Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:23 PM   #1
satirev
macrumors 6502

iPod Nano recall slow?

I set up a couple requests for replacement almost two weeks ago and still havent gotten an empty box, nor has it been shipped out.

has anyone else experienced similar problems recently?
satirev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:25 PM   #2
satirev
macrumors 6502

lots of views but no replies, anyone?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:35 PM   #3
satirev
macrumors 6502

bump
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:39 PM   #4
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020

Y u no give them a call? They usually ship the box rite away!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:40 PM   #5
satirev
macrumors 6502

have called. they wont tell me anything except that they are working on it.

makes me wonder if they are switching to the nano 7th gen for replacements

Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:21 PM   #6
iPod Exchange
macrumors newbie

They are having issues

I usually get an email from Apple once the replacement has shipping. 2800+ later and I get the email every time. Last 500 were registered and replaced in only 10 days but i never got an email with the new serial number of the replacement. I did notice they are now shipping from another location and with different serial numbers than before. I have always got my return envelopes in 2-3 days. I Have been waiting on 220 since the 12th of oct. The reason for delays in the past have been because they had not return boxes/envelopes in stock. Now i am not sure what the deal is and Apple says they are working on getting the envelopes out asap. For anyone thinking Apple may ship the 7th gens as a replacement it WONT happen. I have personal contact with the person in charge of the entire replacement program and there are over 50,000 replacement 6th gens ready to go. If anyone has any specific questions on the replacement program feel free to email me. iPod Exchange is the worlds largest participant in the recall program. Maybe i can help answer your questions.
iPod Exchange is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:41 PM   #7
jameswitter
macrumors newbie

requested 2 boxes to my house about a month ago, still nothing... my cousin and my girlfriend both requested there's around the same time if not just after, and still nothing...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPod Exchange View Post
I usually get an email from Apple once the replacement has shipping. 2800+ later and I get the email every time. Last 500 were registered and replaced in only 10 days but i never got an email with the new serial number of the replacement. I did notice they are now shipping from another location and with different serial numbers than before. I have always got my return envelopes in 2-3 days. I Have been waiting on 220 since the 12th of oct. The reason for delays in the past have been because they had not return boxes/envelopes in stock. Now i am not sure what the deal is and Apple says they are working on getting the envelopes out asap. For anyone thinking Apple may ship the 7th gens as a replacement it WONT happen. I have personal contact with the person in charge of the entire replacement program and there are over 50,000 replacement 6th gens ready to go. If anyone has any specific questions on the replacement program feel free to email me. iPod Exchange is the worlds largest participant in the recall program. Maybe i can help answer your questions.
do you know for sure it's just a delay and not that they are cancelling the program?
jameswitter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:56 PM   #8
satirev
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPod Exchange View Post

wow! youve replaced 2800!!! thats crazy!

Why do you think they wont switch to the 7th gen? are they currently manufacturing the 6th gens in addition to the 7th?

So there is no explanation for this delay so far, interesting..
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:28 PM   #9
Wreckie
macrumors regular

How long will this programme last?
Wreckie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:14 PM   #10
iPod Exchange
macrumors newbie

The program is not ending anytime soon. The program went from a voluntary replacement to a class action lawsuit settlement in April. Because it is actually court ordered that Apple replace all affected iPods it will continue for quite some time. I have an inside source at Apple who has assured me they will let me now ASAP if a deadline is place on the replacement program.
7th gen nanos will not be used in the replacement program. Apple has assured me they have tens of thousands of 6th gens available. They are however still not giving any information on why the return envelopes are being delayed.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:07 AM   #11
lamb21
macrumors newbie

I requested service on the 23rd of October but didn't receive anything till I called and asked them to send me an envelope. I called on the 7th got the envelope on the 9th mailed it out on the 10th and my new replacement was shipped on the 13th.
I really don't want the 6th gen called and begged for credit or for them to allow me to pay for an upgrade and they turned me down. He asked his supervisor if I could get the 7th instead of the 6th and they said no.
lamb21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:08 PM   #12
iPod Exchange
macrumors newbie

Return envelopes now shipping. Apparently there was a few changes in the way Apple processes the exchanges. Received some of my envelopes today. Labels are different than before and are now overnight priority instead of 2 day ground. The return due date is 11/23 thats 30 days not 120 as before. I will do the best i can to find out if the program is winding down but i highly doubt it.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:33 PM   #13
satirev
macrumors 6502

Thanks for the update
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:14 PM   #14
yateseyd1991
macrumors regular

Just got my replacement on Thursday after a month of waiting for the return envelope, the replacements are still coming from Unipart in Lutterworth

iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPhone 2G Sealed, iPod Video 5.5G 120GB, Shure SE425's
yateseyd1991 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:49 PM   #15
DevixLuvic
macrumors member

I got mine replaced back last November-ish, the box took a few weeks to arrive, so if you think it's too late just wait a little more.
DevixLuvic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:57 PM   #16
Proxy One
macrumors newbie

I did my service request on Oct 15th and still have no return envelope, ive done a dozen or so replacements and this is the longest i have waited for the envelope. Hope they get it together soon. I too would have liked a 7G but hey ill give up a 1G for a 6G any day.
Proxy One is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:01 PM   #17
northernbaldy
macrumors 6502a

I lost my first gen nano, so I was proper pissed off
A few months ago I found it in the garage just over a week later I got my shiny new nano in the post

Top top customer service
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:34 PM   #18
colter
macrumors newbie

ipod questions

Hi, I saw your post and you saw you get alot of the ipods that are from the recall? I do alot of business to with them and I'm looking for quantities. willing to do business with me? I cant find a private message tab maybe there is so we can talk.
colter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:49 PM   #19
Braniff747SP
macrumors regular

My box came quickly when I went through the process several months ago.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:15 PM   #20
nickn
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernbaldy View Post

Top top customer service
When there is a lawsuit going demanding it of course there will be good service...
nickn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:48 PM   #21
JimRice
macrumors newbie

nano sold

i just sold mine on www.cashyourgadgets.co.uk

recall process is too much hassle! peace!
JimRice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:53 AM   #22
Wreckie
macrumors regular

Does anyone know if they check if the serial of iPod matches with the one you order recall for? For instance, if happens I have multiple 1. Gen nanos and I send them packages back with iPods messed up in different packages.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:38 PM   #23
Wreckie
macrumors regular

Has the recall program come to an end?
http://www.apple.com/support/ipodnano_replacement/ - this page confirms, that it is still valid, but when clicking on "Click here" hyperlink, it opens new replacement program regarding Apple USB charger replacement.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:05 PM   #24
yateseyd1991
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckie View Post
Has the recall program come to an end?
http://www.apple.com/support/ipodnano_replacement/ - this page confirms, that it is still valid, but when clicking on "Click here" hyperlink, it opens new replacement program regarding Apple USB charger replacement.
Just tested the "Click here" hyperlink and it all appears to be working fine, perhaps a temporary technical glitch?
yateseyd1991 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:38 AM   #25
Wreckie
macrumors regular

Seems like that, now it works again

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod