Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freejack

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Like a good Apple fanboy I stayed up till 3am to order my LTE mini. Kept refreshing the apple store page and also the apple store app. At 2:55am, the app began accepting orders and I immediately entered my order for a black 16gb lte AT&T mini. Order was completed at 2:57am. Fast forward two weeks and I'm looking at my order status with a "preparing for shipment" status for the last four days.

Anyway, enough whining. This thread will be used to keep track of any stores selling the LTE mini. Please let us know.

I called the Manhasset store but they had no idea. The fifth ave store says maybe tomorrow or Saturday.

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
My iPad mini wifi said preparing for shipment until the morning it was delivered which was on release day.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
My iPad mini wifi said preparing for shipment until the morning it was delivered which was on release day.

But was your supportprofile page updated before that & was your credit card *charged* (not just a pending charge) before that? Those of us in this boat have neither of those things & I had both for the WiFi Mini even though I received no tracking number until the day before launch.

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
But was your supportprofile page updated before that & was your credit card *charged* (not just a pending charge) before that? Those of us in this boat have neither of those things & I had both for the WiFi Mini even though I received no tracking number until the day before launch.

I used a gift card so I dont know and wheres the support page?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Like a good Apple fanboy I stayed up till 3am to order my LTE mini. Kept refreshing the apple store page and also the apple store app. At 2:55am, the app began accepting orders and I immediately entered my order for a black 16gb lte AT&T mini. Order was completed at 2:57am. Fast forward two weeks and I'm looking at my order status with a "preparing for shipment" status for the last four days.

Anyway, enough whining. This thread will be used to keep track of any stores selling the LTE mini. Please let us know.

I called the Manhasset store but they had no idea. The fifth ave store says maybe tomorrow or Saturday.

This was an incredibly botched launch... maybe not in result, but in communication. Readers saying they got upgraded shipping, iPads shipping out of order (people after me have the same model I ordered in hands already, and mine is still "Preparing...")... it's just a mess. Hopefully just a one-off product and not a sign of Apple's future product launches.

Had they communicated from the start that it'd be end of Nov it'd be ok. The issue is on the 7th they said it'd ship (via overnight shipping) within 5 days. Now 8 days later it hasn't even shipped, and now I'm being told the 22nd at the earliest, and that was assuming it shipped on the 14th... I dunno Apple, not impressed this time.

At least I was smart enough to buy the WiFi model to hold me over. I woulda been livid had I not. I know, starving kids in Somolia, gays getting beat in Iran... hehe

Renjo2007

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
AZ
In my local bestbuy and apple store,no mini with cellular but the apple store has the ipad 4 verizon.

freejack

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
"Screwed over" Dramatic much?

Seven hours ago I would've said no but right after posting it, my coworker went in anaphylactic shock and lost consciousness. We carried him into the car and I drove him to the nearest hospital going 50mph down a local road running a dozen red lights. When we got there he started convulsing. They stuck a defibrillator on him because his heart stopped beating for eight seconds at a time. Finally stuck him with and Epi pen and he stabilized.

So to answer that question now, then yes, I was being overly dramatic. My iPad mini really doesn't seem that important anymore. Life has an interesting way of putting things into perspective.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.