Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcr918

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Sorry if I there is a thread on this already. I haven't seen one so I thought I would start one.

IPAD 4 ONLY NO MINIS ALLOWED :D

My Ipad says processing and the delivery date says November 23rd . My card has also just been charged.

Any speculation if this will come before the 23rd also anyone else have a date before the 23rd ?

jb9217a

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
My order says "preparing to ship" with an expected delivery date of 11/21. It changed late Friday from processing....

When I called Apple the lady told me that the expected delivery date was sort of the latest possible day I would get it and that it was very possible it could arrive earlier. :)

Can't wait this is my first iPad ...was a hard decision on getting it since I'm an android guy but I really wanted the performance and apps.

jcr918

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
My order says "preparing to ship" with an expected delivery date of 11/21. It changed late Friday from processing....

When I called Apple the lady told me that the expected delivery date was sort of the latest possible day I would get it and that it was very possible it could arrive earlier. :)

Can't wait this is my first iPad ...was a hard decision on getting it since I'm an android guy but I really wanted the performance and apps.

I have owned many Iphones all starting with 3G's,Iphone 4, Iphone 4s, and now the Iphone 5. This is my FIRST Ipad also.

I have owned a droid tablet but I got so sick of the crappy apps. Also another BIG reason I got the Ipad 4 over a new droid tablet was that Gopro has yet to release the droid gopro wifi streaming app which is very important to me since I own the new gopro hero 3 black edition cameras.

The reason I sprang for the lte version is because I storm chase and I needed the hotspot . My Iphone 5 does hotspot fine but every time someone calls me my internet drops when I am chasing so the Ipad lte will over come this hassle and it's cheaper then adding a mobile hotspot to my account.

I also plan on doing video editing on my Ipad 4 and I feel that the performance will be much smoother on the ipad :D

Hopefully I will get me Ipad 4 LTE 32gb will arrive on Friday the 16th :D

BryceW331

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2009
Ames, Iowa, USA
My iPad 4 with Wi-Fi + Cellular (64GB, Black, AT&T) changed from "Processing" to "Preparing for Shipment" yesterday afternoon. And, of course, I was charged for it... they won't start to ship anything before they get paid for it. (Apple didn't build a $65 billion+ cash reserve by running a charity...)

I called Apple on Thursday and got my shipping changed to 2-3 day. Next-day air was allegedly not an option, even though it appears that some people were able to get that upgrade. My original delivery date was the 23rd, but now it's the 21st. If historical precedent with my iPhone pre-orders shows anything, I expect the iPads to ship out on Monday or Tuesday, and arrive by Friday or next Monday.

This will be my 3rd iPad. I had an original iPad (64GB, Wi-Fi only) and an iPad 3 (64GB, Wi-Fi only). My original on-the-go data strategy was to simply tether to my iPhone, but over this past summer I became somewhat frustrated at having to finagle the wi-fi connection between the devices every time. By the end of August, rumors of an iPad refresh were afoot. So I waited to upgrade until the *NEW* new iPad was official.

And now that I've moved to a mobile share plan, I'm more than happy to pay only $10/month to tap into my data pool.

Last edited:

Crabnbass

Oct 23, 2012
My iPad 4 Verizon also changed to "Preparing for Shipment" sometime yesterday. Still says 11/23 for the delivery though. If I had to guess, I would say that most of us are in the same shipping pool regardless of whatever method we are quoted. Delivery anytime before Thanksgiving will be fine by me.

BryceW331

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2009
Ames, Iowa, USA
If I had to guess, I would say that most of us are in the same shipping pool regardless of whatever method we are quoted. Delivery anytime before Thanksgiving will be fine by me.

I think you're right, Crabnbass. I called in just to see if I could "guarantee" a pre-Thanksgiving delivery date. But it looks like most or all of the LTE iPads will all ship out early this week.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
My AT&T 32GB Black iPad 4 went to preparing for shipment on Friday, too, & my credit card has been charged. I was one of the people who called Apple Thursday night when the shipping dates had returned & I was able to get next-day air. My date showed the 16th by noon. My iPad still shows next-day air but the date has been moved to the 21st.

cang87

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
I'm in Germany.. If I order 32GB-LTE right now, do you think I can get it in the 1st shipping pack or I may get it later than the first releases? Hope I was able to explain..

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
Mine switched to 'prepare for shipment' and my bank card shows the charge as processing. My delivery date is still the 23rd. However, since that is "black friday" here in the U.S., I highly doubt I receive it before the 26th.

jredecop

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
Just got my shipping notice for 16th delivery!! iPad 4 32 Verizon. Had previously said 23rd delivery.

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
Just got my shipping information....on Apple.com says delivers Nov 23rd....but the tracking update says delivers Nov 16th. which sux because I leave town the 15th and wont be back until the following Monday.....

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Same here. After ordering I eventually had a delivery date of 11/23. Yesterday my CC was billed and tonight I received the notice it was shipped for delivery on 11/16.

Edit: Mine is AT&T.

Last edited:

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Canadian user here. Pre ordered an hour after orders went live. Still have processing as my status, with a late November ship date...

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
what kind of garbage is this. i ordered literally within hours of when pre-order started for the iPad 4 LTE version.

mine still says "Preparing for Shipment" with an expected delivery of Nov 21.

unreal

jredecop

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
what kind of garbage is this. i ordered literally within hours of when pre-order started for the iPad 4 LTE version.

mine still says "Preparing for Shipment" with an expected delivery of Nov 21.

unreal

I'm sure most people's status will change tonight.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I received notice that mine shipped at 9:44 China time!

My last notice said that it will arrive on the 23rd. I wonder if it will really take about 2 weeks to get here (Mass)?

NeedMoreVideo

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2011
I have a tracking number as well...

Did anyone's Ipad4 not ship from Chengdu, CN, or are they all being made there now?

jcr918

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Just got my tracking email. Mine says it will arrive Friday the 16th I am excited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.