Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
Hi Everyone,

After doing a little research I failed to find the answer to this question, so I thought I would post it here:

I am now using two hard drives, as my iMac internal drive was running out of space. My question is: is it possible to have both hard drives (internal and external) back up automatically using Time Machine, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Hi Everyone,

After doing a little research I failed to find the answer to this question, so I thought I would post it here:

I am now using two hard drives, as my iMac internal drive was running out of space. My question is: is it possible to have both hard drives (internal and external) back up automatically using Time Machine, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yeah - just remove the external from the list of exclusions within Time Machine settings and it will be backed up along with your internal drive

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
Yeah - just remove the external from the list of exclusions within Time Machine settings and it will be backed up along with your internal drive

Ah, I see. In other words, I don't have to do anything at all.

Thank you for your response.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
You may have to remove the removable drive from the list of exclusions - I've noticed Time Machine seems to add them automatically

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.