Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Ill join though I don't care about the 21.5" :D but it makes it more probable that the rumor of mid November and early December for the 27" ;)

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Is there a reason you are picking Tuesday?

Is there any credible rumor that preorders will start that day?

I am waiting for the 27" myself.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
I read a few articles saying late November. I have a feeling that we'll see it available on 11/27. Let's hope they keep their November & December promises either way.

Imacmatches

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Australia
I've been praying for over 8 months, back when I made the decision to go mac. Just need it to happen now that my windows laptop has died :(

Planning on getting a 21", 2.9GHz i5, 16GB RAM and probably get the 256 ssd since I have an 8TB NAS for my storage.

Newbie question, when apple release a product on a specific day (say a Tuesday at 0900) is it released worldwide at that time (ie at that time progressively over a 24 hr period around the world) or does the world have to wait for it to tick over to that day in Applefornia?

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Planning on getting a 21", 2.9GHz i5, 16GB RAM and probably get the 256 ssd since I have an 8TB NAS for my storage.

21.5" won't come with an SSD option; either 1TB 5400rpm HDD or 1TB Fusion Drive.

Newbie question, when apple release a product on a specific day (say a Tuesday at 0900) is it released worldwide at that time (ie at that time progressively over a 24 hr period around the world) or does the world have to wait for it to tick over to that day in Applefornia?

Normally for preorders it's midnight anywhere. So whichever country gets midnight first (I think New Zealand gets there first - Some countries might not get preorders on the first day) they get to preorder first.

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006

All new DVDs, Blu Rays, and games launch on tuesdays to give them enough time to ship, deliver, and get displayed in the store for the following weekend. I think it's often the same with hardware releases (the Google Nexus 4 is launching tomorrow too) for similar reasons.

Imacmatches

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Australia
21.5" won't come with an SSD option; either 1TB 5400rpm HDD or 1TB Fusion Drive.

Disappointing about ssd. Guess I will be going fusion. Thought I read somewhere it would be an option but with so much idle time for people to speculate rumours are going overboard!

hideous cheese

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2012
You have LIED to me one time too many anonymous users on an internet rumour website.

Damn you all. Damn you all to hell!!!!

burjeffton

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
I'm starting to wonder if heads are rolling at Apple over the iMac ship gaffe. Unless you want a refurb, nobody has been able to get a machine for weeks now.

Is it a problem of yield or supply chain breakdown? Or did they want to capture the holiday dollars?

I'm surprised Apple would announce a product and make customers wait SO long for even a preorder.

Phx08

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2012
I'm starting to wonder if heads are rolling at Apple over the iMac ship gaffe. Unless you want a refurb, nobody has been able to get a machine for weeks now.

Is it a problem of yield or supply chain breakdown? Or did they want to capture the holiday dollars?

I'm surprised Apple would announce a product and make customers wait SO long for even a preorder.

Good point and I lean more towards a supply chain breakdown than anything else. From what I have seen you cannot get the old iMac any more and the market is becoming less saturated everyday.

MeFromHere

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2012
Good point and I lean more towards a supply chain breakdown than anything else. From what I have seen you cannot get the old iMac any more and the market is becoming less saturated everyday.

There are still 27" iMacs on the refurb store in the US. I haven't seen any 21.5" refurbs available for a while.

They might just be holding back the 21.5" models to avoid dealing with lots of returns. Very expensive to sell a lot of systems, then have people return them and get the 2012 model before Christmas.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund
"Extended Holiday Return Policy

Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between October 27, 2012 and December 25, 2012, may be returned through January 7, 2013."

Following this supposition a bit farther, it might indicate the the 2012 27" iMacs won't be available before Christmas. Or maybe Apple doesn't expect them to be popular Christmas presents due to the high prices.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
There are still 27" iMacs on the refurb store in the US. I haven't seen any 21.5" refurbs available for a while.

They might just be holding back the 21.5" models to avoid dealing with lots of returns. Very expensive to sell a lot of systems, then have people return them and get the 2012 model before Christmas.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between October 27, 2012 and December 25, 2012, may be returned through January 7, 2013."

Following this supposition a bit farther, it might indicate the the 2012 27" iMacs won't be available before Christmas. Or maybe Apple doesn't expect them to be popular Christmas presents due to the high prices.

I would not be surprised if you get them in january though you can order in december. But yet, who would buy a refurb 2011 if they know they are gonna buy the 2012 model?

vladfein

macrumors regular
May 28, 2012

Were there any iMacs sold since October 27?

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California

Apple is already 1/2 the way through their holiday quarter - no new iMacs shipping yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.