Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strongs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi all!

Don't know if this is the right section to be posting this - I was just wondering if there are any unofficial apple forums (like this one) that have marketplaces to buy / sell / trade all things apple? :confused:

I'm in the United Kingdom and might consider a second hand Mac Mini or iMac.

strongs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
MOD NOTE: FWIW We have a Marketplace here, you just need more history with the site to access it. Marketplace Rules

B

Cool! never knew you had one here. I've been a member for a while now I don't post much as I have little knowledge (new mac user to be) and I have nothing really I need to post about until I get my mac of course...but thats what I need the market place for - catch 22 :(

----------

just been looking at the rules 250 post! bit excessive dont you think? I dont have THAT much to say.

strongs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
No, it's not. It's there to protect this site and its users from scammers, both on the buying and selling side.

Whilst I appreciate your opinion I'm in the market for a mac now it would take me a very long time to hit 250 posts some of us just don't have that much to say especially before even owning a mac most things I need to know have been covered before in old threads.

Looks like I'll have to use fEeBay instead :(

Lance-AR

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Pick a sub forum that you're interested in and read everything. Then you will have the latest info and can reply to all the new questions with answers.

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
Do you like music or like music tech? Post in some of the music-related threads.

How about sports? There are plenty of threads about sports, even football in the Community forums.

If you've read a lot about Macs in older threads already, maybe you could answer some questions that other people have?

Do you like films or TV shows? There are plenty of posts dedicated to movies and TV shows.

Maybe you are pondering your soon-to-be Mac setup... well, maybe get some ideas from some of the Mac setup threads in the Pictures forums, comment on other peoples' setups perhaps.

The point of the 250 post requirement is that activity in the community breeds familiarity... familiarity breeds trust... trust breeds mutually beneficial transactions in the Marketplace. The reasons for this requirement are sound. Is it perfect? No. But it is much better than nothing.

Finally, getting to 250 posts is really not that hard. Refrain from "This." types of posts, contribute an opinion or thought... before you know it, you'll have 250 points. People may have gotten to know you, and who knows? Maybe you'll make a friend or two in the process.

Jason Garza

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2012
I have had good luck with Craigslist. I picked up a less than a year old imac that was advertised as a monitor for 400 bucks. And more ecently traded my 2010 13 inch MacBook Pro for a 2012 iMac. There are deals out there just be patient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.