Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:10 AM   #1
vladobizik
macrumors regular

iTunes Match: Your subscription could not be renewed

Today is the first anniversay of iTunes Match. I expeced my subscription to renew today, but instead I received an email saying it could not be renewed (see the attachment). That is strange since I'm positive I have enough money in my bank and just today I was billed for some previous iTunes purchases, so my payment method is in order. iTunes Match still seems to work for me and the tab under iTunes Account Information still says the subscription is active and is scheduled to renew on 14th November 2012. Strange, isn't it? Has anybody else received such a message?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 14.05.02.png
Views:	89
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	377218  
vladobizik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:45 AM   #2
Paradroid01
macrumors newbie

Exact same thing here and as you said, it's strange since I've been making app purchases without issue. I guess we'll find out in 90 days when our content does/does not appear. Hopefully sooner.
Paradroid01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:08 AM   #3
vladobizik
macrumors regular

They may have had some temporary problems with the renewals. However, I just got a message that my subscription has now been automatically renewed, along with a payment receipt. All is good and well now, it seems. Hope the same happens to you.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:14 AM   #4
kavika411
Banned

I received the same "couldn't be renewed" message. Assuming for a moment there is a payment problem or whatever, when will Apple "wipe out" my iTunes Match catalog? Not sure if I asked that question correctly, but hopefully one of you knows what I mean. Thank you.
kavika411 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:19 AM   #5
vladobizik
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavika411 View Post
I received the same "couldn't be renewed" message. Assuming for a moment there is a payment problem or whatever, when will Apple "wipe out" my iTunes Match catalog? Not sure if I asked that question correctly, but hopefully one of you knows what I mean. Thank you.
The email says they'll wipe your library out in 90 days. So even if there are prolonged problems with your billing on their side (or yours), you'll have three months to sort thngs out before having to start over.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:34 AM   #6
kavika411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladobizik View Post
The email says they'll wipe your library out in 90 days. So even if there are prolonged problems with your billing on their side (or yours), you'll have three months to sort thngs out before having to start over.
Thanks. I'm an idiot for not actually reading the whole email before asking my question.
kavika411 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:31 AM   #7
SonoViva
macrumors 6502

I got the same email. No problems with my bank account. I hope they'll sort this out soon!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:12 PM   #8
AppleFan360
macrumors 68000

I got the same "cannot renew" message. Payment is fine on my end. Definitely a problem.

Today I received another e-mail saying that my subscription has expired. I can still access all of my music however. In iTunes it shows that iTunes match is still working just like before. Really weird.
AppleFan360 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Paradroid01
macrumors newbie

Same here, Chris. And now, the iTunes Match option doesn't even show up in my account info. So at this point, I don't even know what options are available except to let the clock run out on the 90 days. There aren't any answers over on the Apple user boards either.
Paradroid01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:06 AM   #10
rjc74
macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem. I received the email saying iTunes Match could not be renewed but there are FOUR, yes 4 $24.99 authorizations on my credit card for the Aple iTunes Store. Then today, I get an email saying my subscription has expired. I have a thread going with Support, but they don't seem to understand my problem. I hope to get it resolved. Seems like a processing error on their end.

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with AppleCare. They spoke with the iTunes department and are allegedly aware of the problem. It seems that there are about 75-100 open cases with the exact same issue. And as of this morning there are now FIVE pending authorizations on my credit card. Ridiculous.

Last edited by rjc74; Nov 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
rjc74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:00 PM   #11
AppleFan360
macrumors 68000

What's really wierd is that my wife's iTunes Match renewed just fine and mine didn't and we are both using the same credit card on our apple accounts.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:25 PM   #12
AppleFan360
macrumors 68000

Just got the email. Mine renewed! I didn't call them or anything. Maybe they fixed the issue.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:47 PM   #13
bushido
macrumors 603

worked fine but i used paypal
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:26 AM   #14
batotman
macrumors 6502

Mine expired days ago, no auto renew, and is still working. Now that I've said that it will likely stop working tomorrow....lol.
batotman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:22 AM   #15
rjc74
macrumors newbie

UPDATE: I now have 7 $24.99 authorizations on my credit card without any resolution. No return phone call as was promised to me last week by an AppleCare rep and the iTunes Store email I had going with Support has also gone without any response for 4 days now. May be time to say goodbye to iTunes Match and find a better service.
rjc74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:45 PM   #16
batotman
macrumors 6502

I still haven't been charged and it's still working. Expired on 11/15. Uploaded new music last night. Not complaining, but it's certainly odd. Checked my card, no charges were made either.
batotman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services