Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:58 AM   #1
decafjava
macrumors 6502a

Letter to a future Republican strategist regarding white people

Found this very interesting blog article this morning written by someone who is clearly the so-called typical GOP demographic. A real eye opener.

http://www.ericgarland.co/2012/11/09...-white-people/

Quote:
Allow me to introduce myself to you, the existing (or aspiring!) strategist for the Republican Party. My name is Eric Arnold Garland and I am a White Man. Boy, am I ever you need sunglasses just to look at my photo!

If I read the news correctly, I fit a profile that is of extreme importance to the GOP, as I embody the archetype that fits your narrative of Real Americans.
He goes on to state all the reasons he would be the perfect Republican voter, small business, hard-working, hetero with two kids, Mayflower descent and all.

Then he goes to smash it, both he and his wife have a strong science educational background, they know the problems with the healthcare system (the US is 60% more expensive than Switzerland!!!) , trash Republican hypocrisy on the "sanctity" of marriage etc.

Wow the GOP is in more trouble than I thought, assuming many folks think like this guy.
decafjava is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Anuba
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafjava View Post
Then he goes to smash it, both he and his wife have a strong science educational background, they know the problems with the healthcare system (the US is 60% more expensive than Switzerland!!!)
Yeah, you spend >50% more on healthcare than other first world countries and >100% more on pharmaceuticals. Why? Because you've got the worst of both worlds, big government and big business, and instead of having a government that stands up to business you have one that kisses up to it. The country is run by lobbyists, not politicians.

Your businesses act like the facehuggers in Alien, they attach themselves to the host and once that happens it's too late, you can't remove them because they have a stranglehold on the host. They fabricate a need, like drug pushers (first one's free!) and then you're stuck. Remember back when all the antivirus companies went crazy and called out Microsoft (in some cases using full page ads) for not wanting to provide them with the full source code to Vista? Now, the reason why the antivirus software market became so lucrative in the first place is that Microsoft got naive and sloppy with Win98. Enter the facehuggers. Then when MS attacked the core of the problem and built more solid systems (=they repaired damage that existed by accident), the parasites tightened the stranglehold because a fortified Windows with top secret code at the core would eliminate much of the demand for AV software (plus, MS released their own basic AV package).

It's the same with the health industry, the military industry, the car industry, the oil industry... they've convinced Americans (and their easily seduced government) to consume excessively and built up a demand for stuff they don't need. Gargantuan gas guzzling with enough horsepower to pull a tank... (auto & oil industries: High five!)... truckloads of pills (that seemingly don't do any good since most first world citizens consume half and still outlive Americans)... supersized sodas and supersized meals with enough calories for two NY marathons... and if any attempt was made to pop the bubble and radically reduce the excess spending on stuff like defense and healthcare, it would have a massively negative impact on the GDP. Can't do that. All hail the mighty face hugger.

Unfortunately the EU is headed down that path... big federal governments suck.

Last edited by Anuba; Nov 13, 2012 at 07:45 AM.
Anuba is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Ugg
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Ugg
I think a lot of younger people do think like this guy. Science is real, religion is for Sundays and gays aren't going a way so what's the fuss. People want jobs, not whackjobs in office.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:17 AM   #4
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
Judging by his words, this man has a sense of humor and at least half a brain, therefore he can't ever be a republican.
likemyorbs is offline   4 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues