Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slashear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012

It's so much fluffy I'm gonna slash it!

header_logo_800x200.png

Good news for those who are tired of boring games with the same type of levels! Introducing Slashear - the new exclusive game universe created by a young team of developers! We worked hard to make it really fun and interesting to play. In this game you will find original graphics, cute enemies with super power abilities and much more. Our hero is a small boy who travels through worlds of famous adventure movies and fights against cute but dangerous invaders.

Pop Up

In Slashear you will find:
+ Distinctive worlds, inspired by the most remarkable action movies
+ Lot of fluffy monsters that really want to eat you
+ Interesting & fun final of each level
+ Many puzzles to solve if you want keep you alive
+ Advanced AI - enemies will try to surround you, organize attack
+ Different weapons, pickups & power ups
+ Secret levels with tons of stuff
+ Ability to transform into wolf (or any other monsters as special case)

Keep in touch:
Get fun stuff on http://www.slashear.com
Like it on Facebook
Follow news on Twitter

++++++
We are also working on preparing a pack of lessons of how to make such game! What do you think about it? Will you be interested to get such lessons?

Last edited:

Slashear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Hey, Maxim, thx for asking. We plan to release it on Apr 2013

jfredsilva

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
The game looks really great.
About the lessons, I would love to have such lessons. I want to try to make a game on iOS, I even bought this book

Slashear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
jfredsilva, creating games is interesting. But you will need tons of time to make games rally cool. So take your time and don't give up! wish you luck with it.
As for Cocos 2D - that is great engine. But I suggest you to try Unity 3D - you can quickly make something to show somebody and get some comments back to improve it and while developing you will see what's happening in your gameworld.

btw, check upcoming levels; current one (with zombies & aliens) u saw in promo video.. :)
upcoming_levels_800x400.jpg

Last edited:

Slashear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Hi everyone:) To those who are interested in getting lessons - we'll inform everyone about it as soon as we finish preparing them

Slashear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
New look of a Slashear

Good news for those who are tired of boring games with the same type of levels! Introducing Slashear - the new exclusive game universe created by a young team of developers! We worked hard to make it really fun and interesting to play. In this game you will find original graphics, cute enemies with super power abilities and much more.

Look in the crazy world of slashear! Like us on Facebook.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
Seriously, I hope you're paying royalties to use the Star Wars franchise and royalties to use the Marvel comic book hero's. Otherwise you can end up in a heap of legal issues.

Slashear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Seriously, I hope you're paying royalties to use the Star Wars franchise and royalties to use the Marvel comic book hero's. Otherwise you can end up in a heap of legal issues.

Our goal is in creating the adventure story with atmosphere of different blockbusters. You see, the choice of Star Wars design was based on overwhelming majority of votes in Facebook group devoted to the game.
There's more parody and jest than rip-off and as far as we know it doesn't violate any copyright laws. Otherwise, if you have any other info or you know where to get it please share with us. I think it would be interesting not only for us but for other people,too.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
Our goal is in creating the adventure story with atmosphere of different blockbusters. You see, the choice of Star Wars design was based on overwhelming majority of votes in Facebook group devoted to the game.
There's more parody and jest than rip-off and as far as we know it doesn't violate any copyright laws. Otherwise, if you have any other info or you know where to get it please share with us. I think it would be interesting not only for us but for other people,too.

This is quite obviously a rip-off of their IP. All images from StarWars and the Marvel super heroes are copyrighted; you can't just go and use them. Doesn't matter what the friends on Facebook want, you can't just take someone else's designs / art and use it. Never, ever, ever.

This is some of Disney's Legals.

Last edited:

Slashear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
This is quite obviously a rip-off of their IP. All images from StarWars and the Marvel super heroes are copyrighted; you can't just go and use them. Doesn't matter what the friends on Facebook want, you can't just take someone else's designs / art and use it. Never, ever, ever.

This is some of Disney's Legals.

Great thanks for the info, it's really useful! And of course we don't want to violate any copyrights.
And we have few options still. So, we can make them not similar as much as possible or we can make something new and still amazing:)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.