Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anvil Image

macrumors member
May 17, 2011
They're combing orders for valid invitation addresses....

Attachments

• Sector5-No-Invite.jpg
    Sector5-No-Invite.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 64

Pap

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2008
They're combing orders for valid invitation addresses....

Mine was combed, i guess. I called up after I ordered mine through one of the invitations posted here because a color wasn't showing up in my order status. They said I ordered through another invitation and bumped me to the 26th. Was supposed to be shipped on or around the 15th. No biggie really... Just a heads up to some.

terminus123

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
Mine was combed, i guess. I called up after I ordered mine through one of the invitations posted here because a color wasn't showing up in my order status. They said I ordered through another invitation and bumped me to the 26th. Was supposed to be shipped on or around the 15th. No biggie really... Just a heads up to some.

Same-- I ordered through another's link. I'm fine if they bump my order but if they cancel it.....:mad:

BoomstickMafia

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2012

That's pretty lame! If they're going to be strict about the links, then it should only be valid for the person to whom it was sent. Otherwise, it should be like a place holder. If i got in line, finally decide I don't want it and want to give my spot away, there's no harm done to the people behind me. To bump you to another shipping date says they somewhat endorse sharing of order invites.

Pap

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2008
That's pretty lame! If they're going to be strict about the links, then it should only be valid for the person to whom it was sent. Otherwise, it should be like a place holder. If i got in line, finally decide I don't want it and want to give my spot away, there's no harm done to the people behind me. To bump you to another shipping date says they somewhat endorse sharing of order invites.

Just to clarify, I literally got my invitation the day I called them so, they bumped me to my invitation date. I bet if I didn't have an invitation, It would have been cancelled or delayed even further. Also, I ordered from one of the invitations someone posted publicly here. I bet that invitation was inundated.

superstardj

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
NC
Mine has went from initiated to picked up. Ill be stalking the FedEx man in the morning that's for sure, good thing they usually deliver to my office before noon.

This has been some wait let me tell you....the only thing recently I've been this excited about is my new Thinkpad T430 which I also had to wait over a month for lol (custom from Lenovo, fastest core i5, backlit keyboard, ultimate N wifi card....added 16gb ram and 2 Samsung 830 series SSD as well as a gobi 4000, upgraded screen, ultrbay adapter and 9 cell battery)

Will post again when in transit.

BoomstickMafia

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2012
Mine did not ship today, but I can confirm they were checking orders against their pre-order sign up list.

On the order details page, it shows:

Order#: 12xxxx Order Placed: October 31, 2012 at 3:49:00 PM PST
Order Status: Processing
Order Comments: 11/13/12 - confirmed on list/13. sc

BoomstickMafia

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2012
If anyone was holding out for the Sector 5 in a Nickel series, good news!

Posted today in the comments of one of ECs blogs:

Ray Southards November 13, 2012 at 8:14 pm
Any idea if or when nickle version will be available?

ecadmin November 15, 2012 at 1:09 pm
If? Probably… :rolleyes: When?! Sorry….

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
I would almost bet they have shipped most of them. I have ordered from them before and actually got the shipping notice after the case had arrived! No kidding. So dont be surprised if they are already on their way. Like someone said earlier, they checked the orders with the invites so if you had an invite and did it like you were supposed to I bet some show tomorrow. If you used someone else's you may have to wait another week or so.

superstardj

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
NC
Yeah I feel your pain if mine didn't ship today I'd probably be on top of a building somewhere with an AR15 lol (well it wouldn't have been that bad)

Can't believe a dang phone case has made us this crazy!!!

----------

Broomstickmafia - did you have a legit email? What day did you order.

Oh man a nickel edition huh? Oh boy time to start saving again lol

If anyone here needs a vapor pro gunmetal and silver that's in mint shape with transit case, speed wrench, all screws, suede backplate and original box pm me i really need to sell it.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Doubt they would cancel an order that's like throwing profit down the toilet, if they cancelled mine I wouldn't order another and wait for a cheaper aluminum case that works to come out.

Swayzee

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
Mine says "11/14 added check box for shipping date to order. " wth does that mean? Was suppose to ship today. :mad:

BoomstickMafia

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2012
Mine says "11/14 added check box for shipping date to order. " wth does that mean? Was suppose to ship today. :mad:

It was not supposed to ship today. Says to begin shipping on 11/15. Not all cases in that batch will ship on the same day. I believe it will take 2-3 days to ship them all out. Maybe more this time because this is by far their largest shipment to date.

Yours seems to be ahead of mine. Mine says "11/13/12 - confirmed on list/13. sc" So, yeah, I'd like to see check box for shipping on mine! lol

All I know is that mine better ship on or before Monday. I am leaving town on Wed so if it ships Tuesday, I won't even get the damn thing. lol FedEx will ship it back to them.

Swayzee

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
It was not supposed to ship today. Says to begin shipping on 11/15. Not all cases in that batch will ship on the same day. I believe it will take 2-3 days to ship them all out. Maybe more this time because this is by far their largest shipment to date.

Yours seems to be ahead of mine. Mine says "11/13/12 - confirmed on list/13. sc" So, yeah, I'd like to see check box for shipping on mine! lol

All I know is that mine better ship on or before Monday. I am leaving town on Wed so if it ships Tuesday, I won't even get the damn thing. lol FedEx will ship it back to them.

Thanks. Didn't exactly know what it meant. Well hopefully I get a shipping notification tomorrow. I'm as excited for this case as I am for my iPhone coming on Tuesday. Haha. How sad.

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
I put 2 orders with my same link a couple of days apart, the first one doesn't have the memo, but the second one says "Confirmed on list/7. sc". That's weird

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.