Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Closed Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:37 AM   #26
knightlie
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidorian View Post
Windows Media Center lady is in charge? Awesome.
Windows 8 lady is in charge? Oh my God...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:49 AM   #27
thejadedmonkey
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thejadedmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbloc View Post
Forstall may have deserved it for the maps fiasco. I feel Sinofsky has done a good job modernizing Windows. As with everything there is probably more to this than what meets the eye.
I read that he had nowhere to go. I'm just parroting someone else, but he wasn't qualified to be a CEO, and there isn't another managerial position above Windows lead. He can leave, gain some CEO experience, than come back and take Balmer's role.

Either way, it's pretty sad, he's basically the guy that saved Windows from Vista, and kept Office the cash-cow that it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightlie View Post
Windows 8 lady is in charge? Oh my God...
Either she'll have no opposition and can go 100% metro (which would solve a lot of issues people seem to have), or she's responsible for the problems with metro, in which case yes. God have mercy on us.
experience comes from bad judgment."
- Mulla Nasrudin
thejadedmonkey is offline   0
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:19 AM   #28
Sesshy
macrumors newbie

That's... interesting. I don't know why everybody hates Windows 8 so much. I thought I'd dislike it, but after using it for a single day I'm liking it a lot. All you need to navigate the whole OS exactly as fluently as you could ever navigate any other version of Windows are about ten keyboard shortcuts.
Sesshy is offline   0
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:21 AM   #29
barclay
macrumors newbie

i would leave also if i had to do a presentation with a tablet that is not ready for consumers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QRWa68MtLc
barclay is offline   1
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:52 PM   #30
balamw

MOD NOTE: Please take any further discussion to the front page thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1489063

B

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion