Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

venix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Hi there,

I have two computers one macBook with mac OS and one with windows VISTA , and i want to move the eclipse workspace with all the projects i have in it from Vista laptop to macBook laptop. What I did and didn't work , it was to copy the whole workspace from VISTA to MACBook and open it with the eclipse on MacBook.

That didn't work because when I was trying to run each project didn't recognise the files. So then I delete all the .class files and tried agaiin , but guess what , it didn't work again. Is there anyway to share the two workspaces somehow so whatever changes I made to the one to be copied to the other one ? Or is there anyway to just export all projects and simply make them work , (from Vista to mackbook,)?

Thanks,
Michael

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
The problem is almost certainly path-related, namely that Eclipse on Windows uses Windows-style paths and Eclipse on the Mac OS expects Mac-style paths.

There is a solution though. It's detailed here.

dbell

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2007
Just move your workspace and the only thing you should need to fix is your selected JVM in the build path.

I like to work on my Mac and Linux box so I set up a CVS repository and check in everything but the support jars (I pull them from an Ivy repository). the .classpath file and the .project file. This let's me keep everything in sych between those boxes without corrupting the workspace with the other boxes workspace settings.

ankit116

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
Trick: transfer Workspace from windows to Mac Eclipse

:apple: Select The SDK folder for your mac from Eclipse>Preference if it is not set properly.
:apple: Make a new project and then clean it by going in Project>Clean Make sure it should be error free.

and you are done .. alll other projects will also be build :)

you can check the api levels of your apps you hav set and api levels you actually have on your sdk. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.