Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qckslvrsiete

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
So, every few hours or so I keep getting the blue notification box (the old style, that freezes whatever you're doing until you respond) telling me a system restart is required before installing 6.0.1 and the only option in the notification box is to go to settings. Once in settings, it proceeds to tell me I can't install 6.0.1 OTA because I don't have enough space. I'll update to 6.0.1 when I'm good and ready and on my own time (probably in the next few days), but until then it's really annoying having a forced dialogue box come up that doesn't allow me to do anything but switch to my settings app. Has anyone found a way around this so I don't have to keep switching to settings then back to whatever I was doing until I install 6.0.1?

qckslvrsiete

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Do you have something against 6.0.1?

Nope, just haven't had the time to install it. I'll get to it eventually, seeing as it's the only way to make the red number one in my settings icon go away. But this blue restart notification is a whole new level of intrusiveness.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
An iPhone 5 is doing this? I have an iPhone 4 that only shows the (1) badge on the Settings icon; never have gotten a nag message. I don't plan on updating it.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Nope, just haven't had the time to install it. I'll get to it eventually, seeing as it's the only way to make the red number one in my settings icon go away. But this blue restart notification is a whole new level of intrusiveness.

nothing you can really do about it but install 6.0.1, it doesn't use all the space anyway so delete a few apps or something then when it's done reinstall it.

qckslvrsiete

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
An iPhone 5 is doing this? I have an iPhone 4 that only shows the (1) badge on the Settings icon; never have gotten a nag message. I don't plan on updating it.

Yeah. I think I realized the mistake I made. When the update came out, I tried to install it OTA and the "iOS Installer" app was put on my phone before the phone realized it didn't have enough space for the actual update. I think it's that app that's causing the notification.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.