Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrygian

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
OMG! Something is ALWAYS happening in the world. Get over yourself.

I have family living in New Jersey, even a cousin living in hard-hit Hoboken, NJ. They're fine. I can't go out there right now, I have to continue living my life. I'm not buying an iPad mini, but have no issue at all with people buying them.

You sir...... Its not like he is mentioning a product that sold out at a store in australia... Its the 5th avenue store that's just a mile from blacked out areas...

seeing people stand in line for a POS mac product when ever other line in the city is waiting for food or gas, is in fact gluttony.

Last edited:

IconicM

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
Houston, Tx
If you are in doubts, go to apple store and look at one.

I agree. I was a bit skeptical about it, but just holding the stupid thing and it starts to grow on you. So light, edges so thin!! For a device that will mainly be a consumption device and than can be a do-it-all in a pinch, this seems to be the perfect size.

If you do productivity stuff and need the real estate, then obviously the 10" is the first choice, but I quickly became keen on the little guy.

I also went to the Microsoft store to have a look. The Surface seems pretty nice too. They seem to have put some good thought into the hardware, seems high quality too. Screen was responsive. RT seemed a little weird, not a fan of the tiles but maybe need to spend some more time with it to become familiar.

Note to Microsoft: Hurry up and get Office for iOS out already!!

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
Holding off for my first iPad because you just know in 6 months they'll roll out iPad mini with retina and A6 chip ...while the iPad 5 will have something like "mega retina" and an A6.2318172043 chip

Last edited:

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Agreed. The Mini may well become my first iPad, but only after the second or third iteration in Apple's planned obsolescence scheme. By then, they will have gotten it sufficiently right to be worth owning for a while.

jouster

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Connecticut
For me, it's a sweet device in pretty much every way except the screen. Unlike Gruber, I can't get past its paltry resolution.

Once they bump that, and my first-gen iPad craps out, I'm there.

In the meantime, a Kindle Paperwhite is headed my way!

greenmeanie

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
AmigaWarez
Typical NY'ers.
They will beg the rest of us TAX Payers to pay for repairs to their state but they will go buy a MINI which they could of gave that money to the victims.
But I guess it is only Stealing when it is their money and not others money being stolen in the form of TAXES!

Last edited:

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
So you can't use a tablet with a .9 inch smaller screen because it's "too small."

I guess that means you must use at least a Galaxy S3 or Note 2 because the iphone 5 screen is too small. Afterall, it's .8 inches smaller.

The Nexus 7 screen is much smaller yet the device is about the same size as the iPad mini. That was my point.

imageWIS

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
NYC
Internet capable devices (phones mostly) like the iPad have empowered this generation of people unlike any before it. Social media has helped revolutionize the mideast.

Besides, why not apply your 'don't buy an iPad - feed the homeless' theory to evening? Do you buy your kids a toy or two for christmas? How dare you? You should instead use that money to feed homeless kids. Don't go to movies either, or buy an ice cream cone, or do ANYTHING more than what's absolutly essential for you to survive, and use the REST of your resources helping the homeless!!!

My point went so over your head, its unbelievably sad.

----------

Starving? It's been 4 days! No ones had time to starve yet.

Homeless and powerless? Yeah, very much so. Though since this article pertains to a sell out in Manhattan, I'm taking it as a bunch of people, bored and listless due to the lack of power and transportation, figured "...hey, why not", and grabbed one for themselves.

You have no idea WTF you are babbling on about and before you respond with some more nonsense, I'm in NYC so I'm on the 'ground floor' of the disaster.

pavanluvin

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2008
NYC
Have you really tried one....there's some incredibly sad people on these forums...:rolleyes:

How do you find being a MacRumors newbie?

Not sure why I even bothered responding to this post really.

I'm sorry, I've been a member longer than you have. I just don't post about every little thing. Yes, I had tried one. I bought 2 of them that morning. Calm down.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.