Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:54 AM   #976
cynics
macrumors 604
 
cynics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
Claim?

Image

Image

All stock 4.1.2
You and your freakin facts drive me nuts!!
__________________
27" iMac (late 2013), iPad 3, iPhone 4S, Apple TV (3rd Gen), Airport Extreme (6th Gen), assorted Android and Windows devices
cynics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:00 AM   #977
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
obviously i don't want to run it like an android bc you get sheety battery life. Not everyone needs 20 widgets and to run their iPhone like an android. Obviously Apple is doing something right if they get great battery life. That's the problem with windows and android...nothing is policed....anyone can do anything and can load the same OS on different hardware.

even when you don't have live wallpaper/widgets and a big screen....android battery life STILL sucks.
A few posts earlier, you were claiming that the iPhone 4S's battery life isn't that good, but now it seems like you are saying iPhone's never have battery problems. Double standards much?
dalbir4444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:08 AM   #978
rmhop81
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbir4444 View Post
A few posts earlier, you were claiming that the iPhone 4S's battery life isn't that good, but now it seems like you are saying iPhone's never have battery problems. Double standards much?
where did i say the 4s had great battery life? apple is known for good battery...so when the 4s came out and it got android type battery life everyone complained.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
I want this launch to go smoothly as much as anyone else, but I don't get this whole "Google can't get a launch right, forget the Nexus 4!!" thing that I'm reading from a few people.

It's a phone you will use every single day presumably for the next year or so or more. Even if the launch does go haywire, why deny yourself something you want because you'll get it a little bit later?

iPhones constantly see launch issue of a differnt but similar nature; they sell out very quickly and people are backed up for weeks, even months. But if it's what they want, they'll wait.

Don't see why you can't afford Google the same patience if you truly want the device.

Again, I want the launch to go smoothly, but some of the reactions here are a little puzzling to me. Almost immature.
"Yet another confusing launch by Google. Same with the Nexus S, same with the Galaxy Nexus. They have never gotten a Nexus smartphone launch right. Never."

hmmmmm
__________________
MacBook Air|13.3"|128GB • iPad Mini 2|32GB|LTE • iPhone 6 Plus|64GB|LTE • Apple TV • Time Capsule
rmhop81 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:11 AM   #979
jsw
Moderator emeritus
 
jsw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Andover, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazUK View Post
MY on-contract NExus 4 has shipped from Carphone Warehouse.
Congrats to you and Oletros (and anyone else who snagged one). Post reviews when you can!
__________________
You'll be the one moaning for me to give you some. - THC(taken out of context)
jsw is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:24 AM   #980
ChazUK
macrumors 603
 
ChazUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Essex (UK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw View Post
Congrats to you and Oletros (and anyone else who snagged one). Post reviews when you can!
If I have it in my grubby mitts tomorrow I'll be sure to post. Time to obsess over tracking info. :-D
__________________
Windows 8 Desktop | iPhone 4s | iPad 2 | Nexus 6
ChazUK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:24 AM   #981
Tinmania
macrumors 68030
 
Tinmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aridzona
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
I want this launch to go smoothly as much as anyone else, but I don't get this whole "Google can't get a launch right, forget the Nexus 4!!" thing that I'm reading from a few people.

It's a phone you will use every single day presumably for the next year or so or more. Even if the launch does go haywire, why deny yourself something you want because you'll get it a little bit later?

iPhones constantly see launch issue of a differnt but similar nature; they sell out very quickly and people are backed up for weeks, even months. But if it's what they want, they'll wait.
From what I am seeing it is very different from an iPhone launch. Sure iPhones usually sellout quickly. But not INSTANTLY. I have always gotten an iPhone on launch day simply by preordering or showing up for one. Even if you are late in ordering you can still order, only the shipping time gets extended.

But with this launch, at least so far, I am seeing it sold out immediately--as if there was hardly any stock. Of course people will be disappointed. It's understandable. And what they say or write now in "the moment" doesn't mean they really will go through with a lifetime boycott of Android.




Michael
Tinmania is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:26 AM   #982
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
where did i say the 4s had great battery life? apple is known for good battery...so when the 4s came out and it got android type battery life everyone complained.

----------



"Yet another confusing launch by Google. Same with the Nexus S, same with the Galaxy Nexus. They have never gotten a Nexus smartphone launch right. Never."

hmmmmm
According to AnandTech, the iPhone 4S's battery life is similar (in many cases better) to the iPhone 4. So are you saying the iPhone 4 battery life sucked too.
dalbir4444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:26 AM   #983
mattopotamus
macrumors 604
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazUK View Post
If I have it in my grubby mitts tomorrow I'll be sure to post. Time to obsess over tracking info. :-D
did it let you pick the shipping method? or is it just the default 3-5?
mattopotamus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:31 AM   #984
onthecouchagain
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
"Yet another confusing launch by Google. Same with the Nexus S, same with the Galaxy Nexus. They have never gotten a Nexus smartphone launch right. Never."

hmmmmm
Not sure I get your point? It is a confusing launch. But I don't think that's a deal breaker. People are saying they're not going to get the Nexus 4 now, and I think that's an overreaction.
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:33 AM   #985
rmhop81
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
Not sure I get your point? It is a confusing launch. But I don't think that's a deal breaker. People are saying they're not going to get the Nexus 4 now, and I think that's an overreaction.
bc you are lecturing people on how they should react....yet you are whining about it yourself.
__________________
MacBook Air|13.3"|128GB • iPad Mini 2|32GB|LTE • iPhone 6 Plus|64GB|LTE • Apple TV • Time Capsule
rmhop81 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:34 AM   #986
jsw
Moderator emeritus
 
jsw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Andover, MA
They're live in the us!!!

Buy!
__________________
You'll be the one moaning for me to give you some. - THC(taken out of context)
jsw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:34 AM   #987
mattopotamus
macrumors 604
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
just ordered and got confirmation.

edit: it did not give me a shipping option....just says 2 day shipping
mattopotamus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:35 AM   #988
onthecouchagain
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
bc you are lecturing people on how they should react....yet you are whining about it yourself.
Reread my post. I'm not lecturing people how they should act. How would I ever possibly hope to successfully convince people how to act? That's ludacruos. I'm simply saying I don't understand the overreaction when this is a device that you'll presumably use every single day. I assume those that were trying to purchase want it, and if they want it, it's odd they'd deny themselves the pleasure of having it because of initial delays.
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:37 AM   #989
steviewhy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Just ordered 16GB in Canada. Go get 'em while they're hot folks.
steviewhy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:37 AM   #990
Oletros
In Time-Out
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Premiΰ de Mar
Hurry up! Open for sale in USA
Oletros is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:37 AM   #991
jsw
Moderator emeritus
 
jsw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Andover, MA
I got one as well, and also did not get a shipping option.

It's possible there is one, but I was in full survival mode, just trying to complete the transaction.
__________________
You'll be the one moaning for me to give you some. - THC(taken out of context)
jsw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:37 AM   #992
ChazUK
macrumors 603
 
ChazUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Essex (UK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattopotamus View Post
did it let you pick the shipping method? or is it just the default 3-5?
I ordered weeks ago when they accidentally listed it before the event. I left it at the default which must be 3-5 days but it is a collect at store order.
__________________
Windows 8 Desktop | iPhone 4s | iPad 2 | Nexus 6
ChazUK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:41 AM   #993
mattopotamus
macrumors 604
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
I wonder if I am in a boat alone. I ordered an 8gb. I currently have a 16gb iphone and still have 10.6 free of the 13 they actually give you.

just got the confimation email stating it will be delivered w/i 3-5 days....but i'm thinking probably thursday.
mattopotamus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:41 AM   #994
rmhop81
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
Reread my post. I'm not lecturing people how they should act. How would I ever possibly hope to successfully convince people how to act? That's ludacruos. I'm simply saying I don't understand the overreaction when this is a device that you'll presumably use every single day. I assume those that were trying to purchase want it, and if they want it, it's odd they'd deny themselves the pleasure of having it because of delays.
people react differently. you whined, so what's the difference?
__________________
MacBook Air|13.3"|128GB • iPad Mini 2|32GB|LTE • iPhone 6 Plus|64GB|LTE • Apple TV • Time Capsule
rmhop81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:42 AM   #995
jsw
Moderator emeritus
 
jsw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Andover, MA
Wow, the 16GB sold out quickly... just like everywhere else. 8GB still available as of now.

Edit: and... more 16GB ones. I swear I refreshed often and saw no 16GB, but they're back. Good news!
__________________
You'll be the one moaning for me to give you some. - THC(taken out of context)

Last edited by jsw; Nov 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM.
jsw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:42 AM   #996
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
bc you are lecturing people on how they should react....yet you are whining about it yourself.
Are you liking you own posts?
dalbir4444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:43 AM   #997
rmhop81
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbir4444 View Post
Are you liking you own posts?
?
__________________
MacBook Air|13.3"|128GB • iPad Mini 2|32GB|LTE • iPhone 6 Plus|64GB|LTE • Apple TV • Time Capsule
rmhop81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:45 AM   #998
THE JUICEMAN
macrumors 65816
 
THE JUICEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw View Post
Wow, the 16GB sold out quickly... just like everywhere else. 8GB still available as of now.
Says in stock for me
THE JUICEMAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:45 AM   #999
michaeljohn
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw View Post
Wow, the 16GB sold out quickly... just like everywhere else. 8GB still available as of now.
The 16GB is still in stock, so is the 8
michaeljohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:45 AM   #1000
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
For anyone interested, the 8GB version can now be ordered in Canada. Still waiting for the 16GB version to be available.
dalbir4444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you think the iPhone 6's contract price will raise to $299 TantalizedMind iPhone 20 May 7, 2014 03:05 PM
iphone 6 to be $299 on contract? SestoElemento iPhone 1 Apr 14, 2014 11:03 AM
Moto X, LG G2, Note 3 ONLY $199/$299 off contract on Amazon nfl46 Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 53 Nov 8, 2013 09:42 PM
tablets: New Nexus 7 (Merged) Truefan31 Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 814 Nov 6, 2013 08:40 AM
Google Announces $199 Nexus 7 Tablet, $299 Nexus Q Media Streamer MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 553 Oct 23, 2012 11:13 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC