Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
I'm sorry to be a dream crusher but didn't the memo say it was delayed until the "End of November"?

Right now we are in the middle of November so if it was going to be released today, they would have said "Mid-November".

I say they are going to milk out every day they have until the very last day of November.

Apple now says the software will be out before the end of next month.
"The new iTunes is taking longer than expected and we wanted to take a little extra time to get it right," Apple spokesman Tom Neumayr told CNET. "We look forward to releasing this new version of iTunes with its dramatically simpler and cleaner interface, and seamless integration with iCloud before the end of November."

'Before the end of November' means at any time during November to me.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
they have been releasing major updates towards the end of the month it seems, take mountain lion for an example.

Last edited:

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Wasn't the point of the delay to fix the bugs? ;)

Must be some hell of a bug for a month long delay and such a bug that releasing it in its current form would cause such an uproar

iOS 6.0 was released with many bugs, hell it even broke wifi entirely for many people and apple didn't care so let's not act like Apple doesn't release bug free software

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
'Before the end of November' means at any time during November to me.

I am hopeful, but by saying 'Before the end of November', they are allowing themselves more time and that means every day in November except the 30th and into December.

I just think they will milk out however many days they want to release it.

Munky

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2011
Apple WILL wait until the end of November. It's inevitable. They want to have all the time they can to perfect the new iTunes. Of course it will still be buggy as hell, but they will take all their time. This is why they never set an exact date for any software release unless it's pretty much done.

Those of you thinking it will be this week or next week are going to be sad.

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
they may aswell just update the iTunes page to this...

2py6ntd.png

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Apple WILL wait until the end of November. It's inevitable. They want to have all the time they can to perfect the new iTunes. Of course it will still be buggy as hell, but they will take all their time. This is why they never set an exact date for any software release unless it's pretty much done.

Those of you thinking it will be this week or next week are going to be sad.

Your speculation is worth just as much as anyone else's on here.

tdsmth

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
If Apple is trying as hard as they are to get this thing out, why would they completely STOP work on it all of next week, then have to get the gears turning again after Thanksgiving to deliver it that week after. Seems like a really weird strategy. Aiming to release it BEFORE the break makes so much more sense, then no one has to worry about it during their week off.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
If Apple is trying as hard as they are to get this thing out, why would they completely STOP work on it all of next week, then have to get the gears turning again after Thanksgiving to deliver it that week after. That just seems like a really weird strategy. Releasing it BEFORE the break makes so much more sense, then no one has to worry about it during their week off.

Agreed. Now, whether they follow this logic or not will have to be seen..But yeah, if I were them I'd rather release it now (barring any show-stopping bugs), then have bug-reports issued on their week off next week, then come back the week after Thanksgiving and get to work on bug fixes.

Nethan

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Idaho
You guys keep saying that it has to come out this week since Tim Cook said "before the end of November".

Are we forgetting this is the company that told us October, only to delay it? Why are we suddenly taking them for their word?

tdsmth

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
Ah. Well that's good. :) I'm really not trying to be a downer, so sorry if I'm coming across that way. I guess I just don't have the optimism you guys have!

It's not so much optimism as it is logic. If they're under the gun, releasing it after a week-long break just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Then again, that's probably exactly why we'll get it then...

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
You guys keep saying that it has to come out this week since Tim Cook said "before the end of November".

Are we forgetting this is the company that told us October, only to delay it? Why are we suddenly taking them for their word?

You answered your own question

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i still think it could be thursday, friday, or the week after thanksgiving.. apple could surprise us!

BlackMangoTree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2010
I been saying all along. I know from a reliable source it will not e here until next year.

iMacs have been delayed until next year as well.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
I been saying all along. I know from a reliable source it will not e here until next year.

iMacs have been delayed until next year as well.

if it was coming next year dont you think apple would have put "coming in 2013" NOT "coming in november" ? i doubt it has been delayed till next year.

there is still a pretty good chance for it to come tomorrow.. friday not so much and the next week definately no otherwise its last week of november for sure otherwise delayed to early december?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.