Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:54 AM   #976
cynics
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
Claim?

All stock 4.1.2
You and your freakin facts drive me nuts!!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:00 AM   #977
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
obviously i don't want to run it like an android bc you get sheety battery life. Not everyone needs 20 widgets and to run their iPhone like an android. Obviously Apple is doing something right if they get great battery life. That's the problem with windows and android...nothing is policed....anyone can do anything and can load the same OS on different hardware.

even when you don't have live wallpaper/widgets and a big screen....android battery life STILL sucks.
A few posts earlier, you were claiming that the iPhone 4S's battery life isn't that good, but now it seems like you are saying iPhone's never have battery problems. Double standards much?
dalbir4444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:08 AM   #978
rmhop81
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbir4444 View Post
A few posts earlier, you were claiming that the iPhone 4S's battery life isn't that good, but now it seems like you are saying iPhone's never have battery problems. Double standards much?
where did i say the 4s had great battery life? apple is known for good battery...so when the 4s came out and it got android type battery life everyone complained.

----------

Quote:
I want this launch to go smoothly as much as anyone else, but I don't get this whole "Google can't get a launch right, forget the Nexus 4!!" thing that I'm reading from a few people.

It's a phone you will use every single day presumably for the next year or so or more. Even if the launch does go haywire, why deny yourself something you want because you'll get it a little bit later?

iPhones constantly see launch issue of a differnt but similar nature; they sell out very quickly and people are backed up for weeks, even months. But if it's what they want, they'll wait.

Don't see why you can't afford Google the same patience if you truly want the device.

Again, I want the launch to go smoothly, but some of the reactions here are a little puzzling to me. Almost immature.
"Yet another confusing launch by Google. Same with the Nexus S, same with the Galaxy Nexus. They have never gotten a Nexus smartphone launch right. Never."

hmmmmm
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:11 AM   #979
jsw
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazUK View Post
MY on-contract NExus 4 has shipped from Carphone Warehouse.
Congrats to you and Oletros (and anyone else who snagged one). Post reviews when you can!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:24 AM   #980
ChazUK
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw View Post
Congrats to you and Oletros (and anyone else who snagged one). Post reviews when you can!
If I have it in my grubby mitts tomorrow I'll be sure to post. Time to obsess over tracking info. :-D
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:24 AM   #981
Tinmania
macrumors 68030

Quote:
I want this launch to go smoothly as much as anyone else, but I don't get this whole "Google can't get a launch right, forget the Nexus 4!!" thing that I'm reading from a few people.

It's a phone you will use every single day presumably for the next year or so or more. Even if the launch does go haywire, why deny yourself something you want because you'll get it a little bit later?

iPhones constantly see launch issue of a differnt but similar nature; they sell out very quickly and people are backed up for weeks, even months. But if it's what they want, they'll wait.
From what I am seeing it is very different from an iPhone launch. Sure iPhones usually sellout quickly. But not INSTANTLY. I have always gotten an iPhone on launch day simply by preordering or showing up for one. Even if you are late in ordering you can still order, only the shipping time gets extended.

But with this launch, at least so far, I am seeing it sold out immediately--as if there was hardly any stock. Of course people will be disappointed. It's understandable. And what they say or write now in "the moment" doesn't mean they really will go through with a lifetime boycott of Android.

Michael
Tinmania is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:26 AM   #982
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
where did i say the 4s had great battery life? apple is known for good battery...so when the 4s came out and it got android type battery life everyone complained.

----------

"Yet another confusing launch by Google. Same with the Nexus S, same with the Galaxy Nexus. They have never gotten a Nexus smartphone launch right. Never."

hmmmmm
According to AnandTech, the iPhone 4S's battery life is similar (in many cases better) to the iPhone 4. So are you saying the iPhone 4 battery life sucked too.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:26 AM   #983
mattopotamus
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazUK View Post
If I have it in my grubby mitts tomorrow I'll be sure to post. Time to obsess over tracking info. :-D
did it let you pick the shipping method? or is it just the default 3-5?
mattopotamus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:31 AM   #984
onthecouchagain
Banned

Quote:

hmmmmm
Not sure I get your point? It is a confusing launch. But I don't think that's a deal breaker. People are saying they're not going to get the Nexus 4 now, and I think that's an overreaction.
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:33 AM   #985
rmhop81
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Not sure I get your point? It is a confusing launch. But I don't think that's a deal breaker. People are saying they're not going to get the Nexus 4 now, and I think that's an overreaction.
bc you are lecturing people on how they should react....yet you are whining about it yourself.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:34 AM   #986
jsw
Moderator emeritus

They're live in the us!!!

Buy!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:34 AM   #987
mattopotamus
macrumors 604

just ordered and got confirmation.

edit: it did not give me a shipping option....just says 2 day shipping
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:35 AM   #988
onthecouchagain
Banned

Quote:
bc you are lecturing people on how they should react....yet you are whining about it yourself.
Reread my post. I'm not lecturing people how they should act. How would I ever possibly hope to successfully convince people how to act? That's ludacruos. I'm simply saying I don't understand the overreaction when this is a device that you'll presumably use every single day. I assume those that were trying to purchase want it, and if they want it, it's odd they'd deny themselves the pleasure of having it because of initial delays.
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:37 AM   #989
steviewhy
macrumors regular

Just ordered 16GB in Canada. Go get 'em while they're hot folks.
steviewhy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:37 AM   #990
Oletros
In Time-Out

Hurry up! Open for sale in USA
Oletros is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:37 AM   #991
jsw
Moderator emeritus

I got one as well, and also did not get a shipping option.

It's possible there is one, but I was in full survival mode, just trying to complete the transaction.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:37 AM   #992
ChazUK
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattopotamus View Post
did it let you pick the shipping method? or is it just the default 3-5?
I ordered weeks ago when they accidentally listed it before the event. I left it at the default which must be 3-5 days but it is a collect at store order.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:41 AM   #993
mattopotamus
macrumors 604

I wonder if I am in a boat alone. I ordered an 8gb. I currently have a 16gb iphone and still have 10.6 free of the 13 they actually give you.

just got the confimation email stating it will be delivered w/i 3-5 days....but i'm thinking probably thursday.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:41 AM   #994
rmhop81
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Reread my post. I'm not lecturing people how they should act. How would I ever possibly hope to successfully convince people how to act? That's ludacruos. I'm simply saying I don't understand the overreaction when this is a device that you'll presumably use every single day. I assume those that were trying to purchase want it, and if they want it, it's odd they'd deny themselves the pleasure of having it because of delays.
people react differently. you whined, so what's the difference?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:42 AM   #995
jsw
Moderator emeritus

Wow, the 16GB sold out quickly... just like everywhere else. 8GB still available as of now.

Edit: and... more 16GB ones. I swear I refreshed often and saw no 16GB, but they're back. Good news!

Last edited by jsw; Nov 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM.
jsw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:42 AM   #996
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Are you liking you own posts?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:43 AM   #997
rmhop81
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbir4444 View Post
Are you liking you own posts?
?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:45 AM   #998
THE JUICEMAN
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Wow, the 16GB sold out quickly... just like everywhere else. 8GB still available as of now.
Says in stock for me
THE JUICEMAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:45 AM   #999
michaeljohn
Banned

Quote:
The 16GB is still in stock, so is the 8
michaeljohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:45 AM   #1000
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

For anyone interested, the 8GB version can now be ordered in Canada. Still waiting for the 16GB version to be available.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices