Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

everything-i

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2012
London, UK
Q1 results. They just released their Q4 results.
But I agree with your point. And whoever is doing it is remarkably successful. If I wasn't a student with no money, I'd totally invest in Apple right now. Their stock is way undervalued

Large institutions do this sort of thing routinely, I used to work for a large investment house in London and the brokers and analysts would routinely stoke up bad news to depress stock prices or talk a company up to raise them, its what they do. It seems like the beginning of next year may be a good time to get into APPL.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Ehmmm those products have been on the market long time...

Samsung Galaxy S3 is a kickass phone compared to it's little brother iPhone 5

and then there is

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - does double what iPhone 5 does... And the specs. Touch is better. The stylus with "air view" is brilliant. You can do stuff here you can only dream doing on the iPhone 5 - oh... And the 2 GB's of ram. What did iPhone 5 have.

Problem about fanboys is, they cant see beyond there apple. Like saying to a muslem he should go christian or eat pork and the other way around.... I was one my self (apple fanboy), but Im a grown up now, so can see whats good and whats just the same old in a new case...

Still love my MacBook Air ... But my Samsung Ativ Pro S is just a little cooler.

It's life... Things come... Things go... And at the moment Apples "new" stuff is just going down. The new iMac ? Thinner and not upgradeable? Oh nooo you're old if you need dvd ? Noooo Apple - most people want that and they will show you the hard way. Less sales.

Look at the kickass downfall of the stock at the moment. Said this also as it hit almost 700... And where is it today just some month after ?

Apple is chasing it's tail... Samsung is developing... That's the difference. And what Samsung makes with Android compared to other companies using Android is worlds apart. Samsungs Android 4.1 version is amazing.

Almost hurt to say because I love apple so much. But love doenst give me new and exciting stuff...

HZm7i.jpg
???

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
And just to add to Samsungs Panic
http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/12/11/14/2113232/everspin-launches-non-volatile-mram-thats-500-times-faster-than-nand

That may just see Apple no longer wanting their NAND flash ram soon too

Now when Apple starts getting their Chips fabricated by someone else it could be a very bad year for Samsung

While that tech is the next step and very nice it is literally years away from hitting the market in anything but devices with small amounts of memory. The biggest DIMM they have is 64MB. It's density, power usage and price is just not there yet.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Seriously, I wish we had that here in North America, the amount of bull that passes for news in the U.S. and Canada is astounding, and is an insult to our democratic populations.
I concur. Maybe that's why I pay so little attention to them.

skunnykart

macrumors regular
May 7, 2010
Apple has been price hiking on us consumers for decades. They have patent on it. Hence Samsung is denying this to avoid a another courtroom battle (joking).

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Ehmmm those products have been on the market long time...

Samsung Galaxy S3 is a kickass phone compared to it's little brother iPhone 5

and then there is

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - does double what iPhone 5 does... And the specs. Touch is better. The stylus with "air view" is brilliant. You can do stuff here you can only dream doing on the iPhone 5 - oh... And the 2 GB's of ram. What did iPhone 5 have.

You are certainly entitled to your opinions about Samsung's products but they are hardly facts. Hardware specs aren't the full story when it comes to this kind of tech and there are really very few things that you can do on your Samsung that one can't do on an iOS device. Perhaps the software isn't native, but it exists. And that is just fine for most. Just like they feel that their iPhone with 1/4 the ram is more than zippy enough for what they are doing. They don't see the need to stuff in more ram just cause etc.

So, you can stick with your Samsungs and your opinions and leave the rest of us to exercise the same right with whatever we choose to use for our tastes and needs. Even if in our opinion your 'kickass' is more like 'piece of ****'. That we have said opinion doesn't make us stupid or childish despite you trying to state such a view as fact.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.