Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:59 AM   #1
skottichan
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to skottichan Send a message via MSN to skottichan
Woman runs over husband for not voting

Oh this is glorious levels of crazy. I'm amazed that someone felt "despair at the re-election of Barack Obama", to the point that they attempted to murder a person whom they professed to marry.

Also, these are the people who say that my desire to marry my girlfriend would somehow demean the sanctity of marriage.

Quote:
PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona woman, in despair at the re-election of Democratic President Barack Obama, ran down her husband with the family car in suburban Phoenix on Saturday because he failed to vote in the election, police said on Monday.

Holly Solomon, 28, was arrested after running over husband Daniel Solomon following a wild chase that left him pinned underneath the vehicle.

Daniel Solomon, 36, was in critical condition at a local hospital, but is expected to survive, Gilbert police spokesman Sergeant Jesse Sanger said.

Police said Daniel Solomon told them his wife became angry over his "lack of voter participation" in last Tuesday's presidential election and believed her family would face hardship as a result of Obama winning another term.

Witnesses reported the argument broke out on Saturday morning in a parking lot and escalated. Mrs Solomon then chased her husband around the lot with the car, yelling at him as he tried to hide behind a light pole, police said. He was struck after attempting to flee to a nearby street.
Obama won the national election with 332 electoral votes compared with 206 for Republican challenger Mitt Romney. Arizona's 11 electoral votes were won by Romney.
skottichan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:12 AM   #2
Peace
macrumors P6

My guess is they had marriage problems other than just political.

Well at least the wife did.
Peace is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:45 AM   #3
quasinormal
Banned

My guess is that the wife has psychopathic illness and will end up institutionalised rather than imprisoned. How else can such behaviour be explained?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
quasinormal is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:40 AM   #4
AhmedFaisal

<snip>

Last edited by AhmedFaisal; Nov 11, 2013 at 09:46 AM.
  7 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedFaisal View Post
Watching too much Bill'O with an overdose of Sean-sanity and too many bottles of Glenn Becks?

I mean everybody goes ******* over 1st person shooters when kids go beserk, why doesn't anybody go ******* over Fox and all the other hatejocks when this crap happens?
Took the words right out of my mouth. Rousing the rabble is as much to blame for this as any possible mental issue the woman might have.

If whole groups of people are listening to someone who keeps telling them there's a "they" out there, and "they" intend on taking away everything you know and love, of course there are going to be people panicking when "they" get elected.
Renzatic is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:55 AM   #6
blevins321
macrumors 68030

I have no problem with this. It's my firm belief that the Darwin Awards will have many noble entries this year. And each time there is a posthumous nomination, the average American IQ goes up a smidgen of a percentage point.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:32 PM   #7
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

How dumb. I could see her going into a rage if their state went blue, but their state already voted for Romney. Her husband's vote wouldn't have made the state even more red. Although if he voted the other way it might have cancelled her vote out. In light of the way she acted, she should be more concerned about that!
MadeTheSwitch is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:20 PM   #8
Anuba
macrumors 68040

Darwin Awards, 2008 election, winner:

Darwin Awards, 2012 election, nominees:

1) Woman runs over husband with car for not voting

2) Anti-gay bigot torches box of Cheerios

3) Karl Rove declares war on math, logic, probability and reality in general

Anuba is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:24 PM   #9
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
Liberals just don't do things like this. This is just another example of the GOP being a breeding ground for crazies. Not saying all republicans are this nuts, im just saying their party creates a warm cozy environment for parasites like this to thrive.
likemyorbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:24 PM   #10
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by likemyorbs View Post
Liberals just don't do things like this. This is just another example of the GOP being a breeding ground for crazies. Not saying all republicans are this nuts, im just saying their party creates a warm cozy environment for parasites like this to thrive.
I could argue that they do, as an extreme version of something is bound to attract the crazies. The reason we see it in the GOP more often than not is because the party has gone a little too far over to the right, whereas American liberals tend to be more centrist if anything.

Take it a little too far to the left though, and it'll look like we've elected PETA to congress.
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:41 PM   #11
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuba View Post
Darwin Awards, 2008 election, winner:

Darwin Awards, 2012 election, nominees:

1) Woman runs over husband with car for not voting

2) Anti-gay bigot torches box of Cheerios

YouTube: video

3) Karl Rove declares war on math, logic, probability and reality in general

YouTube: video
For the record, the guy who torched the Cheerios died of a heart attack a few days after that. Maybe he should have ate some Cheerios, didn't he know they're good for his heart? Or at least the black hole that was in its place....
likemyorbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:20 PM   #12
IBradMac
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to IBradMac
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasinormal View Post
My guess is that the wife has psychopathic illness and will end up institutionalised rather than imprisoned. How else can such behaviour be explained?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
Her parents probably just raised her wrong..
IBradMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues