Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Ok so say they do release the 5S..

I doubt an early release would see IOS7 or A7.

They could add NFC but have proven no rush to.

Can't see a slimmer version as the iPhone 5 is a redesign.

12 mega pixels won't offer much change over 8 mega pixels.

So one has to ask as much as the rumours come how could Apple benifit by releasing another one so soon?

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
I'd recommend that you hold off on discussing unreleased products until we start receiving hypothetical leaked product information. Until then anyone with a decent understanding of the subject could make a wishlist thread.

Booji

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2011
Tokyo
I doubt that there will be a processor upgrade on the next cycle. A6 is already overpowered and it will take a while for software to catch up.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I just hope the 5S is nothing like the quality it is now with the 5 - all this chipping, fading, scratches, and peeling. I'm due for an upgrade then and I'd like Apple to look into their quality control before releasing the 5S.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
I just hope the 5S is nothing like the quality it is now with the 5 - all this chipping, fading, scratches, and peeling. I'm due for an upgrade then and I'd like Apple to look into their quality control before releasing the 5S.

Metal, in particular, aluminum scratches and chips. It's a soft metal relatively. There's not much that can be done other than better care in the factor so that said scratches come at your hands and not the factory workers.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009

So one has to ask as much as the rumours come how could Apple benifit by releasing another one so soon?
How about no?

We all know Samsung is desperately spreading this rumor because the iP5 is beating their plastic crap.

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon
Metal, in particular, aluminum scratches and chips. It's a soft metal relatively. There's not much that can be done other than better care in the factor so that said scratches come at your hands and not the factory workers.

It's not the aluminum that's the problem. It's the poor anodization process that they are / were using.

Random 995K

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
The rumor seems not fake, many report suggests iPhone 5S Will Be Announced In The First Quarter of 2013.

Many reports all quoting what? ONE source. Also the options are either june or September/October.

I dont remember reading first quarter of 2013 anywhere.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
You know it's fake when they said it would be released with Apple's new Ipad in the first half ot the year, Apple would never outdate a product THAT fast. Rumors spread by Samsung to slow down iPhone 5 sales

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
It's not the aluminum that's the problem. It's the poor anodization process that they are / were using.

Still think the glass front and back with stainless band was a MUCH more durable design but Apple HAD to go for the WOW factor and sacrifice quality to lose weight and thickness!:mad:

It likely saved Apple a lot of money, too as a piece of stamped Aluminum for the entire back and sides of the phone was likely much cheaper!:rolleyes:

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
If they are going to have the iPads release in October then it makes more sense to move the phone to back to June but I don't think Apple will do it. I think they are trying to make sure they have plenty of stock next year so they can break all kinds of records and not have to worry about supply.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada

No.

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
I'd recommend that you hold off on discussing unreleased products until we start receiving hypothetical leaked product information. Until then anyone with a decent understanding of the subject could make a wishlist thread.

Hmmmm last time I checked, this was a rumor site, and this is an iPhone forum.

sevendust

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
Let them release the 5S if they want, so that I can upgrade with the iphone 7 after a year haha:D

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010

What chipping, fading, scratches and peeling? I've sen none of that. The iPhone 5 is the highest quality phone I've owned. But then again, I pay little attention to the haters. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

AlphaHumanus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
It likely saved Apple a lot of money, too as a piece of stamped Aluminum for the entire back and sides of the phone was likely much cheaper!:rolleyes:

I dont think the uni-body is stamped. I'm pretty sure apple has almost all of its casings/frames/bodies machined individually.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston

Are we really starting with these already? Why!!!

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Me thinks this has to be a reaction against all the android and windows phones coming out with new versions on a much quicker scale. Wen you think about all the other phones in the market, and how quickly they launch into the market, it may make sense for Apple to increase the release schedule.

You do no that've to upgrade to the latest version. If you're happy with your phone, stick with it.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009

My iP5 is still flawless, just a screen protector. I am sure many folks in the same boat!

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I doubt that there will be a processor upgrade on the next cycle. A6 is already overpowered and it will take a while for software to catch up.

Are you serious? A phone upgrade without a processor upgrade? Umm no. Even if it's just an A6 overclocked/overpowered, there will be upgrades.

Can't believe these 5S rumors are starting ALREADY. The 5 has barely been out for two months. The 5S will be my next iPhone, however :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.