Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

southfrisco

macrumors member
May 24, 2009
any recommended seller?

I have used Unlock Fusion. They seem to be pretty quick with questions, I had my 4S GSM unlocked (ATT). Sold it on craigslist to pay for my upgrade to the 5. The buyer used T-Mobile and no complaints from them. I can't say what other sellers are like because I've only used Unlock Fusion.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
I've heard a lot of people doing this. I wonder what back-end option opened up to allow the torrent of unlocking services we have now? (Obviously had something to do with at&t allowing locked iPhones to be unlocked in the first place, but there has to be more to the story)

jackwills

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
I have used Unlock Fusion. They seem to be pretty quick with questions, I had my 4S GSM unlocked (ATT). Sold it on craigslist to pay for my upgrade to the 5. The buyer used T-Mobile and no complaints from them. I can't say what other sellers are like because I've only used Unlock Fusion.

I checked unlock_fusion on ebay, they provide unlock service for iPhones priced as low as $1.98. Asking for comments here to make sure if it really works!

jackwills

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
I got about 6 unlocks from him so far.
3 iPhone 5 and some 4S and iPhone 4 models.
All are fully unlocked now and they were done within hours from paying for the eBay auction.
Great service from unlock fusion.

why is it seems like everybody uses unlock fusion lol

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I found some sellers selling the service for almost 14 bucks, wondering how unlock fusion can offer such low price $1.98!

There's some that sell it for $50-100 each and others for as little as $1-2
In the end you get the exactly same thing. Ones unlock is not any better or different than the others.
One sells thousands of unlocks and thus just charges less and moves way more imei unlocks.
Another does 5-10 unlocks a week and is happy with that amount of profit I guess.

vbtwo31984

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
I've heard a lot of people doing this. I wonder what back-end option opened up to allow the torrent of unlocking services we have now? (Obviously had something to do with at&t allowing locked iPhones to be unlocked in the first place, but there has to be more to the story)

This started after AT&T allowed unlocks for not-in-contract iPhones. Probably some employees at AT&T that just enter the IMEI into a DB, which unlocks the phone. So the seller is either an AT&T employee or knows an AT&T employee that does it. This is why all these unlocks are only for AT&T iPhones. Since this is happening for a while now, it looks like AT&T doesn't care about it.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Unlock Fusion is awesome. I've bought 8 unlocks from him so far. The quickest unlock for me, from him, took about an hour to complete :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.