Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Welcome to SamsungFanboyRumors.com

Keep cheering on - and throwing your money at - the Korean conglomerate, fools.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
Makes sense. There's probably would have been some legal issues if they decided to just increase the price on the chips unless it was stated in the contract that they can change the price the way they see fit, which would be a terrible contract.

Peppa

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2012
My terminology shows bias toward common sense. Apple has other options for chips. Samsung does not have another Apple out there that they can simply replace the lost orders with.

There is always room for negotiation come contract time, but Samsung doesn't hold the keys to the car as many have suggested. Samsung needs Apple more than Apple needs Samsung at this point.

TSMC is in line for chips. Sharp, LG, and others are in line for panels. Is Microsoft going to place enough orders for chips and panels to fill the void of Apple leaving Samsung? No.

And what makes you an expert? You're confusing common sense with indoctrinated wishful thinking.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
Most likely the report was by a hedge fund or financial person looking to tank the stock some to get people to sell and buy at a lower price so they can make a quick buck.

Sad but most likely true...

lbjsong

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
samsung

samsung is the only company in the work which can provide A6, A6X with Best and yet most consistent quality.

paul4339

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
My terminology shows bias toward common sense. Apple has other options for chips. Samsung does not have another Apple out there that they can simply replace the lost orders with.

There is always room for negotiation come contract time, but Samsung doesn't hold the keys to the car as many have suggested. Samsung needs Apple more than Apple needs Samsung at this point.

TSMC is in line for chips. Sharp, LG, and others are in line for panels. Is Microsoft going to place enough orders for chips and panels to fill the void of Apple leaving Samsung? No.

I think what Samsung will do is replace the capacity void Apple has left with it's own demand (Samsung smartphones). That is, as Apple begins to move the newer A-series chip to TSMC, Samsung will retool and use some of that capacity for Exynos.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
What happened to fact-checking in journalism?
People are way too eager to be the first ones to get a potential story out.

Doesn't exist anymore.

Doesn't exist on forums either. People like to post opinions or things they've read from others as fact. It's a little sad to see how quickly society has become more reliant on message boards and blogs for facts as opposed to doing their own research. But it is what it is.

RobertoCravallo

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Germany

So you are the only one on this forum that has a right to an opinion. What makes you the expert? Ok, we get it: you prefer throwing your money at an american conglomerate that uses, oops, korean parts!

Last edited:

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
samsung is the only company in the work which can provide A6, A6X with Best and yet most consistent quality.

Apart from TSMC, which will love to take as much business away from Samsung as they can.

----------

With an overabundance of money in which Apple has said in some cases, "We don't know what to do with", why don't they use some of that cash flow to build their own computer chip making factory?! If it is too labor costly to locate in the USA, then build it down in Mexico, where I'm sure plenty of Mexicans would then choose to remain in Mexico, and work at this new Apple factory, as opposed to going thru plenty of risk to get into the USA illegally.

Building that kind of plant is not easy. And it's not Apple's business. The most obvious choice is TSMC whose business it is to make chips for anyone who can design them. There are others. And those Mexicans who would have the qualifications to work at that plant would likely be welcomed with open arms in the USA.

breising

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2011
What's next from SAMSUNG?

I still want to see what NEW innovative product SAMSUNG comes out with so (we) :apple: can copy it!

Well? WERE WAITING!

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
What's very funny/amusing is how outraged people were at Samsung for raising their chip prices on Apple and now that the story is false, they still seem outraged. Why?

fruitpunch.ben

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Surrey, BC
Maybe it's an overly cynical view but this just looks like more 'news' to manipulate stock prices. It's clear there is a lot of FUD in the air at the moment aimed at pushing Apple stock prices as low as possible before Q4 results when there will likely be a rebound.

Q1 results. They just released their Q4 results.
But I agree with your point. And whoever is doing it is remarkably successful. If I wasn't a student with no money, I'd totally invest in Apple right now. Their stock is way undervalued

fertilized-egg

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2009
No, it will probably be a loss for both companies. And no I wasn't. Pointing out that apple should hold on to a good supplier is not dis-favoring apple.

That's not what you said. You said Samsung will "keep doing just fine" while Apple will have difficulty/time finding another supplier.

Why is it that a supplier in a business where companies are going bankrupt will keep doing fine but the largest single buyer in the world will have trouble? That sounds very much like "indoctrinated wishful thinking" that you have accused another poster of.

I have an Apple computer with samsung parts. I want their computers to be dependable and samsung's parts have helped do that.

You mean iPhones will get suddenly less dependable if they used Hynix or Elpida RAM or NAND instead of Samsung? But they are already doing it and I haven't heard iPhone being less dependable because they aren't using Samsung parts.

It's not crazy for prices to increase...do you even know if there is a cyclical price increase that has nothing to do with politics? No. None of us really know what the f is going to happen, so let's stop acting like experts and get off high horses.

Absolutely agreed with your first point but didn't you also claim yourself that Samsung will magically be fine without Apple even though the article said a Samsung VP was let go because he lost some of the Apple business?

That's a bit unfair but we know why Samsung is being propped up by some, it's because they dislike Apple and want to see someone else taking down Apple, and Samsung is their latest hope. At one point it was Microsoft Zune(and now Surface), HTC, Motorola, etc. It's not that they particularly care about Samsung's nationality but just want to see Apple get burn and fall down.

Everybody hated Foxconn and suddenly nobody cared when it stopped being useful as a talking point against Apple. How many were outraged when the Foxconn Nintendo factory was found to be using underaged interns?

Peppa

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2012
What's very funny/amusing is how outraged people were at Samsung for raising their chip prices on Apple and now that the story is false, they still seem outraged. Why?

May be my fault for making a suggestion that they may still raise prices...may have poked a snake. ;)

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Doesn't exist on forums either. People like to post opinions or things they've read from others as fact. It's a little sad to see how quickly society has become more reliant on message boards and blogs for facts as opposed to doing their own research. But it is what it is.

Very true. I'm not sure the last time I saw a person post "In my opinion".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.