Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the second beta of iOS 6.1 to developers. The beta has a build number of 10B5105c, versus 10B5095f for the first beta of iOS 6.1

iosbeta62.jpg
As with the first beta, Apple mentions a number of changes from iOS 6.0.1, including several related to how developers can integrate Apple's new mapping service in their apps, as well as an improvement to how boarding passes are handled in Passbook, and a few minor changes to Safari.

Apple also released a beta of the Apple TV software, as well as Xcode 4.6 Developer Preview 2. Registered developers can download the betas via Apple's Developer page.

Thanks Mathias!

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second iOS 6.1 Beta to Developers

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
Does this have any adjustments to iPhone 5 wifi? My Verizon 5 does not toggle smoothly between LTE and wifi; sometimes it finds wifi at home and work and sometimes not.

Gottis

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
Sometimes (pretty often) the WiFi indicator on my iPhone 5 gets stuck on one bar, only resolvable by a restart. Hopefully 6.1 fixes this.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
so it looks like we are on a 2 week release schedule for the betas. i still wonder when the final version will be out and what it will launch with if anything?

jontech

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2010
Hawaii
According to the notes on the Dev site

Apple TV
Apple TV Software beta
This is a pre-release version of Apple TV Software to be used for testing AirPlay with your iOS apps.

Bah was hoping for iTunes extras :)

----------

Anything new... Anyone?:)

No Notes yet up on the site :)

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
Can anyone post a complete changelog as soon as possible. It would be nice to see if they made any new changes for the iPod Touches as well.

It is nice they are seeding 6.1 now, it means probably that they would release a new version of iTunes very soon.

Last edited:

Damme

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2011
Denmark
I don't think that has anything to do with the phone or software, it is all up to the carriers.

Well, here in Denmark it had everything to do with Apple and nothing to do with the carriers. The carriers had been ready since the iPhone 5 came out, but waiting for the small software update we've seen in Denmark in 6.1 beta 1 :)

33man

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
Please no more battery drain event with icloud deconnected, localization off, and so on...

Please...

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
weather in the iPad Notification Center, Live Weather Icon, Unlimited Apps in one folder, Quick Settings in the Notification Center! FINALLY ... :D

... oh wait that was cydia, my bad

Damme

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2011
Denmark
Panorama is working again.

In beta 1 there were some text strings like push to unlock, that should have been in Danish like the rest of the phone - fixed now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.