Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:06 AM   #1
nameunknown
macrumors newbie

Unhappy No Internet connection...Bootcamp help please

Hello everyone!! I have been trying to install a window 7 on my mac. I succeeded in doing so but the problem I am facing right now is that I cannot connect to a wireless network when on my Win 7. I am using 10.6 and I have installed all the drivers. The keyboard, trackpad, sound, etc works perfectly fine! So I don't know what else to do please help I have also tried repairing though.
nameunknown is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:19 AM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

Are you able to see any networks, or is it you can see yours but can't connect? What kind of security does your network use? WEP, WPA, WPA2?
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:27 AM   #3
nameunknown
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMeister View Post
Are you able to see any networks, or is it you can see yours but can't connect? What kind of security does your network use? WEP, WPA, WPA2?
I cannot see any networks. It only shows diagnostic... and how do you know which type of security are you using??
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:34 AM   #4
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

Do you know if your router is broadcasting the name of the network or is it closed/hidden? The security is determined by whomever set up the network. If you did not set up the wireless network, ask the person who did.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:48 AM   #5
nameunknown
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Do you know if your router is broadcasting the name of the network or is it closed/hidden? The security is determined by whomever set up the network. If you did not set up the wireless network, ask the person who did.
I asked the guy and he said it is broadcasting.
So what am I suppose to do now? Thank you
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:16 PM   #6
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

This is a network you can see and connect to in Mac OS but not in Windows? How did you install the drivers? Was the 10.6 disc with the drivers specific to your computer or a generic retail disc?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:21 PM   #7
nameunknown
macrumors newbie

Quote:
This is a network you can see and connect to in Mac OS but not in Windows? How did you install the drivers? Was the 10.6 disc with the drivers specific to your computer or a generic retail disc?
Yes I can use internet perfectly fine with my mac.. I installed setup.exe from the snow leopard disc that was given to me when I first bought the computer. Does this have anything to do with the boot camp version?? It might be old
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:45 AM   #8
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

You can try installing the 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3 Boot Camp updates located here. Make sure you are downloading the drivers for 32 or 64 bit, whichever you are running. You will have to download them in Mac OS to a flash drive and wait to run them until booted into Windows.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac