Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:34 PM   #1226
Vitrum
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Wow ! I dont understand, why my order is on backorder

Vitrum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:35 PM   #1227
ChazUK
macrumors 603
 
ChazUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Essex (UK)
How on earth did Google and LG cock up on this level of demand?

The price is perfect & the hardware is good. They've either under produced or vastly underestimated interest in this phone.

Unbelievable.
__________________
Windows 8 Desktop | HP Chromebook 11 | Moto G GPE | LG G Watch | iPhone 4s | iPad Mini Retina | Asus MemoPad ME176C
ChazUK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:36 PM   #1228
Vitrum
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
These is my order time:

Vitrum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:46 PM   #1229
onthecouchagain
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
That's terrible.

Google really blows at this.
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:53 PM   #1230
Vitrum
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
These really blows are you kidding me ? 3 damm weeks ! I think il just cancel the damm order, im gonna be in the states by the time they ship it
Vitrum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:53 PM   #1231
mattopotamus
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitrum View Post
These is my order time:

Image
i notice your time is 10:06 PST....I didn't even know they still had them in stock past about 8:45 PST
mattopotamus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:58 PM   #1232
jsw
Moderator emeritus
 
jsw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Andover, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitrum View Post
These really blows are you kidding me ? 3 damm weeks ! I think il just cancel the damm order, im gonna be in the states by the time they ship it
My condolences. It really sucks to see that they've screwed up ordering so much that even after you get an order confirmation they can't guarantee it. And the other sites show many of these emails have gone out. WTF, Google? it takes you two days to figure this out? Really?
__________________
You'll be the one moaning for me to give you some. - THC(taken out of context)
jsw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:01 PM   #1233
onthecouchagain
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/15/nexus-4-backordered/

Epic fail.
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:07 PM   #1234
THE JUICEMAN
macrumors 65816
 
THE JUICEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Wow I take back what I said about google not messing this up. If mine is back ordered that would be terrible. I would seriously consider the droid DNA again. I heard it is already rooted and can be flashed before the release. That means I could get a stock ROM. Hmm don't make me waiver google. I want to support this contract free pure google experience.
THE JUICEMAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:17 PM   #1235
onthecouchagain
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
They're waiving the shipping fee. Whoopty-doo.
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:21 PM   #1236
strausd
macrumors 68030
 
strausd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
you are battling me once again. next time i won't share. I even explained how amazon works also....and again you still don't seem to get it.

if you order on amazon at 9pm at night are you going to get the item the next day since you paid for overnight delivery?
The whole point I have been making is that Google is not being accurate with this. I have been comparing it to amazon because they are known for their 2 day shipping speeds. And this is nothing like that, which is why I brought it up in the first place.

You then brought up the difference between shipping speeds and process time, and I have no disagreement. But you quoted google as saying process time can take up to 2 days. It has been longer than 2 days, which is why I am sticking to my point of google being inaccurate.

I know how amazon delivery works, but your only example is irrelevant because we didn't order after the cut off time considering it went on sale on the west coast at I believe 8:40 in the morning, completely different from your previous example of later at night.

And if you really want to get technical, there are 3 parts to delivery. Processing, shipping, and delivery. Processing is the company getting the order in the first place. Shipping time is exactly what it sounds like. And delivery time is the time it takes UPS/FedEX or whoever to put it on your door step. When you get an order from amazon for 2 day shipping, you generally get an email that day saying that it "shipped." Does that mean it is on your doorstep? No, because that is not technically what shipping is. Shipping is, in this scenario, Amazon moving the item over to the carrier, and the carrier is in charge of delivery. So at that point Amazon says the item has shipped, but when you initially order something, it says 2 day shipping. Hence where the confusion comes from when talking about shipping packages because even Amazon is not consistent. So if we are talking about shipping in the more technical aspect, everybody who ordered a Nexus 4 should already have a tracking number because it has been more than 48 hours since we placed the order, meaning past the 2 day shipping time, meaning it should now be with the carrier.

You also have not yet responded to my question about what I did to deserve such rudeness and negative comments from you. I have done nothing wrong to you.
strausd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:03 PM   #1237
rmhop81
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by strausd View Post
The whole point I have been making is that Google is not being accurate with this. I have been comparing it to amazon because they are known for their 2 day shipping speeds. And this is nothing like that, which is why I brought it up in the first place.

You then brought up the difference between shipping speeds and process time, and I have no disagreement. But you quoted google as saying process time can take up to 2 days. It has been longer than 2 days, which is why I am sticking to my point of google being inaccurate.

I know how amazon delivery works, but your only example is irrelevant because we didn't order after the cut off time considering it went on sale on the west coast at I believe 8:40 in the morning, completely different from your previous example of later at night.

And if you really want to get technical, there are 3 parts to delivery. Processing, shipping, and delivery. Processing is the company getting the order in the first place. Shipping time is exactly what it sounds like. And delivery time is the time it takes UPS/FedEX or whoever to put it on your door step. When you get an order from amazon for 2 day shipping, you generally get an email that day saying that it "shipped." Does that mean it is on your doorstep? No, because that is not technically what shipping is. Shipping is, in this scenario, Amazon moving the item over to the carrier, and the carrier is in charge of delivery. So at that point Amazon says the item has shipped, but when you initially order something, it says 2 day shipping. Hence where the confusion comes from when talking about shipping packages because even Amazon is not consistent. So if we are talking about shipping in the more technical aspect, everybody who ordered a Nexus 4 should already have a tracking number because it has been more than 48 hours since we placed the order, meaning past the 2 day shipping time, meaning it should now be with the carrier.

You also have not yet responded to my question about what I did to deserve such rudeness and negative comments from you. I have done nothing wrong to you.
15-13=?

it's not irrelevant bc i paid for overnight shipping and i'm not getting it overnighted to me!!!

Google states delivery within 3-5 days

Order processing could be 7 days long and they could give you free overnight shipping. when do you think you are receiving the item?


how more accurate do they need to be? from the site.......

"In Stock
Delivered in 3-5 business days. Tax and shipping will be calculated at checkout.

Shipping time

All packages are delivered via UPS two-day shipping. However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email notification with a UPS tracking number. Your estimated time of delivery will be determined at the point that your order has been processed and shipped. It may take 24 hours for the UPS package tracking to return any information for your tracking number."

after you add the items to cart, right above the proceed to check out, it is highlighted that delivery is in 3-5 days.....
__________________
MBA|11.6"|128GB • iPad rMini|32GB|LTE • iPhone 5|16GB • Apple TV • Time Capsule

Last edited by rmhop81; Nov 15, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
rmhop81 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:05 PM   #1238
Oletros
macrumors 603
 
Oletros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Premiΰ de Mar
Yeeeeaaahhh, my phone has shipped from Madrid, I expect that it will arrive tomorrow to Barcelona
Oletros is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:06 PM   #1239
onthecouchagain
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Google should really offer a $25 Play Store gift card or something for this debacle.

According to XDA forums, there are hundreds of people who got these emails.
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:15 PM   #1240
strausd
macrumors 68030
 
strausd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
15-13=?
Quote:
However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment.
It has been longer. So yes, 15-13 = 2. But what does that matter when Google isn't sticking to their word? Even more so, people got their orders in and got the same 2 day shipping, now they are waiting 3 weeks. More of Google not sticking to their word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
it's not irrelevant bc i paid for overnight shipping and i'm not getting it overnighted to me!!!
It is irrelevant because the idea behind it is that after a certain cut off time, the package won't do anything until the next day. And we were far away from the cut off time, thus irrelevant.

And I never made any notion about overnight shipping, nor did Google. Even more evidence showing that what you are saying is completely irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
Google states delivery within 3-5 days
I have been talking about their shipping estimates for the most part, which have been inaccurate. Not once have I said that there is no way Google will make the 3-5 day delivery estimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
Order processing could be 7 days long
Really? Then why did you say this earlier:

Quote:
However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment.
You are now going against your word. Say something and stick to it instead of backtracking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
how more accurate do they need to be? from the site.......
Quote:
However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment.
Exactly, they say up to 2 days to process. 1 day = 24 hours. 2 days = 48 hours. Hours since I ordered > 48 hours. Thus they are not being accurate. I have gotten no updates saying they have shipped or processed my order and it has been longer than what they said and what you continually quote. That is how they are being inaccurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
you are battling me once again. next time i won't share.
Going against your word again?

And for the third time, maybe fourth, I lost count, you have not told me what I said to you to deserve such rudeness and negative comments from you earlier.
strausd is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:15 PM   #1241
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Am I glad that I didn't sell off my GS2. I'm really interested in seeing how many Nexus 4's were ordered.
dalbir4444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:22 PM   #1242
rmhop81
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by strausd View Post
It has been longer. So yes, 15-13 = 2. But what does that matter when Google isn't sticking to their word? Even more so, people got their orders in and got the same 2 day shipping, now they are waiting 3 weeks. More of Google not sticking to their word.



It is irrelevant because the idea behind it is that after a certain cut off time, the package won't do anything until the next day. And we were far away from the cut off time, thus irrelevant.

And I never made any notion about overnight shipping, nor did Google. Even more evidence showing that what you are saying is completely irrelevant.


I have been talking about their shipping estimates for the most part, which have been inaccurate. Not once have I said that there is no way Google will make the 3-5 day delivery estimate.


Really? Then why did you say this earlier:


You are now going against your word. Say something and stick to it instead of backtracking.




Exactly, they say up to 2 days to process. 1 day = 24 hours. 2 days = 48 hours. Hours since I ordered > 48 hours. Thus they are not being accurate. I have gotten no updates saying they have shipped or processed my order and it has been longer than what they said and what you continually quote. That is how they are being inaccurate.


Going against your word again?

And for the third time, maybe fourth, I lost count, you have not told me what I said to you to deserve such rudeness and negative comments from you earlier.
business day buddy not 24hour exact day.

However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment.

"You are now going against your word. Say something and stick to it instead of backtracking."

lol that is like the 3rd time i posted that and it came directly from their site. i'm not wasting time replying anymore when you don't understand the difference between order processing and shipping.

To help your cause...look up business days and quit using exact hours.

Also, just bc you ordered doesn't mean your order immediately goes into order processing. depending on time cutoff it may not be until the next day. but that doesn't matter to you....

Enjoy your nexus 4.....oh wait...
__________________
MBA|11.6"|128GB • iPad rMini|32GB|LTE • iPhone 5|16GB • Apple TV • Time Capsule

Last edited by rmhop81; Nov 15, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
rmhop81 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:42 PM   #1243
strausd
macrumors 68030
 
strausd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
business day buddy not 24hour exact day.

However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment.

"You are now going against your word. Say something and stick to it instead of backtracking."

lol that is like the 3rd time i posted that and it came directly from their site. i'm not wasting time replying anymore when you don't understand the difference between order processing and shipping.

To help your cause...look up business days and quit using exact hours.

Also, just bc you ordered doesn't mean your order immediately goes into order processing. depending on time cutoff it may not be until the next day. but that doesn't matter to you....

Enjoy your nexus 4.....oh wait...
If a business day is 9-5, that is a total of 8 hours. So 2 of those makes 16 hours. It has been longer than 16 business hours, meaning longer than 16 business days. So what is happening is going against what you are saying.

You said you wouldn't respond before either, yet here you are, going against your word.... again.

And I just explained to you business days. And even though everything that is happening is going against what you are saying, you still feel the need to keep going and +1 your own posts when you wrongly accused me of doing so. Interesting...

So now your word is it takes up to two business days to process the order, but we won't process it until another day. So following what you are saying: 1 day before processing + 2 days processing + 1 day of additional processing considering googles inaccuracy that is being proven now + 2 days of shipping before delivery = 6 days. Guess what, that is longer than Googles estimated 3-5 days. Once again, inaccurate. Yet you stick to it. Gotta give you points for persistence.

By the way, my order was at 8:44 PST. That is before the 9-5 typical business day. So it has indeed been longer than 2 business days.

And more rudeness and negative comments, again. What have I said to you that deserves it? Or are you going to continually ignore this part of my post and you have done previously?

And I plan on enjoying my Nexus 4 when it arrives. But following what you have been saying, it will not arrive according to what Google has said.
strausd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:01 PM   #1244
rmhop81
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by strausd View Post
If a business day is 9-5, that is a total of 8 hours. So 2 of those makes 16 hours. It has been longer than 16 business hours, meaning longer than 16 business days. So what is happening is going against what you are saying.

You said you wouldn't respond before either, yet here you are, going against your word.... again.

And I just explained to you business days. And even though everything that is happening is going against what you are saying, you still feel the need to keep going and +1 your own posts when you wrongly accused me of doing so. Interesting...

So now your word is it takes up to two business days to process the order, but we won't process it until another day. So following what you are saying: 1 day before processing + 2 days processing + 1 day of additional processing considering googles inaccuracy that is being proven now + 2 days of shipping before delivery = 6 days. Guess what, that is longer than Googles estimated 3-5 days. Once again, inaccurate. Yet you stick to it. Gotta give you points for persistence.

By the way, my order was at 8:44 PST. That is before the 9-5 typical business day. So it has indeed been longer than 2 business days.

And more rudeness and negative comments, again. What have I said to you that deserves it? Or are you going to continually ignore this part of my post and you have done previously?

And I plan on enjoying my Nexus 4 when it arrives. But following what you have been saying, it will not arrive according to what Google has said.
whatever floats your boat man.....obviously you are right since you received your notification email.

oh wait.....never mind.

I was just trying to help which is why i shared. next time i will not share since people like you are going to argue down to the hours and minutes.

Be patient and enjoy your wait!
__________________
MBA|11.6"|128GB • iPad rMini|32GB|LTE • iPhone 5|16GB • Apple TV • Time Capsule
rmhop81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:03 PM   #1245
Vitrum
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
God dammit continue that **** over pm or stop with the text-wall and keep it short lol

Anyway yeah seems im not alone in the backorder train, really hate these !
Vitrum is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:13 PM   #1246
Tig Bitties
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
So no new stock for 3 weeks from now Did LG and Google really screw this launch up I am curious what will happen, once it's back in stock on the Play store ? I bet it's sold out right away again.

Maybe LG blew the expectations on the quantities expected to sell at launch ? And they are no Samsung manufacturing powerhouse, that can handle a huge surge of orders. Maybe LG just doesn't have the power to keep up with a million new Nexus 4's, only expecting to sell several hundred thousand ? I don't know.

This reminds me, of the old video card days, doing a paper launch of a new hot device, with extreme limited supply at first, taking a good couple months to have a healthy stock available for all.

I am in need of a new phone, I like the Nexus line. My options are buy it off Craigslist for extra $150 premium, or just say F it, and get the Note II ?
Tig Bitties is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:21 PM   #1247
onthecouchagain
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitrum View Post
God dammit continue that **** over pm or stop with the text-wall and keep it short lol

Anyway yeah seems im not alone in the backorder train, really hate these !
You're very not alone. Hundreds of people complaining on XDA and Reddit. A lot of tech blogs/sites are running the story too. It's a big issue.

Google fumbled with the pre-release/review units, then royally messed up the launch (in every way. The order process, the processing process...). It'll recover eventually and the Nexus branding is still going to grow, but boy is this a terrible start.
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:27 PM   #1248
mattopotamus
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig Bitties View Post
So no new stock for 3 weeks from now Did LG and Google really screw this launch up I am curious what will happen, once it's back in stock on the Play store ? I bet it's sold out right away again.

Maybe LG blew the expectations on the quantities expected to sell at launch ? And they are no Samsung manufacturing powerhouse, that can handle a huge surge of orders. Maybe LG just doesn't have the power to keep up with a million new Nexus 4's, only expecting to sell several hundred thousand ? I don't know.

This reminds me, of the old video card days, doing a paper launch of a new hot device, with extreme limited supply at first, taking a good couple months to have a healthy stock available for all.

I am in need of a new phone, I like the Nexus line. My options are buy it off Craigslist for extra $150 premium, or just say F it, and get the Note II ?
That 3 week time is for some people who ordered within 30 minutes of it going on sale! I expect it will be mid January before anyone else would get one since initial orders are so far back.
mattopotamus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:44 PM   #1249
THE JUICEMAN
macrumors 65816
 
THE JUICEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Just talked to google play. They said since I ordered early at 11:37 AND I only ordered one that I was not likely to be in the 3 week delayed shipment crowd. She said it mostly applies to people that ordered more than one nexus 4. I hope she's right.
THE JUICEMAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:44 PM   #1250
F123D
macrumors 68040
 
F123D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Ouch google.. look what you're doing.. you're making people turn on each other.

I'm kind of glad I just chose a different phone and stuck with it. Not sure how I would handle this if I was in your guys situation.
__________________
Jailbroken iPhone 3G -> Jailbroken iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> Galaxy Note II -> Nexus 5
F123D is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you think the iPhone 6's contract price will raise to $299 TantalizedMind iPhone 20 May 7, 2014 02:05 PM
iphone 6 to be $299 on contract? SestoElemento iPhone 1 Apr 14, 2014 10:03 AM
Moto X, LG G2, Note 3 ONLY $199/$299 off contract on Amazon nfl46 Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 53 Nov 8, 2013 08:42 PM
tablets: New Nexus 7 (Merged) Truefan31 Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 814 Nov 6, 2013 07:40 AM
Google Announces $199 Nexus 7 Tablet, $299 Nexus Q Media Streamer MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 553 Oct 23, 2012 10:13 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC