Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
My auto-brightness is not functioning. It worked before. The only possible reasoni can think of is the 6.0.1 update.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
checked in settings do see if it is turned on? how do you know it is not functioning?

MM

simercool

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
New Delhi
same here.. auto brightness not working after updating to 6.0.1.. nothing happens when i turn it on whether its day or night.. brightness remains same.. :(

MacWorld78

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2012
Mine just work perfectly fine in difference location!!

It's really subtle change which is hard to be notice, however I've notice this behaviour:

Bight light = Screen slightly brighter

Dark light = Screen slightly darker

Normal light = Normal brightness

MGCP

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Hadn't really thought about it but mine does nothing either. Was using it in bed last night in a very dark room and had to manually turn down the brightness as it was just the same as it is in the daytime.

Nezben

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
Mine hasnt worked on my iPad or iPhone since iOS 6.0.1 either.
It is a touch annoying.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Mine worked on 6.0.1 and it works for me on 6.1. I have set it up in different scenarios, though...

I have found it works if you go in different lighting situations and adjust the minimum brightness in each (very dark, normal, very bright).

I can literally watch mine go from close to 100% down to 0.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Mine worked on 6.0.1 and it works for me on 6.1. I have set it up in different scenarios, though...

I have found it works if you go in different lighting situations and adjust the minimum brightness in each (very dark, normal, very bright).

I can literally watch mine go from close to 100% down to 0.

I have just noticed this. Last night, when I was in bed and it was pitch black, I set it to the lowest it could go and then I turned ON the function. Now, this morning, it adjusts itself to the amount of light around.

It's not the one dark setting and one bright setting now. Now, it adjusts to the situation, and you can see the brightness knob moving left and right as you adjust the light around you.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I have just noticed this. Last night, when I was in bed and it was pitch black, I set it to the lowest it could go and then I turned ON the function. Now, this morning, it adjusts itself to the amount of light around.

It's not the one dark setting and one bright setting now. Now, it adjusts to the situation, and you can see the brightness knob moving left and right as you adjust the light around you.

I'm glad it appears to be working.. I know it took me a while to figure this out.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
See the first paragraph of my post here: https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16273698/

Edit: can see that you already figured this out.

Interesting. I didn't know about setting the "extremes". So say I move out into direct sunlight and the knob doesn't move all the way to full brightness, do I just move it to full brightness on my own with the Auto-Brightness feature still on? And it'll remember my pitch-black-room brightness setting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.