Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

accounti

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Hello,

I'm a french student and i want to take an iPhone at apple store in Montreal with a contract ! What do i need to be able to take one ?

Thanking You in advance

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
Ok thanks i don't need a credit card ? or or ID card ? or NAS ? that's what i read on google !
Well in the states you need to sign a contract, so you have to be 18, so I assume you need some ID to prove you're old enough. About the credit card, maybe, or you'll just have to mail the company checks every month if you don't have a credit card/bank card for easier payment.

accounti

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Well in the states you need to sign a contract, so you have to be 18, so I assume you need some ID to prove you're old enough. About the credit card, maybe, or you'll just have to mail the company checks every month if you don't have a credit card/bank card for easier payment.

Oh thank you very much for your answer ! but i need a safe answer because the apple store in montreal is very far from my house !

accounti

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
You need a credit card and driver's license/ID.
They will need to run a credit check, that is why.

Are you sure for the credit card ? because i don't have one ... are you sure you need one even in the apple store ? Do you know if they can do without it ?

fruitpunch.ben

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Surrey, BC
Are you sure for the credit card ? because i don't have one ... are you sure you need one even in the apple store ? Do you know if they can do without it ?

It was 4 years ago, but I seem to recall that when we moved to Canada my wife and I managed to get a monthly plan each with Fido when we got here. And that went through before we managed to get a Canadian credit card or a Canadian drivers license. The only thing was that we couldn't get both plans on the same account (since our credit history here was non-existent), we had to each get a separate plan. We already had existing phones, but I don't think that makes a difference.
So my advice is: just take every piece of ID you own, and give it a shot. It should work. AFAIK they can check your credit with other pieces of ID, it is not essential to own a credit card (unless they accepted our Australian ones, but I find that unlikely...)
I'm sorry I can't be more definite, but it was 4 years ago, we had just moved here, and things are a bit hazy.

accounti

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Yes they need to check your credit otherwise you will not be able to have a contract at all.

Ok so i won't be able to buy one ...

----------

It was 4 years ago, but I seem to recall that when we moved to Canada my wife and I managed to get a monthly plan each with Fido when we got here. And that went through before we managed to get a Canadian credit card or a Canadian drivers license. The only thing was that we couldn't get both plans on the same account (since our credit history here was non-existent), we had to each get a separate plan. We already had existing phones, but I don't think that makes a difference.
So my advice is: just take every piece of ID you own, and give it a shot. It should work. AFAIK they can check your credit with other pieces of ID, it is not essential to own a credit card (unless they accepted our Australian ones, but I find that unlikely...)
I'm sorry I can't be more definite, but it was 4 years ago, we had just moved here, and things are a bit hazy.

Ok thank you very much for your answer ! You're making me happy ! :) I checked on the website and it seems that we can show other pieces instead of a credit card ... Someone else can confirm ?

CDNM3

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Ils ont demandés une carte de crédit pour moi quand j'ai signé mon contrat avec Telus pour la première fois.

Une chose que tu devrais vérifier est si il est possible d'acheter un contrat avec un fournisseur directement du Apple store. Je pensais qu'ils vendaient des téléphones sans contrat seulement? Tu devrais les appeler pour en être certain!

accounti

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Ils ont demandés une carte de crédit pour moi quand j'ai signé mon contrat avec Telus pour la première fois.

Une chose que tu devrais vérifier est si il est possible d'acheter un contrat avec un fournisseur directement du Apple store. Je pensais qu'ils vendaient des téléphones sans contrat seulement? Tu devrais les appeler pour en être certain!

Je suis sur que l'on peut le prendre avec contrat mais je voulais savoir si je leur dit que j'ai pas de carte de crédit ils peuvent me proposer une alternative !

accounti

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Mais le problem c que es ce que tu as dejas 1 iphone? Ou tu veux lacheter chez apple avec 1 forfait?

Je veux acheter un iPhone chez apple avec un forfait ! Mais il y a une différence entre les 2 ?

Last edited:

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Je veux acheter un iPhone chez apple avec un forfait ! Mais il y a une différence entre les 2 ?

La difference c que 1 tu achetes avec forfait le telephone est moin cher ou 2 tu achetes sans forfait aux prix retail device only! Mais le probleme c que tu as pas de credit card pour que eux check ton credit! Je pense meme en france ca marche comme ca non?

accounti

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
La difference c que 1 tu achetes avec forfait le telephone est moin cher ou 2 tu achetes sans forfait aux prix retail device only! Mais le probleme c que tu as pas de credit card pour que eux check ton credit! Je pense meme en france ca marche comme ca non?
En france il faut aussi un compte bancaire mais sur le site d'apple canada ils disent :

What to Bring with You

Proof of current address
Proof of DOB
Valid ID issued in Canada by a Canadian Government Agency which includes a photo ID

You will also need to present a second form of ID from the list below:

Canadian Credit Card
SIN card
Provincial ID or Age of Majority Card
Citizenship Card
Native Status Card
Senior Citizens Card
Armed Forces ID
University Student ID
Passport
Wireless Invoice (for upgrades)

Donc la carte de credit n'est pas obligatoire non ?

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
En france il faut aussi un compte bancaire mais sur le site d'apple canada ils disent :

What to Bring with You

Proof of current address
Proof of DOB
Valid ID issued in Canada by a Canadian Government Agency which includes a photo ID

You will also need to present a second form of ID from the list below:

Canadian Credit Card
SIN card
Provincial ID or Age of Majority Card
Citizenship Card
Native Status Card
Senior Citizens Card
Armed Forces ID
University Student ID
Passport
Wireless Invoice (for upgrades)

Donc la carte de credit n'est pas obligatoire non ?

Hint you will also need! Apres tu vois canadian credit card!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.