Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
MSCRIV, thanks for not playing Luck or Leshoure today :p

Yep, I bought the Stafford hype after his big performance the week before. As for Leshoure, I actually believe in him, but all of the prognosticators scared me away with all of their talk about Bell and the emphasis on the passing game. I really need to learn to go with my gut more.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Yep, I bought the Stafford hype after his big performance the week before. As for Leshoure, I actually believe in him, but all of the prognosticators scared me away with all of their talk about Bell and the emphasis on the passing game. I really need to learn to go with my gut more.

I would have done the same thing with Stafford. No way do you sit him against the Jags, and have Luck go against one of the better defenses in the league, or so we thought. I was thinking about replacing Ryan with Cutler, but I didnt come to the conclusion in time.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Quite the display of character by Ryan Fitzpatrick as he heroically claws his way back up to '0' points for the first quarter. Meanwhile, benched Phil Rivers has already notched up two touchdowns in the same period.

Bloody useless Meffs. :D

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Quite the display of character by Ryan Fitzpatrick as he heroically claws his way back up to '0' points for the first quarter. Meanwhile, benched Phil Rivers has already notched up two touchdowns in the same period.

Yeah, I dont know why Fitzpatrick is in there instead of Rivers. Ill take it though :D

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Quite the display of character by Ryan Fitzpatrick as he heroically claws his way back up to '0' points for the first quarter.

I love you, and I legitimately LOL'd. :D You have made this frustrating MR league season infinitely more entertaining.

And a hearty FU to Michael Turner for your pathetic 1 point effort today. Really? I mean, I just earned more yards walking from my bedroom to the kitchen at halftime. :rolleyes:

----------

Im going to start blowing the team up and raiding the dumpsters for parts.

My WR group seems to enjoy messing with me. Whichever of them I sit ends up scoring 15+, and inevitably one of the starters scores < 5. Every week. You have to laugh (or punch things).

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I love you, and I legitimately LOL'd. :D You have made this frustrating MR league season infinitely more entertaining.

And a hearty FU to Michael Turner for your pathetic 1 point effort today. Really? I mean, I just earned more yards walking from my bedroom to the kitchen at halftime. :rolleyes:

----------

My WR group seems to enjoy messing with me. Whichever of them I sit ends up scoring 15+, and inevitably one of the starters scores < 5. Every week. You have to laugh (or punch things).
Lets go with punch.:p

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Somehow I wasn't subscribed to this thread but I was subscribed to the iOS league thread. :confused:

My boys broke 200 for the first time this year, should bring me up to .500 at least. :)

Your happiness is my pain. It's 208 - 34 right now, but with Arian, Matt Schaub, and the Texans defense still to play, there's a chance for a comeback - Arian only has to rush for 500 with 8 TD's, Schaub has to throw for 5 more, and the Defense has to score 2 or 3 of their own. We got this. ;)

And...if not, you owe me a shot of Jager. :D

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Thanks a lot for your win this week commish, cause it gives me a two game lead in the division with three games remaining. Hopefully I can get one more next week to lock up the division and get closer to a bye week in the playoffs.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
Thanks a lot for your win this week commish, cause it gives me a two game lead in the division with three games remaining. Hopefully I can get one more next week to lock up the division and get closer to a bye week in the playoffs.

Wait. There are standings??? I didn't realize we were actually keeping score. I wonder how my team is doing? :confused:

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Wait. There are standings??? I didn't realize we were actually keeping score. I wonder how my team is doing? :confused:

:D I think the problem with your team is those hideous uniforms you saddled them with. No one looks good in pinstripes, my friend.

My team has fallen off a cliff :rolleyes:. Cam has turned to be a bust...

This season has not been kind to a lot of the FF stars from last season. I originally thought my MR team would be stronger, but I got lucky with some breakout stars in my Yahoo league (Doug Martin, etc.) and it's not even close. The luck factor helps me be less annoyed about the whole thing, embrace it. ;)

As an aside, I really dislike the waiver system in ESPN leagues.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
No one looks good in pinstripes, my friend.
Michael Turner, in pinstripes:

_46177604_turner282.jpg

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
:D I think the problem with your team is those hideous uniforms you saddled them with. No one looks good in pinstripes, my friend.

:eek:

LIES!

Michael Turner, in pinstripes:

View attachment 376870

Thanks, Jaffa. The Queen will be happier when she can admit to herself that she's a closet Pinstripe fan. ;)

What do you not like? Is it the wait, the way the order is done, or something else?

I'm pretty sure she hates the fact that I keep getting the 1st pick every week. :eek:

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
What do you not like? Is it the wait, the way the order is done, or something else?

I hate the wait, yes. I'm fine with losing records getting first dibs, it's only fair, but I hate that you have to wait from Monday night until Thursday to make any waiver claims. Also, if someone releases a player on Saturday, he's unavailable until the following week on Thursday night. Lame.

Thanks, Jaffa. The Queen will be happier when she can admit to herself that she's a closet Pinstripe fan. ;)

Ugh, I'd rather root for the Miami Heat. :p

Moyank24 said:
I'm pretty sure she hates the fact that I keep getting the 1st pick every week. :eek:

No, it's honestly just the waiting period, and the fact that if someone gets released on Saturday it's almost a week before he can be picked up. It feels slow. And I'm not picking last or anything, believe m. :p

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I hate the wait, yes. I'm fine with losing records getting first dibs, it's only fair, but I hate that you have to wait from Monday night until Thursday to make any waiver claims. Also, if someone releases a player on Saturday, he's unavailable until the following week on Thursday night. Lame.

Ugh, I'd rather root for the Miami Heat. :p

No, it's honestly just the waiting period, and the fact that if someone gets released on Saturday it's almost a week before he can be picked up. It feels slow. And I'm not picking last or anything, believe m. :p
I agree the waiver period is too long.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I hate the wait, yes. I'm fine with losing records getting first dibs, it's only fair, but I hate that you have to wait from Monday night until Thursday to make any waiver claims.

I agree the waiver period is too long.

I'm open to changing it next year. I think it feels different this year because for the first time the NFL is having games every Thursday night all season long. This definitely affects the waiver system.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The Trade Deadline is coming up next week so I thought I would remind everyone that if you want to do any "wheelin' and dealin'" then now is your last chance to do so.

Here's some thoughts on trading from ESPN's Matthew Berry:

I hate, hate, hate the veto. It's the coward's way out. If I was suddenly made the ruler of all things fantasy, there would never be a veto except in cases of obvious, provable collusion. And in that case, only the commissioner or host website for the league should wield that power.

Understand these two key things: The art of negotiating is a skill in fantasy. That's part of running a fantasy team. A huge part, in fact. It's a skill that is admired and sought after in real-life general managers, so why should this be any different?

And second, it is not your job to coach someone else's team. I don't care if you think that tight end isn't nearly enough for that quarterback/running back combo. The only thing that matters is that the guy getting the tight end thinks so. Everyone should be allowed -- encouraged, in fact -- to coach their own team. Even if it's stupidly.Because I have news for you. No one ever knows. I remember one of the first email flame wars I got into about a trade I made just after the draft one year, still in the preseason. In my longtime league with all my college buddies (a dynasty league), I traded a package of players for, in essence, Brett Favre, then one of the best quarterbacks in fantasy. It was a depth-for-a-superstar deal, perfectly legit, but the league went nuts because the only quarterback the guy was getting back was a recently promoted backup who had just got the job because the starter had been injured in preseason.

I argued the point of the deal was to give him depth at running back and wide receiver, which is what the guy said he wanted. He was happy, I was happy, what's the issue? On and on they complained. Until about Week 3 or 4, when they realized the backup quarterback I had dealt, Kurt Warner, was embarking upon his 1999 "Greatest Show on Turf" season, and would be better than Favre would ever be.

No one has argued about a trade in that league since.

I'll say it again. As long as both teams feel the deal helps their team, regardless of whether you agree, it MUST GO THROUGH. I especially can't stand the people who block a trade just because it doesn't involve them or because it's part of their "strategy" to block other teams from improving. That's the coward's way out and you're a scummy, spineless punk if you do that.

I've said it before, will say it again. Win on the virtual field, not by manipulating the rules.

Our trade rules follow what Berry has outlined above. If there are any questions then please let me know. :)

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
EVERYONE ON MY TEAM IS AVAILABLE!!

However, instead of taking players back (let's face it - the second they are put on my roster they will trip over their shoelaces and tear their ACL/MCL or they will get beat up by that mean Liz Franc lady) I'll be accepting gifts.

Here are a few hints if you don't know me very well:

I'm a Yankees fan and I like brunettes. ;) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.