Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Closed Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:33 AM   #26
AhmedFaisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins321 View Post
Puerto Rico voted to join. Maybe we can hold a national referendum to vote somebody out so PR can slip in. Republicans might be thrilled we won't have to remake the flag in that case :-). Personally I vote Mississippi.
Sorry buddy, but based on the other thread on election related racism Alabamistan gets the nod.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:41 AM   #27
kavika411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedFaisal View Post
Sorry buddy, but based on the other thread on election related racism Alabamistan gets the nod.
How is the view from up there?

Just curious.
kavika411 is offline   1
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:00 AM   #28
zioxide
macrumors 603

It's going to be comedic gold when Texas goes blue in the 2020 Presidential election.
zioxide is offline   2
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:51 AM   #29
AhmedFaisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavika411 View Post
How is the view from up there?

Just curious.
I think Karl Pilkington made a good point about living in the palace and having to look at the **** that surrounds it. What makes up for it is the fact that at the distant horizon I can see the dawn of a better era coming in which all this conservative bigotry will become more and more marginalized during future elections. As a wise man once said, night is always darkest before the dawn.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:52 AM   #30
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPanda View Post
The petition isn't really "official". Anybody with an email address can make a petition at that site and anybody that knows how to create an email account can sign it. You don't need to be of legal decision making age or a person from Texas or a unique individual to sign or resign the petition. It's just an attention cry and would likely have happened no matter who won the Presidency.

There is also a group called the Republic of Texas with about 40,000 active members who doesn't even believe Texas is legally part of the United States. That has nothing to do with the Presidency.

Nothing is going to happen because of this petition.
True, but I wish the people that create these petitions would move and just leave if they are so unhappy. Why stay in a place that you continually wish was another country?
MadeTheSwitch is offline   0
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:57 AM   #31
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeTheSwitch View Post
True, but I wish the people that create these petitions would move and just leave if they are so unhappy. Why stay in a place that you continually wish was another country?
Where are they going to move to? Somalia?

The rest of the western world rejected their archaic beliefs years ago.
zioxide is offline   0
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:58 AM   #32
kavika411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedFaisal View Post
I think Karl Pilkington made a good point about living in the palace and having to look at the **** that surrounds it. What makes up for it is the fact that at the distant horizon I can see the dawn of a better era coming in which all this conservative bigotry will become more and more marginalized during future elections. As a wise man once said, night is always darkest before the dawn.
That's neat.

What's this thread about again?
kavika411 is offline   0
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:01 AM   #33
leenak
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeTheSwitch View Post
But where would they go? The only places that fit the republican 'ideal' are 3rd world countries white is a minority.
leenak is offline   0
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:06 AM   #34
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavika411 View Post

What's this thread about again?
Texan stupidity.
likemyorbs is offline   0
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:18 AM   #35
eric/

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenak View Post
Because of oil. No way we'd let them go.
I'm not asking about whether we would let them go or anything, I'm asking why they don't have a philosophical right to?
eric/ is offline   0
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:19 AM   #36
leenak
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric/ View Post
I'm not asking about whether we would let them go or anything, I'm asking why they don't have a philosophical right to?
I don't know, we had an entire civil war due to states trying to secede.
leenak is offline   0
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:23 AM   #37
balamw

MOD NOTE: Please take a break from this thread. We can see it beginning to fall off the rails and are discussing actions.

B

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues