiring rights kCGSWindowRightOwner by caller Dashboard

This happens until I "uninstall" the iStat Pro-Widget.

Does anybody know the correct permissions for these files? Mine are (after the changes):
ls -la
-rw-r--r--@ 1 myusername staff 20712 19 Feb 14:53 Tall.js
-rw-r--r--@ 1 myusername staff 22782 19 Feb 14:51 Wide.js

Since the permission and the ownership does not differ from the other files, I don't know what to do.

Thanks for any hint,
lxc
lxc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion