Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rad-o

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
After i updated to ios 6 , my fourth gen is very slow and most of the time crashes . So is there a way to downgrade to 5.1 ?

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
After i updated to ios 6 , my fourth gen is very slow and most of the time crashes . So is there a way to downgrade to 5.1 ?

There are tutorials online on how to go about doing this via Google or Youtube. Not sure how safe it is. If it is possible, would recommend you read up thoroughly as I have heard people have encountered problems when downgrading.

Rad-o

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
There are tutorials online on how to go about doing this via Google or Youtube. Not sure how safe it is. If it is possible, would recommend you read up thoroughly as I have heard people have encountered problems when downgrading.

Hmmm , I dont want to make the problems bigger . Is there a safe way ?

But i will see on youtube and google , thanks for that

----------

After going through some tutorials i dont think i can do it as i dont have some files which are needed ..

Do you think that factory reset would fix these issues ?

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
After going through some tutorials i dont think i can do it as i dont have some files which are needed ..

Do you think that factory reset would fix these issues ?
Do restore it. That should help rule out how necessary you want to downgrade. Be sure to disable notifications and background apps you don't need too in order to free up RAM.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
u have to previously jailed it at 5.1 and keep some sort of os file to be able to go back. But you must try to avoid OTA it as apple will try to ask u to update.

Like that movie " Somewhere in time" i wish i could go back. :)

Jelliess

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
I have tried downgrading before but unsuccessful. I did factory restore, download the firmware of 5.0 and manually restore to this firmware, many errors came up in iTunes.

And i finally found out that i need SHSH blob. This lesson taught me to back up my SHSH before upgrading to newer firmware.

But anyway, next time, if you are unsure, read through forums, or surf on the internet first before upgrading. As downgrading is troublesome and it takes a risk of having to restore your device. :):)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.