Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I wish Siri was more like Google voice search app by actually seeing the voice recognition working. I think it would be faster for us as users to notice if it errors on certain words, so we can stop and mid sentence since editing in iOS is still a little bit of an annoyance..

Also it seems to be faster that this way, and when I notice words are incorrect i stop mid sentence and correct it.

I do enjoy Siri's baked into iOS goodness, but I think they can still do better, and voice recognition improvements are a start....

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Well usually people wait for the ping sound, the sound that Siri gives you to let you know she got your command and is processing the information. But sometimes it takes a little while for it to give you that feedback

If you're in a relatively quiet environment if you wait for the ping siri responds in quicker time.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
If you're in a relatively quiet environment if you wait for the ping siri responds in quicker time.

Yeah i know but you can even make it faster by tapping the microphone button right after your done talking. Works for me and i have tested it

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
She has gotten and understood every thing i said every single time i do it with no problems as of now

press it immediately after you say something, the last part might be cut off and if you talk for too long she will automatically cut you off

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
press it immediately after you say something, the last part might be cut off and if you talk for too long she will automatically cut you off

Well in my case it hasnt cut me off or misunderstood what I said. You dont have to push the microphone button in record time, just after your done talking push the button and Siri is 2-3 seconds faster

coffeemadmanUK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2012
United Kingdom
OMG how is this a "trick"?? It's how Siri functions..... I guess I'm either a freaking genius because I've been doing this from day one OR I'm a total moron because I'm missing the entire point of this thread. I'll go with door #2 and make a graceful exit.

Enjoy using siri the way it was designed and have a great day!

Actually I would say it was "designed" so that you don't have to touch the button after speaking and that it was "designed" to know when you have finished speaking and process it that way.

The OP wasn't exactly claiming a miracle, but if someone didn't do this it's a darn useful tip.

Perhaps "trick" was a bad word to use, but seriously, why must people get so bitchy at a pretty useful post?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.