Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Closed Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:30 PM   #4101
themayorr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citychic View Post
Yes I kinda figured that from the email fro my TM last night as far as the reason for not opening the box....

have you seen any good sales for black friday yet?
Look on craigslist..better than black friday lol
themayorr is offline   0
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:43 PM   #4102
koolaid-drinker
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewriteway View Post
TRAINING ROCKS!!! It is just UN-Believable. Everyone it is SO worth the wait!! Everyone is just SO encouraging and friendly.
I agree!

This training and trainers are AWESOME!!!

It is well worth the wait.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:12 PM   #4103
Trevorman
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid-drinker View Post
I agree!

Good to hear! After the whole process if training sucked it would be a let down!
Trevorman is offline   0
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:23 PM   #4104
Tracycoder
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid-drinker View Post
I agree!

Ahhh the excitement is killing me! I've never been so happy to start a new job.

11/26 class we just have 12 more days!!
Tracycoder is offline   0
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:37 PM   #4105
kyur4end
macrumors member

Hey I got my email from my manager. Wanted to gather Skype information for people that will be on my team. Send me a pm with your managers initials and then we can exchange skype information.
kyur4end is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:23 AM   #4106
macguy2819
macrumors newbie

delete

Last edited by macguy2819; Nov 26, 2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: delete
macguy2819 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:51 AM   #4107
wootwootwootlol
macrumors newbie

omg i love my job

today was the best day! those waiting to get onboard.. believe me when I say...

The way they treat you is done as well or better than their products are designed.

and that is the truth...

I am a believer now.

Be patient, and be prepared to be amazed.
wootwootwootlol is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:25 AM   #4108
catbite777
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy2819 View Post
Apple does not hold any back pay. If you start on 11/26, then your timecard is due in myPage by Noon local time on 11/30 (Pay Period is 11/17-11/30). You will receive a paycheck for all time worked on 12/7.
Thank you SO MUCH for answering my question!
catbite777 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:56 AM   #4109
koolaid-drinker
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwootwootlol View Post
today was the best day! those waiting to get onboard.. believe me when I say...

The way they treat you is done as well or better than their products are designed.

and that is the truth...

I am a believer now.

Be patient, and be prepared to be amazed.
When did you start?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:52 AM   #4110
KLinPA
macrumors member

Holy crap on a cracker! My boxes arrived! Glad I was home I had no advance notice Now I have to wait. This is going to kill me lol

KLinPA is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:53 AM   #4111
Blue33
macrumors member

Equipment is here!!!! But since I already know what is inside I'm not really curious....just excited
Blue33 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:15 PM   #4112
Tracycoder
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue33 View Post
Equipment is here!!!! But since I already know what is inside I'm not really curious....just excited

Mine just came too!!
Tracycoder is offline   1
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:21 PM   #4113
catbite777
macrumors member

I also received my boxes today! Plus, my team manager called me this morning for a quick "hello".

Then, my desktop PC died. (luckily I have a laptop too.) I think it died in sheer panic that there is an iMac in the house. The shock killed it.
catbite777 is offline   1
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:28 PM   #4114
Grundy125
macrumors newbie

Not too sure...

I just had my over the phone interview with Apple, and I have to say, I think I bombed the interview. We went over some of my employment history, apparently I left something out of my resume that I thought I had attached.

She then asked me 3 Questions:

Define Empathy in your own terms.

"I would define empathy as: Putting yourself in another's shoes, so that you can better understand what they are going through and to better relate to them."

Define what an operating system is, in layman terms.

"An operating system can be defined as: The building blocks for a computer, it basically translates the software into a usable form."

How would you trouble shoot email?

"I would trouble shoot email with someone by ensuring they are connected to the internet first. Secondly, I would ensure they are typing the email addresses correctly. Then, stumped."

She said that was the last question she had for me and should look forward to hearing from someone within 3-5 business days.....Honestly, it was supposed to be a 20 Minute interview, and it only lasted about: 8 Minutes.
Grundy125 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:32 PM   #4115
KLinPA
macrumors member

awww I didn't get a call...yet.

For those who've started I know we should wait for the chair but I have a couple questions. My sis in law has one she wants to give me so --does it have to have arms? Also is it perhaps a reimbursed business expense since it's required?

LOL Spoke too soon. My TM just called

Last edited by KLinPA; Nov 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Update
KLinPA is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:38 PM   #4116
Blue33
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundy125 View Post
I just had my over the phone interview with Apple, and I have to say, I think I bombed the interview. We went over some of my employment history, apparently I left something out of my resume that I thought I had attached.

"I would define empathy as: Putting yourself in another's shoes, so that you can better understand what they are going through and to better relate to them."

"An operating system can be defined as: The building blocks for a computer, it basically translates the software into a usable form."

"I would trouble shoot email with someone by ensuring they are connected to the internet first. Secondly, I would ensure they are typing the email addresses correctly. Then, stumped."

She said that was the last question she had for me and should look forward to hearing from someone within 3-5 business days.....Honestly, it was supposed to be a 20 Minute interview, and it only lasted about: 8 Minutes.
Don't lose hope, my second interview was exactly 8 minutes.....
Blue33 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:43 PM   #4117
Grundy125
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue33 View Post
Don't lose hope, my second interview was exactly 8 minutes.....
Thanks Blue....I sure hope I get this position, was just let go of my current job yesterday.
Grundy125 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:47 PM   #4118
Tracycoder
macrumors newbie

Quote:

All of my interviews were shorter than what they said they'd be and those were the exact questions they asked me. I'm sure you did fine
Tracycoder is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:05 PM   #4119
Blue33
macrumors member

Quote:
Thanks Blue....I sure hope I get this position, was just let go of my current job yesterday.
Oh and I think you did excellent....my first interview went horrible!
What is RAM?......I don't know
What is a hard drive?....I don't know....
I wasn't expecting it and I completely blank!!....my daughter was screaming mommy...mommy....I got myself together and showed enthusiasm and that right there my friend saved me lol I'm thankful they even gave me another shot lol

3rd interview...The manager told me I nailed it Of course I made a deal with my daughter...No job not toys lol
Blue33 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:16 PM   #4120
Jerseyleoal
macrumors newbie

Quote:

That sounds almost exactly like my 2nd interview. I was asked about empathy and how to troubleshoot email and a wireless and regular printer. I prepared for those questions by looking on the internet before the interview. I got scheduled for a 3rd interview on Dec. 3rd but it took maybe like 4 days before the email came to schedule it just stay positive.
Jerseyleoal is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:24 PM   #4121
Stukenbroeker
macrumors member

Equipment has arrived! And no bombs inside . No call from my TM though...
Stukenbroeker is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:27 PM   #4122
Grundy125
macrumors newbie

Thank you Tracy, Blue and Jersey. I really do appreciate it!
Grundy125 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:38 PM   #4123
jeffrey1211
Banned

Has anyone applied for AHA position even tho your not in that specific area the job is offered and ended up got the job? AHA is offered everywhere but this time.. not in my area...
jeffrey1211 is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:41 PM   #4124
Jerseyleoal
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey1211 View Post
Has anyone applied for AHA position even tho your not in that specific area the job is offered and ended up got the job? AHA is offered everywhere but this time.. not in my area...
I applied for the AHA job in Birmingham, AL but I live about 75 miles away. Hope that helps.
Jerseyleoal is offline   0
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:50 PM   #4125
jeffrey1211
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyleoal View Post
I applied for the AHA job in Birmingham, AL but I live about 75 miles away. Hope that helps.
I think you are okay as long as you are in the 100miles radios
jeffrey1211 is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion