Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:30 PM   #1
accounti
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Contract iPhone Canada

Hello,


I'm a french student and i want to take an iPhone at apple store in Montreal with a contract ! What do i need to be able to take one ?



Thanking You in advance
accounti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:46 PM   #2
paulbennett95
macrumors 6502a
 
paulbennett95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
1) money
2) be older than 18
3) company to get said contract from
paulbennett95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:55 PM   #3
accounti
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbennett95 View Post
1) money
2) be older than 18
3) company to get said contract from

Ok thanks i don't need a credit card ? or or ID card ? or NAS ? that's what i read on google !
accounti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:02 PM   #4
paulbennett95
macrumors 6502a
 
paulbennett95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by accounti View Post
Ok thanks i don't need a credit card ? or or ID card ? or NAS ? that's what i read on google !
Well in the states you need to sign a contract, so you have to be 18, so I assume you need some ID to prove you're old enough. About the credit card, maybe, or you'll just have to mail the company checks every month if you don't have a credit card/bank card for easier payment.
paulbennett95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:14 PM   #5
accounti
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbennett95 View Post
Well in the states you need to sign a contract, so you have to be 18, so I assume you need some ID to prove you're old enough. About the credit card, maybe, or you'll just have to mail the company checks every month if you don't have a credit card/bank card for easier payment.
Oh thank you very much for your answer ! but i need a safe answer because the apple store in montreal is very far from my house !
accounti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:19 PM   #6
nidserz
macrumors 6502a
 
nidserz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dubai x Toronto
You need a credit card and driver's license/ID.
They will need to run a credit check, that is why.
__________________
iPhone 5 |16GB|white|unlocked
Aluminum MacBook |2.4GHz|8GB|256GB SSD
rMBP |13"|2.6GHz|16GB|256GB SSD
twitter |youtube
nidserz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:20 PM   #7
accounti
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidserz View Post
You need a credit card and driver's license/ID.
They will need to run a credit check, that is why.
Are you sure for the credit card ? because i don't have one ... are you sure you need one even in the apple store ? Do you know if they can do without it ?
accounti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:25 PM   #8
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020
 
aziatiklover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by accounti View Post
Are you sure for the credit card ? because i don't have one ... are you sure you need one even in the apple store ? Do you know if they can do without it ?
Yes they need to check your credit otherwise you will not be able to have a contract at all.
__________________
ppleholic
aziatiklover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:28 PM   #9
fruitpunch.ben
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by accounti View Post
Are you sure for the credit card ? because i don't have one ... are you sure you need one even in the apple store ? Do you know if they can do without it ?
It was 4 years ago, but I seem to recall that when we moved to Canada my wife and I managed to get a monthly plan each with Fido when we got here. And that went through before we managed to get a Canadian credit card or a Canadian drivers license. The only thing was that we couldn't get both plans on the same account (since our credit history here was non-existent), we had to each get a separate plan. We already had existing phones, but I don't think that makes a difference.
So my advice is: just take every piece of ID you own, and give it a shot. It should work. AFAIK they can check your credit with other pieces of ID, it is not essential to own a credit card (unless they accepted our Australian ones, but I find that unlikely...)
I'm sorry I can't be more definite, but it was 4 years ago, we had just moved here, and things are a bit hazy.
__________________
2009 iPhone 3G S⃣ 27" 2009 iMac i7 160 GB intel SSD
11" 2011 MacBook Air i7 1.8GHz,
iPad 3rd Generation 64GB LTE
iPhone 5 64GB Black
fruitpunch.ben is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:38 PM   #10
accounti
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
Yes they need to check your credit otherwise you will not be able to have a contract at all.
Ok so i won't be able to buy one ...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitpunch.ben View Post
It was 4 years ago, but I seem to recall that when we moved to Canada my wife and I managed to get a monthly plan each with Fido when we got here. And that went through before we managed to get a Canadian credit card or a Canadian drivers license. The only thing was that we couldn't get both plans on the same account (since our credit history here was non-existent), we had to each get a separate plan. We already had existing phones, but I don't think that makes a difference.
So my advice is: just take every piece of ID you own, and give it a shot. It should work. AFAIK they can check your credit with other pieces of ID, it is not essential to own a credit card (unless they accepted our Australian ones, but I find that unlikely...)
I'm sorry I can't be more definite, but it was 4 years ago, we had just moved here, and things are a bit hazy.
Ok thank you very much for your answer ! You're making me happy ! I checked on the website and it seems that we can show other pieces instead of a credit card ... Someone else can confirm ?
accounti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:46 PM   #11
CDNM3
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Ils ont demandés une carte de crédit pour moi quand j'ai signé mon contrat avec Telus pour la première fois.

Une chose que tu devrais vérifier est si il est possible d'acheter un contrat avec un fournisseur directement du Apple store. Je pensais qu'ils vendaient des téléphones sans contrat seulement? Tu devrais les appeler pour en être certain!
CDNM3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:56 PM   #12
accounti
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNM3 View Post
Ils ont demandés une carte de crédit pour moi quand j'ai signé mon contrat avec Telus pour la première fois.

Une chose que tu devrais vérifier est si il est possible d'acheter un contrat avec un fournisseur directement du Apple store. Je pensais qu'ils vendaient des téléphones sans contrat seulement? Tu devrais les appeler pour en être certain!

Je suis sur que l'on peut le prendre avec contrat mais je voulais savoir si je leur dit que j'ai pas de carte de crédit ils peuvent me proposer une alternative !
accounti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:06 PM   #13
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020
 
aziatiklover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by accounti View Post
Je suis sur que l'on peut le prendre avec contrat mais je voulais savoir si je leur dit que j'ai pas de carte de crédit ils peuvent me proposer une alternative !
Mais le problem c que es ce que tu as dejas 1 iphone? Ou tu veux lacheter chez apple avec 1 forfait?
__________________
ppleholic
aziatiklover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:08 PM   #14
accounti
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
Mais le problem c que es ce que tu as dejas 1 iphone? Ou tu veux lacheter chez apple avec 1 forfait?

Je veux acheter un iPhone chez apple avec un forfait ! Mais il y a une différence entre les 2 ?

Last edited by accounti; Nov 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
accounti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:47 PM   #15
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020
 
aziatiklover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by accounti View Post
Je veux acheter un iPhone chez apple avec un forfait ! Mais il y a une différence entre les 2 ?
La difference c que 1 tu achetes avec forfait le telephone est moin cher ou 2 tu achetes sans forfait aux prix retail device only! Mais le probleme c que tu as pas de credit card pour que eux check ton credit! Je pense meme en france ca marche comme ca non?
__________________
ppleholic
aziatiklover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:54 PM   #16
accounti
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
La difference c que 1 tu achetes avec forfait le telephone est moin cher ou 2 tu achetes sans forfait aux prix retail device only! Mais le probleme c que tu as pas de credit card pour que eux check ton credit! Je pense meme en france ca marche comme ca non?
En france il faut aussi un compte bancaire mais sur le site d'apple canada ils disent :


What to Bring with You

Proof of current address
Proof of DOB
Valid ID issued in Canada by a Canadian Government Agency which includes a photo ID


You will also need to present a second form of ID from the list below:

Canadian Credit Card
SIN card
Provincial ID or Age of Majority Card
Citizenship Card
Native Status Card
Senior Citizens Card
Armed Forces ID
University Student ID
Passport
Wireless Invoice (for upgrades)





Donc la carte de credit n'est pas obligatoire non ?
accounti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:06 PM   #17
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020
 
aziatiklover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by accounti View Post
En france il faut aussi un compte bancaire mais sur le site d'apple canada ils disent :


What to Bring with You

Proof of current address
Proof of DOB
Valid ID issued in Canada by a Canadian Government Agency which includes a photo ID


You will also need to present a second form of ID from the list below:

Canadian Credit Card
SIN card
Provincial ID or Age of Majority Card
Citizenship Card
Native Status Card
Senior Citizens Card
Armed Forces ID
University Student ID
Passport
Wireless Invoice (for upgrades)





Donc la carte de credit n'est pas obligatoire non ?
Hint you will also need! Apres tu vois canadian credit card!
__________________
ppleholic
aziatiklover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:09 PM   #18
accounti
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
Hint you will also need! Apres tu vois canadian credit card!

Oui mais il y a marqué "a second form from the list below" ! donc un element de la liste suivante donc si j'ai un autre element c'est bon
accounti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:45 PM   #19
accounti
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Anyone else ?
accounti is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
at&t changing terms of contract, is past contract still binding? rijowysock iPhone 15 Sep 15, 2013 02:31 AM
iPhone contract advice (Canada) cdubb80 iPhone 11 Jul 19, 2013 07:19 AM
Unlocked iPhone 4 Off-Contract for Father, Waiting to Renew Contract Chocolatemilty iPhone 0 Dec 14, 2012 07:21 PM
Can you add an out of contract iphone to a family plan w/o starting contract? StangGT909 iPhone 6 Sep 26, 2012 09:35 AM
Which option??? iPhone 5 w/ 2yr contract? Or keep 4s & finish 1yr contract? Big.Mac.Daddy iPhone 6 Sep 16, 2012 09:56 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC