Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Yesterday, we noted that U.S. customers were beginning to report that their pre-orders of the cellular-capable fourth-generation iPad models were beginning to ship, with many seeing delivery dates of this Friday, November 16.

ipad_mini_lte_nov15.jpg
FedEx tracking showing iPad mini delivery for November 15
Beginning just a few hours ago, customers who pre-ordered cellular-capable iPad mini models also began seeing shipping notices. Customers seem to be reporting a range of delivery dates for this initial batch of devices, with the earliest ones set for this Thursday, November 15 but others not arriving until Friday or even the following Monday.

As we noted in our earlier reports, AT&T is also expected to begin offering LTE models of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad in its retail stores on Friday, with the carrier offering a $100 discount on any tablet for those who sign up for a two-year data plan agreement, including its $10/month Mobile Share tablet add-on package.

Article Link: Cellular-Capable iPad Mini Pre-Orders Arriving in U.S. as Early as Thursday, November 15

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Finally!

(not that I actually bought one, i'm referring to the first post) >_>

Last edited:

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
$10/month Mobile Share tablet add-on package?

So they make you pay to be able to share data with your cellphone, which you're already paying for? Am I reading that correctly? :confused:

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
I didn't call and aggravate Apple for a quicker delivery date, but I just got my "One of your items has shipped" email from Apple.

My delivery date has bounced around. I ordered a couple of minutes into the pre-sale, a white 16 on Verizon. The website has told me to expect delivery on Nov 23, mid-November, and now November 16.

My tracking number from FedEx says it will actually deliver on 11/15. "Mid-November" indeed.

Edit to add: Now FedEx tracking site reports delivery on 11/16. Seems like a lot of people are seeing the same change.

Last edited:

smccauley1011

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Virginia
delivery date change

Mine was set to deliver on thursday the 15th, but i recently checked it and it says friday the 16th now. So Apple might be making Fedex and UPS hold them until the 16th.

vaniteux

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2011
Yay! Just got shipping confirmation for 64G Black (WiFi + Cellular) and the FedEx page states an estimated delivery of 11/15 by 10:30am. Gonna trade in my iPad 3 at Amazon, I think I can live without the Retina screen for a year or so.:D

nsayer

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Silicon Valley
I ordered a Verizon mini in early November and just got the confirmation that it will arrive on Friday. That means that my wife will have it for her trip, which is very nice.

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
The one I ordered last week also shipped with the rest. Will arrive this Friday - FedEx is probably off on the date - least it was with the iPhone 5 for me.

64GB Verizon Black

nsayer

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Silicon Valley
So they make you pay to be able to share data with your cellphone, which you're already paying for? Am I reading that correctly? :confused:

Yes, though I can't imagine why that's confusing. I've done the tethering thing, and it's worth $10 for the slight performance edge you get being able to use LTE directly, plus the convenience of not having to go in and turn the tethering on every time, plus the ability to use the two devices when they're not in physical proximity to each other.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Yes, though I can't imagine why that's confusing. I've done the tethering thing, and it's worth $10 for the slight performance edge you get being able to use LTE directly, plus the convenience of not having to go in and turn the tethering on every time, plus the ability to use the two devices when they're not in physical proximity to each other.

Given that the cell providers don't offer any additional data allotment with a tethering plan, I don't see why one should have to pay anything extra for tethering - period.

----------

... I think I can live without the Retina screen for a year or so.

If having a Retina display means extra weight and thickness (as is the case with the full-size iPad) - I'd just as soon have a decent, non-Retina display on the Mini.

In my mind the Mini is all about portability.

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
Given that the cell providers don't offer any additional data allotment with a tethering plan, I don't see why one should have to pay anything extra for tethering - period.

Who said you have to pay extra for tethering. Its pay extra for an extra device with a dedicated connection. If you want to tether, then don't buy the extra service.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
just like my ipad4 cellular .. delivery date is 19th :( how is everyone getting 15th as a date .. i ordered as soon as it went live .. 16gb att black

s2obed

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
My iPad mini was set to arrive on the 15th but FedEx now says Nov. 16. I'm guessing Apple told them to hold off until then.

Btw, I ordered mine about 45 minutes into the pre-order.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Who said you have to pay extra for tethering. Its pay extra for an extra device with a dedicated connection. If you want to tether, then don't buy the extra service.

Verizon and AT&T include a per-device monthly fee if you want to use more than one device on a given data plan.

T-Mobile charges a monthly fee for tethering. This is cheaper than the per-device options if you have several devices, but it's still an extra fee for purchasing the same amount of data.

Guy Mancuso

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Went to the At&t store yesterday put my name in for one ( 16gb black) that comes in. Im the only one on the list. LOL

I'm hoping for Friday. Now i have bought a **** load from this store so the manager put me on his list for the first one to arrive. Believe me I deserve the attention. LOL

I do get a 100 dollars off and I will just add it to my share plan. Ipad 2 on e-bay right now

GorgonPhone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2010
sooo many folks will be getting a new old retina less ipad2 in shrunken and called "Ipad mini" form from santa clause this christmas :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
sooo many folks will be getting a new old retina less ipad2 in shrunken and called "Ipad mini" form from santa clause this christmas :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yup... and they won't care or even know the difference... they will just love their new toy. :)

I remember last year at Kohls around Christmas a woman buying a $60 no-name tablet refer to it as an iPad and how much her niece wanted an iPad and how excited she would be over that one.... it was almost heart breaking. :D

jmthigpen

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Charleston, SC
Delivery date on my 16gb white lte mini just changed from the 15th to 16th, appears that when the iPads leave the shipment facility the ship date is corrected to the 16th.

Last edited:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Mine was set to deliver on thursday the 15th, but i recently checked it and it says friday the 16th now. So Apple might be making Fedex and UPS hold them until the 16th.

Me, too. My order said 11/15 before 10:30 earlier today and now ways 11/16 before 10:30. Either way, it is coming this week.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
I received shipment confirmed an hour ago from Apple that
my iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Verizon 64GB - White & Silver
has shipped, to be delivered on 15th going UPS Worldwide Express, had next day.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 6.47.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 6.47.23 PM.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.