Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wuiffi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
I guess this has been said before but WOW Apple.
My sisters boyfriend got an 2005 (or 06) iPod nano (1st gen). They were recalled due to battery problems. He send his 1GB Nano in and now (a few weeks later) he got a 6th gen 8GB iPod nano. He didn't use his iPod, cause the battery really started to suck and 1GB was not enough for him, so he thought about buying a new one
And now he gets a new (better) one for free

That's what I call good customer service!

slowtony

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Van Nuys, CA
This is both good news and bad news! It's good for your sister's boyfriend and everyone else whose early iPod is subject to the battery recall. This exchange has been going on since the end of last year. It's great customer service. The bad news is that the wonderful little 6th generation Nano is now discontinued. The exchange, if it is still happening, will use up the supply of 6Gs that are now available as 'refurbished' units through the Apple Store. If anyone out there wants a 6G, they'd better get one soon.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
exchange, if it is still happening, will use up the supply of 6Gs that are now available as 'refurbished' units through the Apple Store. If anyone out there wants a 6G, they'd better get one soon.
My thinking is that Apple has an ample supply and/or they are still manufacturing the 6G nano. They still have to make them for warranty replacements as well as the battery program. I suspect they'll be around for a few more years. If you're worried about supplies, then buy one now and pay $60 in a few years when the battery dies.

veda kruthi

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
The service is really great replacing that many times is not so simple as it seems, i too had a similar problem till now i am in hesitation to ask for service now i will move a step forward. thank you.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
This is both good news and bad news! It's good for your sister's boyfriend and everyone else whose early iPod is subject to the battery recall. This exchange has been going on since the end of last year. It's great customer service. The bad news is that the wonderful little 6th generation Nano is now discontinued. The exchange, if it is still happening, will use up the supply of 6Gs that are now available as 'refurbished' units through the Apple Store. If anyone out there wants a 6G, they'd better get one soon.

The 6th gen had a two year cycle, something that has never happened in the nano line. I am sure there is plenty of 6G goodness to go around, especially the 16GB model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.