Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:09 AM   #1
laudern
macrumors 6502

How to show reminders in the Calendar???

Ok so I want to set a reminder for a meeting using the reminder app. How do i then get that reminder to appear in my calendar app as well????
laudern is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:22 AM   #2
Fatboy71
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by laudern View Post
Ok so I want to set a reminder for a meeting using the reminder app. How do i then get that reminder to appear in my calendar app as well????
For meetings and ongoing reminders, I use Calendar. I tend to use Reminders for one off things.

Not sure if what you are wanting to do is possible. Perhaps someone can help you further.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:24 AM   #3
laudern
macrumors 6502

Yeah I was having this discussion with my girlfriend. Perhaps reminders are for different types of 'reminders'. But you can put in times and dates, which to me seems like it "should" integrate with calendar....
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:07 AM   #4
anvikapur
macrumors member

Quote:
Tap the + sign in the upper right corner to add a reminder.
After you add the reminder, click Done in the upper right hand corner. Or just clicking Return on the keyboard will complete the reminder as well.

Next tap on the reminder you just created in order to enter the settings for it. By default reminders won't notify you and function like a checklist of sorts. To change that, tap on the Remind Me option.

You'll have two options to set a notification. On a Day or At a Location. Since we want to set a time based reminder, select the On a Day option.
Simply select the date and time you'd like to be reminded and click Done in the upper right hand corner.
That's it!
anvikapur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:13 AM   #5
laudern
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvikapur View Post
Tap the + sign in the upper right corner to add a reminder.
After you add the reminder, click Done in the upper right hand corner. Or just clicking Return on the keyboard will complete the reminder as well.

Next tap on the reminder you just created in order to enter the settings for it. By default reminders won't notify you and function like a checklist of sorts. To change that, tap on the Remind Me option.

You'll have two options to set a notification. On a Day or At a Location. Since we want to set a time based reminder, select the On a Day option.
Simply select the date and time you'd like to be reminded and click Done in the upper right hand corner.
That's it!
Thanks for the help anvikapur, but that still doesnt show the reminder in calendar.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:59 AM   #6
rogerbarrett
macrumors regular

I'm sorry right now i'm using iOS 5. I have no idea about iOs 6
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:54 AM   #7
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Thanks for the help anvikapur, but that still doesnt show the reminder in calendar.
You can't, it's not the functionality of reminders. Like someone else said, it's more for one off "oh I need to remember to do that later" kinds of things. It can remind you at a certain time or when you get to a certain place, and if it's set by time it will show up on your notification center 24 hours prior to the event.

You're better off just adding it straight to Calendar.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:53 AM   #8
laudern
macrumors 6502

Yep thats what I started to think. Ok thanks for that
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:39 AM   #9
HEISTY
macrumors newbie

ready for update now!!!

I understand that these are two separate things. But as much as I love my Mac this would be something that would help tremendously. Please Apple, send me an update to include the reminders in the calendar view!
HEISTY is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 08:44 PM   #10
Fasthank
macrumors newbie

There is an app called Astrid that does just what you want.
Fasthank is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:00 PM   #11
nippyjun
macrumors 65816

Astrid seems to be gone. Any other apps that allow you to show reminders on a calendar?
nippyjun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:07 PM   #12
QuarterSwede
macrumors 604

Fantastical does. It's so good I don't use either Calendar or Reminders apps anymore.
QuarterSwede is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6