Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Closed Thread

Old Jan 3, 2005, 05:15 PM   #1
pockyrevolution
macrumors member

.SWF to .MOV converter

.SWF to .MOV converter

Anyone know of a piece of software that will allow you to convert flash files into a movie file? (Without using a screen capture utility)

Thanks in advance!

Doesn't work list:
--------------------
-QuickTime Pro
-Toast Titanum
pockyrevolution is offline   0
Old Jan 3, 2005, 05:45 PM   #2
MrCommunistGen
macrumors regular

No idea...

Sorry, don't know how to help. Was going to suggest VideoLAN Client (VLC), because it reads just about anything (WMV,AVI,DIVX,etc), and can even output these files to formats like MPEG2 and MPEG4, but I just tried it and it won't read SWF files, or at least it won't read the one that I have which QT can't open either... It has a special application loader... hmm maybe you should give it a try, you can get vlc for mac, (or just about any other platform under the sun) here

-mcg
Folding. Good for the Mac, good for the PC, good for you and good for me. Fold for MR Team 3446!
MrCommunistGen is offline   0
Old Jan 3, 2005, 07:20 PM   #3
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockyrevolution
.SWF to .MOV converter

Anyone know of a piece of software that will allow you to convert flash files into a movie file? (Without using a screen capture utility)

Thanks in advance!

Doesn't work list:
--------------------
-QuickTime Pro
-Toast Titanum
One of Apple's bundled QuickTime codecs handles some Flash files. It would help if you linked to a specific file that you can't display.
MisterMe is offline   0
Old Jan 3, 2005, 08:14 PM   #4
cc bcc
macrumors 6502

Flash will let you export as Quicktime Video, or as a image sequence. Just look under export.
cc bcc is offline   0
Old Apr 15, 2009, 03:48 AM   #5
ravenvii
macrumors 604

Handbrake can convert movie files to a different format.

I know for a fact that it converts .flv movies. But I don't know about .swf movies.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 08:48 AM   #6
jackerin
macrumors 6502a

As it is Quicktime can open Flash files, under certain conditions:
1) You need to enable it in the QT pref-panel
2) It has to be an uncompressed swf; some SWFs use compression for smaller transfers, you can decompress them using a freeware command-line interface tool called Flasm.
3) It needs to be Flash version 5 or below.

All three of these have to be fulfilled.
jackerin is offline   0
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:23 PM   #7
scripto195
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockyrevolution View Post
.SWF to .MOV converter

Thanks in advance!

Doesn't work list:
--------------------
-QuickTime Pro
-Toast Titanum
Did you ever end up finding a solution that you liked? I am looking for the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.
scripto195 is offline   0
Old Oct 9, 2012, 05:59 AM   #8
te3iz
macrumors newbie

If anyone is still looking for an SWF to video converter (just like I was for the past 3 hours or so...), I've stumbled upon this one: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/

It costs $35, which is considerably less than the $100+ that Doremisoft is asking for its converter. I'd still prefer a freebie though, but there's little choice...

P.S. On the webpage, it only lists .SWF as an Output format, but I found that it reads and converts .SWF with no problem. I've already got some converting done.
te3iz is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store