Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paddyi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
I was very pleased when I discovered a few days ago that the NBA app has finally been released on Apple TV in the United Kingdom. The problem is though, it won't let me login with my league pass credentials. It gives an error message saying unable to sign in.

I have contacted NBA support about this and am awaiting a response but they've never been that helpful in the past so I thought forums might be a better place for help. I thought the problem could be that the app can't connect to the iTunes store - if I click on 'redeem subscription from iTunes' in the app it says it cannot connect to the iTunes store.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've got an ATV2 running the latest software.

bomberbloke

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Having the same problem here in Australia, albeit on ATV3.

Purchased the unit today for the sole purpose of using it for the NBA, however I keep getting an "Unable to sign in" error, followed by some server error.

The credentials used work across android, PC and ipod touch, so no problem there.

Quite frustrating, seems to be a speckling of reports about the place but no resolution. Will post back if I find anything.

Monnieman

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
I had the same problem and the problem was that I had to many devices registered to my NBA Game Time account. You can only register 5 devices (Apple TV, iDevices, Xbox), you can delete your devices in the settings on the watch.nba.com website. You can can also send an email to: nbasupport@neullion.com.

Ace1024

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2011
NBA international league pass will not work on the ATV even if you have a service like unblock -us. Only domestic subscribers can access the app properly. You'll have to airplay mirror it from a mac.

Even though it's not the most ideal solution, the quality still looks very good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.