Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:17 PM   #1
hooper2
macrumors member

Apple Contacts Sharing Issue

So... my wife and I both use our respective Gmail accounts to manage our contacts. Historically we used our macbooks (first via mobileme, then using yahoo sync) to then sync our gmail contacts with each other. We work together so it is very useful for us to have synced contacts, but also have them avail when using our respective gmail's webmail.

So it was:
My Gmail <--> My Macbook <--> Shared Yahoo Contact account <--> My Wife's Macbook <--> My Wife's Gmail

This worked flawlessly... Just got ML and now it looks pretty impossible to "sync" your contacts with two separate gmail databases accounts using the Contact program. It looks like if you have multiple accounts set up in Contacts, they are kept completely separate.

Any clue on how to achieve the same end result with ML and gmail? Is there a solution with making a "Contacts Server"?

Thanks!
hooper2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:47 PM   #2
hooper2
macrumors member

Pretty much all I can find is Soocial as an alternative to this:

hooper2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion