Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illippinno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Hey guys, so I've been trying to locate a black iPad mini 32gb and my local Apple Store, Best Buy, Walmart, etc and so far, no luck. I need to have one by 11/30 for a birthday gift, and I was wondering if anyone recently ordered a mini and if the shipping estimate is pretty accurate, or has anyone gotten theirs sooner?

Thanks!

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
Hey guys, so I've been trying to locate a black iPad mini 32gb and my local Apple Store, Best Buy, Walmart, etc and so far, no luck. I need to have one by 11/30 for a birthday gift, and I was wondering if anyone recently ordered a mini and if the shipping estimate is pretty accurate, or has anyone gotten theirs sooner?

Thanks!

Did you try target? I am in Los Angeles and target had a pretty good stock on them last week. You might want to try target

Also you might want to try the store Mac Mall people are saying that they got them through Mac Mall like in 2 to 3 day shipping go on the website Appleinsider and look for the phone number or just Google the phone number for Mac Mall and tell them that you're from Apple insider website I think they might even get like a little bit of discount

ALMF

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
I ordered a mini and it originaly said that the estimated delivery date would be on Tuesday the 27th, today I received and email saying that it is shipping with a delivery date of Friday the 23rd. 4 days earlier than original estimate.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Cannot speak for Apple stores but a clerk in Best Buy checked the warehouse for Minis and none of any color and gb size were available. Not to say that would be the same everywhere for best buy but ....

Guy Mancuso

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
I picked up a 64gb WiFi last night here in Phoenix at Best Buy. No 32gb though which is what I wanted.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
My wife ordered one for me (early Christmas present :D) on Sunday, November 4. Black 16 GB wifi model, said "Delivers Nov 27." I've been watching the order like a hunter stalking a buck, and it was labeled "Processing Items." Then on Wednesday, Nov 14, it changed to "Preparing for Shipment" at which point I was like Dark Helmet :p

It was then shipped out this morning, Friday November 16. The tracking number hasn't shown up in FedEx's system yet but probably will soon :)

UPDATE: The tracking number showed up, the estimated delivery is Monday, Nov 26, one day less than Apple said.

Last edited:

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
^^^ hopefully urs didn't get bumped like my 21st delivery > 26th delivery.

FAIL :mad:

illippinno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks everyone for the tip. I made one last run and calls based on Dstopsie's tip and I finally found one at Target. Thanks!

Did you try target? I am in Los Angeles and target had a pretty good stock on them last week. You might want to try target

Also you might want to try the store Mac Mall people are saying that they got them through Mac Mall like in 2 to 3 day shipping go on the website Appleinsider and look for the phone number or just Google the phone number for Mac Mall and tell them that you're from Apple insider website I think they might even get like a little bit of discount

Thanks Dstopsie. I decided to call around Target as well (I guess I forgot we had those. Lol) and only one in town carried a 32gb black mini so all is well! The Targets I've been to didn't advertise they sell minis on their displays though, which I guess is why they still have some stock. Thanks for the tip!

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
Thanks everyone for the tip. I made one last run and calls based on Dstopsie's tip and I finally found one at Target. Thanks!

Thanks Dstopsie. I decided to call around Target as well (I guess I forgot we had those. Lol) and only one in town carried a 32gb black mini so all is well! The Targets I've been to didn't advertise they sell minis on their displays though, which I guess is why they still have some stock. Thanks for the tip!

Hi. Your welcome! So glad you were able to find one. Welcome to the mini family!! I got a 16 gig white mini myself after trying apple's reservation system for 5 nights.

Congrats and have a happy thanksgiving too!!!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.