Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pingp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Hello, please help

Safari isn't letting me change the layout of my bookmarks in the bookmark bar.

I can manually move the icon-links around. But every 15 seconds or so, they reset to a default arrangement. If I happen to be holding down on one of the icon-links while it's trying to reset, it cancels what I'm doing, gives me the message below, and resets to the same arrangement.

image link: http://tinypic.com/r/6ekc21/5

The safari message reads:

You can't change bookmarks now.
You can't change your bookmarks right now because they are being synchronised. Wait a few minutes, and the try again.

I have restarted safari and os x.

I have reset safari, and cleared out everything.

I have no safari add-ons/extensions (except ad block).

I had x-marks for safari installed, with the plugin, that gave me no problems before. But just incase I uninstalled x-marks, and the plugin, and restarted/reset everything.

I am using iCloud with 10.7.3

----------

I have turned off bookmarks in iCould and its working fine now. iCloud bug i guess.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

dbonneville

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2009
Providence RI
Did you ever get this resolved? I get the same error and it makes Safari bookmarks totally useless. Every 15 seconds "you can't change bookmarks now...". In all of the internet, this phrase yields almost zero search results.

dbonneville

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2009
Providence RI
I have found that this problem 95% went away with the latest OS 10.8.2 and whatever patches, whatever the current release is. It also got fixed on iOS6 for the most part. I'd say it's 95% fixed, and I did nothing except stay updated on all my devices. So something changed somewhere and it works a lot better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.