Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brokenbuyer

macrumors regular
May 7, 2011
Still think PS overpriced like hell.
Make us wait this long and then come out with a decent product that costs 8x as much as competitors?

Going from a naked phone to a noot is hardly a difference at all. And I only use the noot when I may be more active/physical (hiking, camping, biking, etc).

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Make us wait this long and then come out with a decent product that costs 8x as much as competitors?

Going from a naked phone to a noot is hardly a difference at all. And I only use the noot when I may be more active/physical (hiking, camping, biking, etc).

A $5 case is not a competitor of standards to Power Support.

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR

Some may argue that Apple products are overpriced as well. Power Support makes very well engineered products that are worth a premium. I don't see it as being worth 8x as much as a competing product; I see it as being worth $40.

brokenbuyer

macrumors regular
May 7, 2011

Some may argue that Apple products are overpriced as well. Power Support makes very well engineered products that are worth a premium. I don't see it as being worth 8x as much as a competing product; I see it as being worth $40.

Apple products are overpriced. Branding and strong customer base.
Air Jacket is overpriced. Branding and strong customer base.

Not here to flame or start arguments, I stated my point and I'm out. If it was $20 or under, I'd hop on it. Unfortunately, it's not. Powersupport showed up late to the party and I bought other cases; got other high quality accessories from companies that acknowledged their customers with coupons and deals.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
The crystal screen protector has been a complete disappointment. Waited about 1.5months for them to finally be available.

it advertises "Resists fingerprints and smudges" but behaves like their previous crystals which didn't advertise that.

I've used the Belkin Retina for the iphone 5. Note this is the "Tru Clarity" range and at a higher price than their anti-smudge or crystal series. This was way better. No loss of clarity at all but indeed kept smudges and fingerprints to a minimum.

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Apple products are overpriced. Branding and strong customer base.
Air Jacket is overpriced. Branding and strong customer base.

Not here to flame or start arguments, I stated my point and I'm out. If it was $20 or under, I'd hop on it. Unfortunately, it's not. Powersupport showed up late to the party and I bought other cases; got other high quality accessories from companies that acknowledged their customers with coupons and deals.

They're not labeled as competitors is what I'm saying. Your $5 dollar case is great, it is, but PS will still sell and they'll still generate sales that are "8x" higher than the one you probably got off of eBay.

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
Just ordered the clear for my white 5. Been using a pad and quill wallet case. Wanna try this out to see if it scratches. I wanna go naked but I'm addicted to cases.

Which pad a quill case do you have? Have any pics? PM me, plrade

floss

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2009
If you don't use the screen protectors that come in the package, I would say $40 for the case by itself is definitely steep. Taking into account that the screen protectors cost $15 when purchased separately, the case is essentially $25. If you do end up using the included screen protectors, I would say without a doubt it's worth it at this price point. It's definitely a few steps above most other toy cases being sold in the market. The noot case, being a hidden gem sold at a highly competitive price, is the exception. Though i'd say the Air Jacket is still of noticeably higher quality and with it's rigid shell, I feel it offers better drop protection than the noot. I can't think of any other cases that fit certain criteria while coming close to the quality and aesthetics of the Air Jacket.

So bottom line? Power Support should sell the case separately from the screen protectors. I think they're hurting themselves by not doing so.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

I have not seen the new Air Jacket, but I have seen plenty of previous ones. Nice but nothing amazing. Certainly not on par with their screen protectors which are best in class.

If you haven't seen/tried the Noot case, I think you would be VERY surprised by its quality. It's rather shockingly good.

floss

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2009
I'd also recommend using a glass screen protector like the BodyGuardz Pure to arrive full circle in terms of whole body protection while maintaining the quality and feel of the original glass screen. It's fully compatible with the case as shown in my pictures. I'll never go back to using a plastic screen protector again. It's a perfect combination in my opinion, the entire phone just feels heavenly in the hand.

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I have not seen the new Air Jacket, but I have seen plenty of previous ones. Nice but nothing amazing. Certainly not on par with their screen protectors which are best in class.

If you haven't seen/tried the Noot case, I think you would be VERY surprised by its quality. It's rather shockingly good.

I own a plethora of iPhone 5 cases.

lspF+

wgbw+

The Power Support cases are the only ones that have constantly put form and function over a quick buck. Incase has a similar form, as far as production goes, but they leave too many things open for it to be a worthwhile case. Power Support uses a stronger plastic than Switcheasy, made the buttons perfectly accessible and made the entire device housed by it.

volatile

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Does anyone know a cheaper PS Air Jacket alternative that also covers the top and bottom of your phone? I have no problems paying $40 for a high quality case, but not if it is going to get scratched as easily as the $5 cases out there.

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Does anyone know a cheaper PS Air Jacket alternative that also covers the top and bottom of your phone? I have no problems paying $40 for a high quality case, but not if it is going to get scratched as easily as the $5 cases out there.

The NUDE covers most of the phone except the bottom, but comes with a little push into thing to cover it when it's not being charged.

tom619

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
I'd also recommend using a glass screen protector like the BodyGuardz Pure to arrive full circle in terms of whole body protection while maintaining the quality and feel of the original glass screen. It's fully compatible with the case as shown in my pictures. I'll never go back to using a plastic screen protector again. It's a perfect combination in my opinion, the entire phone just feels heavenly in the hand.

Can you post a pic of this?

I don't really want to spend £50 on the case and then fork out more for another screen protector if the ones that are included aren't very good.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England

sbojevets

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2009
The Arctic
have anyone dropped their iphone 5 encased in the air jacket yet? i'm curious to know how fragile is this case. i am not expecting otterbox or lifeproof level of protection but just wondering how the air jacket thin case react to the ground. i have seen enough $5 china made thin cases get smashed into pieces. it offers zero protection no different from wrapping it in paper. i'm not expecting otterbox protection but just a decent level enough to handle the concrete without expelling the iphone out of the case.

tom619

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
Are the owners of this case certain that you can't squeeze your iphone in if it has clear side wraps so as to protect the band in the case of any dust etc finding its way in?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.