Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatGuy007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
New York
I have the iPad 2, iPad 3, but the iPad Mini is the best out of them all.
The size of the iPad Mini is perfect. Not one cm less or more. I've had 5-6 tablets, this is the perfect size.
The display is fine, doesn't bother me one bit.
I love the smaller bezels as it has a better viewing experience and easier to hold.
It is super fast, I don't know if it's just me, but i haven't seen one piece of lag, it's smoother than my iPad 3rd Generation, and the smoothest ipad experience yet. (Probably the iPad 4th is faster but still). S
It's quality is spectacular, the anodized back (on black) looks sleek and professional, the power buttons, volume up/down, and the vibration switch is well made and better than the iPad's.
It's exteremely light, if you had an iPad, the first reaction when you pick it up will be like "Holy $#%@ that's light"
Camera is good and have amazing quality (both front and back), but I don't see why you'll use it since you'll look like an idiot (half an idiot if you had the ipad) except facetime.
The reason I am posting this is there hasn't really been any optimism of the iPad Mini and there should, and I love it.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
I love the smaller bezels as it has a better viewing experience and easier to hold.

I've never understood the "easier to hold" thing and I've seen several people say it. It's smaller. How does that make it easier to hold?

I love everything about the Mini, but I'd be happy with a slightly larger side bezel.

S

syd430

You haven't said what you use your mini for, but im guessing its not for viewing websites/reading text in portrait mode.

hkfan24

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I've never understood the "easier to hold" thing and I've seen several people say it. It's smaller. How does that make it easier to hold?

I love everything about the Mini, but I'd be happy with a slightly larger side bezel.

It's easier to hold for my son and my wife which is why I bought them each their own mini. My wife had an ipad 3 but we sold it as soon as the mini was announced. I wouldn't go as as far as saying that its A LOT easier to hold but the size and weight factor is definitely a plus in the hands. I would say that it's easier to conceal than the larger ipad. My son would sometimes drop my ipad 3 (I've now switched to the 4) and the mini is definitely easier to hold for him. My wife also has an easier time holding the ipad mini with one hand while reading something in portrait mode. Much easier than holding her ipad 3.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
Ignore the offensive people who are already descending upon this thread to rain on your parade, ignore them. I love when people are so excited about recent purchases, especially technology devices, it's great to see, no matter what your choice is.

I too went with the mini, and I can say it's one of the most exciting devices I've ever owned, by Apple or anyone else (and I must say my Kindle is a device that has held a special place with me since I first got it). I love the feel of the mini and the look of it, the screen, while not perfect (and I look forward to an upgraded screen at some point), doesn't bother me and actually the mere fact I am running all the applications I used to run on my gen 1 iPad (plus many more) the day it was launched is a HUGE bonus.

Glad you love your mini, it just keeps getting better, the more you use it, the more apps you discover for it, it's a wonderful device, no matter what the negative nellies around here say.

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI

The smaller bezel doesn't make it easier to hold, but the reduced size and weigh definitely do.

You haven't said what you use your mini for, but im guessing its not for viewing websites/reading text in portrait mode.

I read MacRumors on my mini every day. In portrait mode. It doesn't bother me a bit. I know some people complain about it, but I haven't had an issue.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I have the iPad 2, iPad 3, but the iPad Mini is the best out of them all.
The size of the iPad Mini is perfect. Not one cm less or more. I've had 5-6 tablets, this is the perfect size.
The display is fine, doesn't bother me one bit.
It is super fast, I don't know if it's just me, but i haven't seen one piece of lag, it's smoother than my iPad 3rd Generation, and the smoothest ipad experience yet. (Probably the iPad 4th is faster but still). S
It's quality is spectacular, the anodized back (on black) looks sleek and professional, the power buttons, volume up/down, and the vibration switch is well made and better than the iPad's.
It's exteremely light, if you had an iPad, the first reaction when you pick it up will be like "Holy $#%@ that's light"
Camera is good and have amazing quality (both front and back), but I don't see why you'll use it since you'll look like an idiot (half an idiot if you had the ipad) except facetime.
The reason I am posting this is there hasn't really been any optimism of the iPad Mini and there should, and I love it.

Very well said. I also love my iPad mini for pretty much all the same reasons and I have owned an iPad 1 and currently also have an iPad 3rd Gen.

MacinTosh.0

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012

I have zero problems viewing websites in portrait mode on my mini. Heck, I posted this reply using my mini as we speak. I also sent multiple emails on it this morning as well. No problems here whatsoever doing those tasks. Not quite sure what you're implying.

Moneymiike420

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Love my mini as well.. My 1st ipad and it really is much easier to hold,it's probably one of the best electronics gadgets ever created. Have an ipad2 in the house and this is much more of a pleasure to use and hold for no matter how long period of time...and the battery is phenomenal I
Still have 25% and I'm going on 4 +
Days without a single
Charge granted I haven't been able to play with it yet as much as I want but it's not going anywhere! Highly recommend the mini to anyone who's interested

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida

I am using my iPad mini for the same things I used my iPad 3rd generation for:
Viewing Websites via Safari in portrait and landscape modes
Reading Books via iBooks and Kindle app
Spreadsheets via Numbers
Word Processing via Pages
Create/Share presentations with KeyNote
Create/Share Photo Albums with iPhoto as well as edit enhance photos
Keep a daily diary with Day One
Task Management via OmniFocus, Reminders, and ToDo
Calendar
Contacts
Tracking Blood Pressure via BP Monitor Pro
Tracking over all health with TactioHealth
Tracking Diet via Lose It!
catching up on TV shows with ABC Player
angry Birds, Yahtzee, Scrabble, Bejeweled3 for fun
Baseball vis MLB apps
Facebook, Twitter, and a few others
Finances with PocketMoney
Passwords with SplashID
USA Today, Chicago Tribune and Orlando Sentinel
Then there is the work related apps.... My Disney Experience, Cast Publications, WDW Hours, Menus etc
Greeting Cards with Martha Stewart Craft Studio and the Apple Cards program
Texting with friends via iMessage
Maybe watch a movie or two
Listen to music
I can even unlock and start my car from the iPad mini using the OnStar app.

The iPad mini has been able to handle all of the above without any problems whatsoever.

Now YOU tell me why the iPad mini can't do any of the stuff listed.

Last edited:

MacinTosh.0

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
Spreadsheets via Numbers
Calendar
Contacts
Baseball vis MLB apps
Passwords with SplashID
Then there is the work related apps.... My Disney Experience, Cast Publications, WDW Hours, Menus etc
Listen to music

The iPad mini has been able to handle all of the above without any problems whatsoever.

BOOM! Roasted! Nice one Scott! ;)

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
Spreadsheets via Numbers
Create/Share presentations with KeyNote
Create/Share Photo Albums with iPhoto as well as edit enhance photos
Keep a daily diary with Day One
Calendar
Contacts
Baseball vis MLB apps
Passwords with SplashID
Listen to music

I dont think he was implying the mini couldnt do certain things. I believe he was implying you must not be using it for the reasons he listed because if so the screen would look terrible while doing so. I could be wrong though...

hkfan24

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I dont think he was implying the mini couldnt do certain things. I believe he was implying you must not be using it for the reasons he listed because if so the screen would look terrible while doing so. I could be wrong though...

Nope. The implication was there from the get go. Scott was spot on for responding the way he did and I applaud him for doing so. View Syd430 post history and you'll see why.

To the OP, glad you love your mini. We love the two we own as well and I know of at least a dozen people making the switch or buying one as well. The mini is here to stay and will only get better from here on out.

Last edited:
S

syd430

Correct

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
On my third day now. Not sure why I waited this long to stream mike's on wfan 660 sports radio. Guess I just flat out forgot because of doing everything else I like and I ain't nearly finished yet.

Love it? Not sure about that but it has gone to bed with me to read with. :)

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I love my mini also. It's become my main device for Internet, email, reading in general, iOS gaming, and even watching Television (Hulu+, mostly).

This is exactly the device I've been waiting for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.