Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That's capitalism for you, supply and demand. Clearly the seller thinks people are willing to spend the inflated price. I have no problem with the action, but that doesn't mean I'd be willing to spend the $$ on it.

greenchiliman

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2010
Chicago
I wish Amazon would default to "Amazon Only" sales and allow 3rd party as an option. I know how to filter everything but my wife and parents constantly tell me about these "great deals" they see and always turn out to be 3rd party.

Absolutely happens to me as well. A family member will order something that is non-prime, then it will cost postage plus restocking fee to get 70% of the price.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I don't understand why so many people do not understand that products sold directly by Amazon state "Ships and sold by Amazon," and that everything else, whether Amazon ships it or not is sold by 3rd party and priced by that 3rd party, not Amazon.

The same reason politicians spend billions every election to advertise on the radio, TV and print media. (Many) People will chose believe anything they see, regardless of what's logical and realistic.

----------

That's capitalism for you, supply and demand. Clearly the seller thinks people are willing to spend the inflated price. I have no problem with the action, but that doesn't mean I'd be willing to spend the $$ on it.

I've bought new products for higher than retail before... nothing wrong with a business trying to capitalize on demand. Tho Americans say "corporate greed" yet if they had 10 of the iPads and 100 customers lined up wanting them, do you think they wouldn't try to get as much as they could too? Hypocrites.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.