Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djfjeff

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2011
Quebec
Does anyone have any solution for this problem? This is really annoying as I want to use Safari for the iCloud tabs and Reading list...

djfjeff

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2011
Quebec
The problem seems to persist in Safari 6.0.1 and OS X 10.8.2 with the latest EFI update for yesterday...

Sad, I would really like to use Safari iCloud tab...

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I'm not seeing anything wrong with MacRumors rendering. What should I be looking for? I see no lines, either black or white.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I'm not seeing anything wrong with MacRumors rendering. What should I be looking for? I see no lines, either black or white.

It is a CSS rendering error in Safari. You can see it here in my screenshot. The same page in Chrome does not show that line.

Not a big deal on MR, but some other sites display the same thing as a longer, dark line and it is annoying.

irWMsRVL59rxh.png

dixido

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
I am seeing the same glitches on my 2012 MBA. I just reported this to Apple, hoping that quantity counts. ;)

emir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2008
Istanbul
having the exactly same issue. mid 2010 15" macbook pro.

not that big of a deal though. 10.8.2 btw

VladKunts

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2012
I have same problem on my Macbook Pro Retina 15' (Mountain Lion)
Has anyone found a solution?

Bennytsmithjr

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
I have same problem on my Macbook Pro Retina 15' (Mountain Lion)
Has anyone found a solution?

Everything was fine until 2 days ago.... I think it started occuring after the most recent ML Update...... I have an appointment with Apple this saturday.

tizy

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2007
Louisville, KY
Wierd Graphical glitch in Safari; seen it?

This is the answer...

This is correct. I only have noticed it in the MacRumors Headers of new articles.... When I disable the 'Automatic Graphics Switching' under Energy in System Preferences and refresh Safari my GeForce 450 displays correctly... it is an issue with the Intel Graphics 4000. (15" MacBook Pro Retina)

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
This is correct. I only have noticed it in the MacRumors Headers of new articles.... When I disable the 'Automatic Graphics Switching' under Energy in System Preferences and refresh Safari my GeForce 450 displays correctly... it is an issue with the Intel Graphics 4000. (15" MacBook Pro Retina)

How do you accomplish this, I have no such settings in Energy panel.
thanks-

Same issues as others describe btw.

noiseordinance

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012
I'm having the issues mentioned on three separate rMBPs and it's driving me completely insane. I'm curious if any of you could post the major software you are using. Personally, I have Office 2011, Photoshop CS6, Chrome, Cinch and Beamer. I'm paranoid about Office 2011 since it requires shutting down Safari during the installation process; perhaps a file is getting corrupted? Fresh out of the box, Safari works fine, but within a day or two, the problems creep back up and ruin my browsing experience. I can't imagine Apple technicians are this blind.

dsdxp

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2011
Michigan
Happens with me too. I have a MacBook Air 13" (latest model). The main website I notice the issues on is imore.com. As you scroll down, you'll notice vertical lines start to appear in the titles of articles... they sometimes blink or go away, some stay and sort of flicker when you move your mouse over them.

Chrome and Firefox work totally fine.

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Same issues here. Latest version of OS X and reset Safari as well. Hopefully it gets fixed with the next update.

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
Mac Mini 2.3 i7, running 10.8.2. I removed the flash plug-ins and turned off Safari sync in iCloud settings. It seems to have resolved the quirkiness in Safari. Might not need to kill flash, but I felt better doing it anyway. When I need flash, I use Chrome since it's built in.

Hope this helps.

Penderworth

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Portland
Mac Mini 2.3 i7, running 10.8.2. I removed the flash plug-ins and turned off Safari sync in iCloud settings. It seems to have resolved the quirkiness in Safari. Might not need to kill flash, but I felt better doing it anyway. When I need flash, I use Chrome since it's built in.

Hope this helps.

Interesting. I'll be sure to try it.

erio

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2004

Hope this helps.

Flash is not installed in my MBA, yet I still get the vertical lines. :(

maryfumster

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012

Hope this helps.

This is not fix the problem for me. The bug still here.

oldapplefan1

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
I'm SO ANGRY on Apple!!! For 4 fu** month this problem is this problem annoys me every day!

Can I change browser: yes, I can, but i don't want, because I have to use it.

I'm web developer and I can't work, i can't create and fix css code, because I see this ugly rough shapes and the extra vertical lines.

I'm fu** so angry, because I contact with Apple 3 times and today is 25 Jan 2013, after 4 month problem is not fixed. Did none of the staff or management Apple has Mac with Intel Graphics 4000? Does not anyone at Apple does not use Safari on Mountain Lion? So what the hell, no one pays attention to this problem???

I spend my last savings on this MacBook Pro, I always uses to see perfect quality in Apple products, but now I have this piece of junk.

I start think that if Steve Jobs was still alive, this would not have happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.