Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:50 PM   #1
lookn4wifi
macrumors regular

Syncing Solution? (iPhone & Mac Mail)

I have Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail & iCloud email accounts linked to my iPhone with iOS 6.0.1 and my iMac with OS X 10.8.2. I manage my email account from my iPhone about 95% of the time.

When I open the mail app on my iMac it shows all Gmail as unread even though it's all been read or deleted from my iPhone. Gmail is set up through Exchange on my phone to allow for Push.

Mac Mail shows Hotmail as unread when read from the phone, but I believe it will be in the trash if deleted from the iPhone.

iCloud mail syncs with no noticed issues.

I'm using iCloud on both my phone and Mac. Is there a way to set up these accounts (Gmail & Hotmail) so if I read or delete mail on my phone it will reflect the same on my mac or visa versa?
lookn4wifi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:47 AM   #2
whsbuss
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookn4wifi View Post
I have Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail & iCloud email accounts linked to my iPhone with iOS 6.0.1 and my iMac with OS X 10.8.2. I manage my email account from my iPhone about 95% of the time.

When I open the mail app on my iMac it shows all Gmail as unread even though it's all been read or deleted from my iPhone. Gmail is set up through Exchange on my phone to allow for Push.

Mac Mail shows Hotmail as unread when read from the phone, but I believe it will be in the trash if deleted from the iPhone.

iCloud mail syncs with no noticed issues.

I'm using iCloud on both my phone and Mac. Is there a way to set up these accounts (Gmail & Hotmail) so if I read or delete mail on my phone it will reflect the same on my mac or visa versa?
Make sure Gmail is setup using IMAP on the Mac. Hotmail can only use POP3 which will never sync with your mobile devices.
whsbuss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:54 AM   #3
lookn4wifi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
Make sure Gmail is setup using IMAP on the Mac. Hotmail can only use POP3 which will never sync with your mobile devices.
Thank you. All good now.
lookn4wifi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services