Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Great Idea! There are some real gems there. How are sales going? I actually more than a couple of those cameras myself. If the timing works out, try renting a table at a camera swap meet. You'd have to be pretty lucky to find one in the time frame it sounds like you are working with, but you never know.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Great Idea! There are some real gems there. How are sales going? I actually more than a couple of those cameras myself. If the timing works out, try renting a table at a camera swap meet. You'd have to be pretty lucky to find one in the time frame it sounds like you are working with, but you never know.

Thanks for the idea. Being located in London I am sure there is something that could work!

A blad in a charity shop! How much was it?

If you're taking about the 500c then that was from a car boot sale for just over £200. It lacked a viewfinder screen and the lens was stuck to the body (body fired but the lens hadn't). Fortunately I have had this happen before and was able to deal with it without touching the lens at all. A new screen was easy to find second hand.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Thanks for the idea. Being located in London I am sure there is something that could work!

If you're taking about the 500c then that was from a car boot sale for just over £200. It lacked a viewfinder screen and the lens was stuck to the body (body fired but the lens hadn't). Fortunately I have had this happen before and was able to deal with it without touching the lens at all. A new screen was easy to find second hand.

Im near london too, in the unlikely event you come across a vgc rb67 I could be interested at the right price.

MacCruiskeen

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
If you are into film photography then check your local charity shops.

[/URL]

I've never found anything that nice in a charity shop here. Usually all you see are cheap p&s cameras and the occasional low-end Polaroid. Once in a while something relatively good will be seen in an antique shop, but at high prices. I'd rather buy from KEH and know the condition.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Im near london too, in the unlikely event you come across a vgc rb67 I could be interested at the right price.

Will keep our eyes peeled!

I've never found anything that nice in a charity shop here. Usually all you see are cheap p&s cameras and the occasional low-end Polaroid. Once in a while something relatively good will be seen in an antique shop, but at high prices. I'd rather buy from KEH and know the condition.

I know what you mean. However, apart from the polaroids and hasselblads all of the other cameras are less than £5 to purchase with most a lot less than that meaning that if we discover a problem further down the line it's not a huge issue.

shashin

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2011
For a university project we have to create a business and sell all within a few weeks!

Being into photography I decided to search for older film cameras. Clean them up check they work and sell them on along with film and batteries.

If you are into film photography then check your local charity shops.

Here is a selection of the ones that I have got round to photographing.

I am sure that the Hasselblad EL was someone's studio portrait workhorse. Great find! Let us know how much it sells for! How much did you have to pay for that one?:D
Greg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.