Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
obviously i don't want to run it like an android bc you get sheety battery life. Not everyone needs 20 widgets and to run their iPhone like an android. Obviously Apple is doing something right if they get great battery life. That's the problem with windows and android...nothing is policed....anyone can do anything and can load the same OS on different hardware.

even when you don't have live wallpaper/widgets and a big screen....android battery life STILL sucks.

A few posts earlier, you were claiming that the iPhone 4S's battery life isn't that good, but now it seems like you are saying iPhone's never have battery problems. Double standards much?

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
A few posts earlier, you were claiming that the iPhone 4S's battery life isn't that good, but now it seems like you are saying iPhone's never have battery problems. Double standards much?

where did i say the 4s had great battery life? apple is known for good battery...so when the 4s came out and it got android type battery life everyone complained.

----------

I want this launch to go smoothly as much as anyone else, but I don't get this whole "Google can't get a launch right, forget the Nexus 4!!" thing that I'm reading from a few people.

It's a phone you will use every single day presumably for the next year or so or more. Even if the launch does go haywire, why deny yourself something you want because you'll get it a little bit later?

iPhones constantly see launch issue of a differnt but similar nature; they sell out very quickly and people are backed up for weeks, even months. But if it's what they want, they'll wait.

Don't see why you can't afford Google the same patience if you truly want the device.

Again, I want the launch to go smoothly, but some of the reactions here are a little puzzling to me. Almost immature.

"Yet another confusing launch by Google. Same with the Nexus S, same with the Galaxy Nexus. They have never gotten a Nexus smartphone launch right. Never."

hmmmmm

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I want this launch to go smoothly as much as anyone else, but I don't get this whole "Google can't get a launch right, forget the Nexus 4!!" thing that I'm reading from a few people.

It's a phone you will use every single day presumably for the next year or so or more. Even if the launch does go haywire, why deny yourself something you want because you'll get it a little bit later?

iPhones constantly see launch issue of a differnt but similar nature; they sell out very quickly and people are backed up for weeks, even months. But if it's what they want, they'll wait.
From what I am seeing it is very different from an iPhone launch. Sure iPhones usually sellout quickly. But not INSTANTLY. I have always gotten an iPhone on launch day simply by preordering or showing up for one. Even if you are late in ordering you can still order, only the shipping time gets extended.

But with this launch, at least so far, I am seeing it sold out immediately--as if there was hardly any stock. Of course people will be disappointed. It's understandable. And what they say or write now in "the moment" doesn't mean they really will go through with a lifetime boycott of Android. :D

Michael

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
where did i say the 4s had great battery life? apple is known for good battery...so when the 4s came out and it got android type battery life everyone complained.

----------

"Yet another confusing launch by Google. Same with the Nexus S, same with the Galaxy Nexus. They have never gotten a Nexus smartphone launch right. Never."

hmmmmm

According to AnandTech, the iPhone 4S's battery life is similar (in many cases better) to the iPhone 4. So are you saying the iPhone 4 battery life sucked too.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011

hmmmmm

Not sure I get your point? It is a confusing launch. But I don't think that's a deal breaker. People are saying they're not going to get the Nexus 4 now, and I think that's an overreaction.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Not sure I get your point? It is a confusing launch. But I don't think that's a deal breaker. People are saying they're not going to get the Nexus 4 now, and I think that's an overreaction.

bc you are lecturing people on how they should react....yet you are whining about it yourself.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
just ordered and got confirmation.

edit: it did not give me a shipping option....just says 2 day shipping

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
bc you are lecturing people on how they should react....yet you are whining about it yourself.

Reread my post. I'm not lecturing people how they should act. How would I ever possibly hope to successfully convince people how to act? That's ludacruos. I'm simply saying I don't understand the overreaction when this is a device that you'll presumably use every single day. I assume those that were trying to purchase want it, and if they want it, it's odd they'd deny themselves the pleasure of having it because of initial delays.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I got one as well, and also did not get a shipping option.

It's possible there is one, but I was in full survival mode, just trying to complete the transaction. ;)

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I wonder if I am in a boat alone. I ordered an 8gb. I currently have a 16gb iphone and still have 10.6 free of the 13 they actually give you.

just got the confimation email stating it will be delivered w/i 3-5 days....but i'm thinking probably thursday.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Reread my post. I'm not lecturing people how they should act. How would I ever possibly hope to successfully convince people how to act? That's ludacruos. I'm simply saying I don't understand the overreaction when this is a device that you'll presumably use every single day. I assume those that were trying to purchase want it, and if they want it, it's odd they'd deny themselves the pleasure of having it because of delays.

people react differently. you whined, so what's the difference?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Wow, the 16GB sold out quickly... just like everywhere else. 8GB still available as of now.

Edit: and... more 16GB ones. I swear I refreshed often and saw no 16GB, but they're back. Good news!

Last edited:

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
For anyone interested, the 8GB version can now be ordered in Canada. Still waiting for the 16GB version to be available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.