Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atomicpete

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
Hello All,
I didn't preorder an iPad Mini or 4 LTE, but would like to pick one up. Where would be the best place to try or order from to get it the quickest?

Thanks for the help...

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
I ordered a wifi only from Macmall yesterday and they had a bunch in stock. Note sure about LTE models but you might try giving them a call to see if they'll be delivered this Friday.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Just walk into an Apple store the day they are released. Chances are they will have PLENTY in stock. Demands for iPads are not the same as the iPhones.

lzyprson

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
Just walk into an Apple store the day they are released. Chances are they will have PLENTY in stock. Demands for iPads are not the same as the iPhones.

Do you think the have the Mini's in stock? I know they are only honoring pre-orders online, after 10pm, much like they are doing with the iphone 5.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Do you think the have the Mini's in stock? I know they are only honoring pre-orders online, after 10pm, much like they are doing with the iphone 5.

Honestly, you won't know till you call your local store and I can't answer that for you. I was able to get a mini on launch day 2 hours after they opened and there was no line. I assume the same will be true for the LTE mini whenever they decide to officially sell them.

patrikr

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2009
Guess it depends on where you are. I wanted to get an iPad Mini yesterday (Sunday) and all Apple Stores in the San Diego area were sold out, I called four of them. Best Buy was all sold out. Ended up going to a Walmart in the area and they only had 32GB Black in stock.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
I got my white 16gb from apple online but it took along time to get here. it went back and forth from china to japan a few times then it shot up to alaska for a few days then went back to china before coming overseas to america for me to get it.

lzyprson

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
Honestly, you won't know till you call your local store and I can't answer that for you. I was able to get a mini on launch day 2 hours after they opened and there was no line. I assume the same will be true for the LTE mini whenever they decide to officially sell them.

yeah... just walked over to the apple store during lunch break and they had to go check - which gave me hope - but only had 2 white 64gb's in stock. Best bet would be to try to order one for instore pick up after 10pm on the Apple Store App.

Which reminds me, i should probably go check to see how much storage i am using on my ipad 32gb.. I'd really love to settle for the 16gb model instead of the 32gb, but all i can remember is how annoying the 16gb iphones were when they were first released!! Granted i wouldnt need to keep a lot of music on the mini.

atomicpete

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
Any guess on the date of the release?

Thank you for all of the advice..

I have about 4 apple stores in the area so I can check them all on the release date.

Any guesses on what the mini LTE release date might be?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.