Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
So I've seen several threads in here talking about how AT&T will likely have the mini LTE in stock on Friday the 16th. Are we thinking that'll be the day Apple gets them too, or do we think it's going to be a week later? Anyone have any intel from Apple or heard anything from any stores? I called 800MYAPPLE and they said stores should have them as soon as the first deliveries for pre-orders, as they batch them up and ship them from China to the stores as well.

I've got a pre-order that says delivers on the 21, and I'm wondering if I'll be better off just going into the store to pick one up.

christof

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2002
Earth
So I've seen several threads in here talking about how AT&T will likely have the mini LTE in stock on Friday the 16th. Are we thinking that'll be the day Apple gets them too, or do we think it's going to be a week later? Anyone have any intel from Apple or heard anything from any stores? I called 800MYAPPLE and they said stores should have them as soon as the first deliveries for pre-orders, as they batch them up and ship them from China to the stores as well.

I've got a pre-order that says delivers on the 21, and I'm wondering if I'll be better off just going into the store to pick one up.
I'm in the same boat, still waiting for my midnight AT&T preorder to get a tracking number. I figure that I'll buy through AT&T on Friday to sign a two-year contract and save $100… I was going to continue paying $30 for unlimited data forever anyway.

I haven't heard of any official launch date yet, but my plan is to go to AT&T first thing in the morning on Friday to buy it with a two-year commitment agreement. I'll return my Apple order whenever it arrives.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I'm in the same boat, still waiting for my midnight AT&T preorder to get a tracking number. I figure that I'll buy through AT&T on Friday to sign a two-year contract and save $100… I was going to continue paying $30 for unlimited data forever anyway.

I haven't heard of any official launch date yet, but my plan is to go to AT&T first thing in the morning on Friday to buy it with a two-year commitment agreement. I'll return my Apple order whenever it arrives.

I'm just going to add it to my mobile share plan on ATT. It'll only increase the bill $10 a month, so no biggie. I use it outside of wifi so rarely it won't even dent my data pool.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I'm just going to add it to my mobile share plan on ATT. It'll only increase the bill $10 a month, so no biggie. I use it outside of wifi so rarely it won't even dent my data pool.

What's what I was gonna do. However, I don't want to keep two iPad minis.

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010

Do you know if AT&T will allow grandfathered unlimited users to get the discount? I haven't heard anything like that but if they do it would be awesome!

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
What's what I was gonna do. However, I don't want to keep two iPad minis.

No, I'll give the WiFi one away to someone.. i'm not going to keep 2, lol. That's unnecessary.

----------

Do you know if AT&T will allow grandfathered unlimited users to get the discount? I haven't heard anything like that but if they do it would be awesome!

I think they will, they did with iPhone upgrades... as long as you're eligible I don't see why not. The only stumbling block I see is that you may run into an issue if you're going from a monthly\no contract plan to a contract plan (which is what the new one would be)... but they're stupid if they don't allow it. It would be bad business for them to say they'd rather have you at risk of walking for 2 years vs giving you $100 to lock you in as a customer for that time frame. But AT&T has done stupider things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.